Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any ideas on how to make time fly ?

Hey Sammi-Jane

I so know what you mean...it is scary...but here's hoping this time is different...

As our GP said...every new month is exactly that...a NEW month...just because it was negative last month, does not mean it will be negative this month...they are totally separate events...

Having said that though...the TWW is AWFUL!!!

Just tell me now whether it's a BFN or BFP!!!!

My temperature went up today and so did my hopes...I hate that!!! Makes it harder...

Start feeling my BB non-stop..."are they sore...think they're a bit sore"..."do they look bigger?"...so sad...I even asked my dog that today!!!! ROFL!!!!

Any little stomach twinge becomes a "cramp"!

"Is that a headache? Yeah...I think it is!!!...YIPPEEE!!!"

All a bit silly!!!!

Anyway...

The book I'm reading is so not baby-focussed...it's wonderful!!!

Called "in a million little pieces" by James Frey...about a guy with alcohol and drug addictions...strange that I would read a book like that...but it's just good to keep my mind off my life for a while...

Anyway...wishing all the best...

Take care!!!

Ah Monnie we posted at the same time!! I had a massive headache yesterday - so whoo hooo to you and me. And the nausea this arvo is driving me mad - but then again it could all be in my mind LOL!! And how funny are you asking your dog - hey I might do that tonight when I get home

Sammi Jane Guest

Hey Monnie,

I know what you mean, but it's so hard after so long... you start to feel that it will never happen. I'm already scared about doing IVF and that's not till December, IF we have to at all! We've still got this cycle & 1 more before we start looking at that... please God give me a BFP!

I've read that book, it's brilliant!!! I also read the 2nd one - My Friend Leonard. Both really good. It's a pretty horrific story isn't it? It will definitely take your mind off TTC! I'm reading 'We Need to Talk about Kevin'. Not sure if you've heard of it but it's all letters from a woman to her ex-husband about their son who went on a shooting spree at school. It's her looking back from before he was born, how she felt, what he was like growing up. It's quite depressing, but very interesting.

Here's hoping that our 'symptoms' are real and we all get BFP's!!!!!

Hey guys

Yeah...LisaL we must have posted at same time!!!

Sorry to hear about your losses...I often complain about never having a BFP but then to have had one and to lose your baby...that would be so hard...I hope you are doing okay...really feel for you...

My AF's generally came early on the times that I have thought I was pg. There were a few clots as well (TMI too!)...and a little heavier...but I've also come from a background of massively heavy periods due to some nasty fibroids...so nothing seems that heavy in comparison to those times! Thankfully they were embolised and I don't have to experience that any more...my record was a 16 day AF!!!

I always said after that "I better be able to get pregnant after all of this"...and alas...here I am!!!

But...I have a great life apart from the horrible LT TTC...so I really can't complain so much...

Yeah...here's hoping our symptoms are real!!!

Sammi-Jane...that book you're reading was recommended to me by a friend the other day...I work in mental health for kids...so it seemed a little too close to home...but I should check it out...

I've only just got back into reading...I have been an absolute crossword addict for the last 12 months...so I'm trying to break that addiction so I can read again! So embarrassing...crosswords at my age!!! Shouldn't I be 60 or something before that desire sets in!!!

Anyway...so hoping there's some good news soon...for us all...

Take care...

Sammi Jane Guest

Can you recommend any books Monnie? I've always been a reader, just been a bit slack lately. I'm off on holidays next week so would love to take some good books to read. Was the Zadie Smith one good??

I've never been any good at crosswords, hopefully I will be by the time I'm 60!

Yes, here's hoping there's some good news for us all!!

Hello, ladies, I'd like to do two book recommendations, probably the two best novels I've read over a five year period:
    Cold Mountian by Charles Fraser (yes Nicole Kidman and Jude Law did a movie and it was fabulous too)
    The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak (a holocaust novel but very moving and with a surprise at the end).
    I'm not in the TWW right now but hoping you all get your s and H&H pregnancies soon!!
    :-)

Hey Sammie Jane

The Zadie Smith book was really good...took me a little while to get into but then really enjoyed it...

It's called On Beauty

Worthwhile read!

Sammi Jane Guest

Thanks Marydean & Monnie, I might have to go shopping!

I hope you both have a great day!

Well...temperature has dropped again...guess it's not a particularly good sign...trying to remember "it's not about individual temps., it's about the pattern"...but when I overlay my charts they are now starting to look very similar...

Such is bloody life!!!

Sammi Jane Guest

Sorry to hear that monnie. I hope you're wrong!

I POAS this morning, 11dpo, and got a BFN. I'm devastated. I've had a bit of a cry, but I think I need a big cry. I'm getting closer to IVF, and I never wanted to get anywhere near it!! I just want to fall pg like everyone else. It's so unfair! So, 1 more try, then IVF. How scary!!!

I really need this holiday!!

Oh Sammi - its not over yet lovely - it may just be a little early for a +ve hpt, given its 11dpo. Sometimes O doesnt occur exactly when we think so you might still be in with a good chance. Its not over til the af witch arrives!!

Carys Guest

Sammi, I've been ttc since nov05 as well. I read earlier in the thread about you no longer temping. My dr told me to stop temping also, just for my own sanity!.. I havent taken his advice for this cycle but will stop if this month I get a BFN. Im due on Sunday, have had a very feint line on a Fortel ultra, but having said that, I dont trust them at all, and I have also had two chem pregnancies this year so know that even if it is, it might not stick...

Carys

Sammi Jane Guest

Thanks LisaL, I know you're right, but I just don't feel positive. I had a big cry last night and I feel a bit better today. I'm off to Thailand on Tuesday so I'm just excited about going away & getting away from all of this ttc.

Carys - I feel much better not temping. I did it for so long and every day before I even get out of bed I was thinking about ttc. Then I would stress if the temp was high or weird... it really stressed me out. I hope AF doesn't arrive on Sunday and it's a sticky little bean. That must be upsetting having chemical pg. I've never had one.

Thanks girls.

Hey guys

Well...I think I'm back to step 1 again...temp. has plummeted today...so think that's it for me this month...AGAIN!!!!

You are right about temping...it becomes a less-than-wanted obsession...I even dreamt about it before I woke up this morning. Dreamt that all these girls were talking to me about having babies (they were all pregnant with twins) and I kept wanting to get away from them to go and take my temperature...and then I finally escaped, took it and it was really high...

I then woke up...took it...and it is 0.02 off my coverline...I then burst into tears...

Might think about forgetting the temping too...we'll see...

Sammie-Lee...it's early days for the pregnancy test...so don't give up hope yet...I read on the FF website about the stats. for early pregnancy tests (ie. those done before AF is due) and even successful pregnancies have a really low percentage of registering a BFP (Percentage of pregnancy charts with a positive test at 10 DPO: 10%)

So hang in there...have a wonderful trip to Thailand...how gorgeous...I love that place!

Carys...wishing you all the best...here's hoping!!!
    Last edited by monnie; November 3rd, 2006 at 12:21 PM.

Sammi Jane Guest

I'm so sorry Monnie, it's hard isn't it? I do know how you feel, and I feel for you. Lots of to you. I'm sorry your dream didn't become your reality! One day you'll get your BFP and what a wonderful day that will be! Grieve, and then get up and try again. That's all we can do isn't it?

You're right, the test was early, but I just don't have a good feeling about it. I just don't feel pg. Everything is just as it always is...I'm sure AF will arrive either Sunday or Monday. But at least I fly to Thailand on Tuesday!

Take care.

Thanks Sammi-Jane

You are so right...grieve, get up and do it again!

We become resilient little buggers, don't we?

Enjoy Thailand...here's hoping Aunty Flo decides not to travel with you!

Sammi Jane Guest

LOL! Very funny. I hope she doesn't travel with me too! I just won't pack her, that way she CAN'T come! ha ha...

Look after yourself.

Sammi Jane Guest

Hey Monnie,

I see that you guys are our age, there doesn't seem to be that many of us around... Also, I see that you guys have been ttc since Jan 03. What are your problems, if you don't mind me asking. It's a long time, have you tried any AC ?

Sam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12