Thread: Anyone else about to start assisted conception?

Default Anyone else about to start assisted conception?

I'm starting assisted conception soon and was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat?

Hi Mrs P, I am currently on my third cycle of clomid but next week am going to see a FS for the first time and will be discussing where we go next... where are you up to?

Hi DrGirl,

We're seeing our FS in early June and following the required tests (sperm, HyCoSy) will most likely be trying FSH injections for ovulation induction.

Did you not get your clomid prescribed by a FS? I was told that a GP isn't allowed to prescribe it?

Our FS apparently prefers FSH to clomid, I'm not 100% sure why though.

I'm excited because we'll actually be able to TTC. I'm not ovulating and haven't had AF for almost 2 years since I came off the pill. All the tests etc seem to indicate it is stress related (doing my PhD etc). Although right now I'm getting pretty freaked out because I have to submit my thesis in about 3 mths time, and I'm trying to finish that while working 3 days a week. Argh. Over it!!

Mrs P, It is also my understanding that a GP cannot prescribe clomid (I am a doctor but a psychiatrist and cannot prescribe it). Any O+G can prescribe it (ie, not only FS). I have been seeing O+G for about a year re preconception and more recently TTC. He prescribed the clomid and has now suggested we need to at least talk to FS...whic I am extremely anxious about as I am unsure how I feel doing more invasive things but have decided that I should at least go and talk with them to make a fully informed decision.

I imagine the next three months will be pretty stressful for you. When I finished my honours thesis many years ago I declared that I would never again do another thesis.. I think you are very brave!