Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #4

slyder Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #4

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    slyder - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The old thread is here

Congratulations Missy! Wonderful news, lovely xxx

Today is just so NOT my day!

It all started at 5am... into the clinic with my fuel light on... got there, got to the servo, got to work on time.

Was told to call between 12:30 and 1:30 for my results, as I couldn't guarantee what time I'd be free to take a call. At 1:20 they said they weren't ready yet and were still waiting to get hold of my FS to talk about them. Unfortunately, I was then on class from that point until 3, so one of the nurses then had to stay back to talk to me - they usually finish up at 3... I hardly even have to give them my name when I call now, my reputation as a problem patient is being made known throughout the clinic yet again.

I don't think it helped that my last period class was in a non-air conditioned room, but more on that later.

Today's levels have hit 5000, and I'm back tomorrow for a scan to see just how much trouble we're in, another blood test and a drop to 100IU for tonight.

When I finally get home I then have to chase around to my GP... I'm out of my arthritis meds and it's snuck up on me horribly because I'm so distracted by the IVF and OHSS stuff, and I take four of them each day! They can't get me in until Friday, so were just going to get him to leave a script at reception for me. They haven't called back yet...

Arrive home feeling hot, thirsty and generally revolting. It's been 30C today, and very humid and icky here in Sydney. Our house is NOT air conditioned, apart from a portable unit which I had to drag into the study.

Spent most of the evening chatting with BG about how horrible we are feeling on stim drugs. I was being a good girl and consuming my protein and continuing to tackle the task of consuming my 2nd of 3L of water for the day.

Heat, stress... all combined to have me feeling extremely nauseated. Eventually the wonderful BG talked me into taking a maxolon... It solved the nausea problem, but not in the conventional way.

It made me puke.

A lot!

Instantly!

I did not have time to get to the bathroom, I barely got up from my desk and out of the door to the study before I started throwing up.

Hands over mouth... but it was extremely liquid puke, so that did nothing. I have thrown up all over my self, my clothes, the hallway (carpeted) the toilet... it's an awful mess here!

DH is still working on a gig tonight, we have no carpet cleaner. I arrived at the bathroom mirror to find my face, my hair, everything covered in puke. Note to self - hands over face when throwing up, not a good plan!

Fortunately, after a shower and cleaning up the worst of it as best I can, I'm feeling much, much better. I've thrown towels over the worst of the mess, given DH instructions to bring home some carpet cleaner and he's said to do the best I can and leave the rest to him.

I defy anyone to top that for a bad day!

And BG, thank you so much for being my sanity, my saviour and for forewarning my DH that he REALLY needed to answer the phone when I called him, despite the fact that he's operating the PA for a fashion parade!

BW

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BW, after a day like that, you deserve a month full of excellent days. Holy cow on the immediate, violent effect of the maxolon!

I always thought it was supposed to make you feel better by stopping the nausea, not by making you throw up! I've seen it work like that with someone else before, perhaps it's because we waited too long before taking it?

Who cares! Either way, I'm finally feeling a bit better, and DH should be quite sympathetic when he gets home. I have to admit that I've got quite a chuckle out of the SMS conversation he had with BG, though!

BW

Hey whatever works to stop the nausea! However I'm sure you would have preferred not have have been violently sick when you didn't expect it.

I'm sorry to read that your levels have gone up, but hopefully the scan tells a tale that's not as dire. And if they put you on orgalutron, it should slow the rate of your LH surge, I believe (but don't quote me) At any rate it looks like they're trying to slow things down anyway they can.

Hello!
    BW what a horror afternoon ... sorry I couldnt help chuckle over your vomit mess! It reminded me of my DH! he's a bad vomiter! I was a really sickly child and was always chucking, and have it down to a fine art so that dont make a mess! I recall in my cycle gone past the last few days before EPU was feeling crap and ended up just taking extra panadol on top of gonal f and synarel and felt like you - really nauseas ... then I threw up, felt weak and was pale but after I felt better! I reckoned it was cause my body went crazy and my blood levels sky rocketed. Mine hit over 9000 on last scan and had to trigger that same night. This time I will be going slow and steady! I hope they get it under control for you hun, sending you lots of positive vibes!
    Well I start the synarel tonight, got the call from clinic this arvo so am off and running!
    MISSY Big congrats from me in here! I already had my scream so will refrain! but YAY!
    Babybliss Happy Birthday!
    To everyone else sending you truck loads of baby dust!
    Mon
    Last edited by Mon; November 19th, 2007 at 06:58 PM. Reason: making sense of my ramble

glad i could help BW - even it was just to keep the lines of communication open properly between you and DH (and of course, entertain you after the fact!)

i can sympathise with the icky tum - had to maxalon this morning for fairly damn ordinary nausea too - and am now on leave til christmas eve (boss took one look at me and asked if i wanted to rearrange my leave to start immediately - must have looked pretty damn bad!! - there are a few advantages to being open about treatment)

sushee - the orgalutron is an antagonist that does indeed inhibit the LH rise - and is often used to limit OHSS developing - i'm due to start it on wednesday - they tend to prefer to use lucrin/synarel though, seeing it's atleast $80 a day on top of the normal cycle costs...

yeah I know I'd heard of it being used before with someone in the LTAC threads instead of synarel/lucrin and vaguely remember reading somewhere about it being used to slow the LH surge. My old brain is-a failin' me these days.

is all good hun - your brain is doing fine

i was just confirming for you cos i did a runner to the car earlier for BW for the description! i used cetrotide previous cycles - get to use orgalutron this time (it's cheaper, no mixing required, and doesn't live in the fridge, so no stinging from the cold! woo hoo)

Hey Everyone

YAY MISSY!!!!
    Just so so thrilled for you!!!!
    I knew this one would be the one - and I know you guys were talking about this one maybe being the last go for you... see, it was meant to be
    Will be waiting in anticipation to see if there is one or two little ones snuggling in there tightly!!!
    Just brilliant news, congrats to you & your DH xxx

Kel - Happy birthday!!!! Hope you're going ok with the insanity of the 2ww... It does your head in! Hope you're keeping yourself occupied and its not dragging too slowly for you

Miss C - Your follie numbers sound great, even though they're a little sleepy
    Try not to stress out too much - Leave the worrying to the clinic hun - You have to take it easy and not stress xxx
    I know its hard to know that cycle #1 is really an experiment in so many ways... I know it probably doesn't make you feel any better, but know that a lot of us have had similar experiences as you are - Doesn't make you feel better, but it might make you worry less knowing that you're normal!! (It took them 2 stim cycles to organise my body!)
    Its such a trying journey sometimes, but they will get it right... even if it takes them a little while.
    Keep the faith in yourself and your body - When your follies do finally wake up, there's a good number of them, so I'm sure everything will be just fine - They're just being problems for you just to test your sanity this close to the wedding...

Shannon - Your avatar is very lovely!!! Looking good xxx

Jacqui - Welcome! Take comfort here knowing that you're with a big bunch of us that want to just scream on many an occasion!!!
    Hoping that you get some answers - or some direction from your RE appointment!

A big hey to everyone else - Far out there's a lot of us in this thread now!
    Here's hoping Missy has something contagious that we can all catch and get out of here!!!

Hope everyone is wonderful xxx

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give BW a big for her horrid day. Some days just plain suck!

And also congratulate Missy

Thats it for me, sorry for being antisocial. Really exhausted - think maybe its the Pregnyl kicking in... so off to bed

Kell - Happy Brithday
    BW - :hugs:
    Mon - Congrat on starting the syernal

EVERYONE else a big hello and hope all is well

CONGRATULATIONS MISSY!!!!

So thrilled to hear your fantastic news....let's hope it starts a trend!

Hello to everyone else....sorry, no time for personals as I have to get to bed, but I just wanted to drop in and offer my best to Missy. No news from me...2nd day of Gonal F and I definitely felt the needle go in tonight lol.

Vicki
    x

Hi everyone

Missy Very big congratulations to you! I hope you're settling in with your wonderful news and you new little one (or two! ) in your tum well today. I am so happy to hear that everything has worked out beautifully for you!

BW I'm sorry about your horrid day yesterday. I hope today is much better for you, and that DH took good care of you last night. You are such a trooper for dealing with all these side effects and issues that happen as you are going through the stims (sorry if it sounds patronising!) - it's really intense. I hope your scan shows a better situation than your b/t and that your docs can get your levels down. Thoughts are with you.

Mon I hope you're going ok on the Synarel so far, Mon. It's all happening now! Yay, how exciting!

Melsta What great progress your little follies are making! Really looking forward to more great news and hoping your EPU is coming along really soon and that you're doing better with those side effects. xo

Mel1977 I hope you're doing ok today, sweet. I hope the pregnyl isn't knocking you around too much.

BG, Hope the side effects of those stims aren't playing havoc with you too much and that you're feeling a little better today xo

blackduckies, thanks for your posts, hugs I think I am realising today that my FS was really good to organise a day 6 scan for me, but try not to worry too much, i think with your day 9 scan there will still be room to move if needed. My next scan is day 9 also, and my FS intends on changing doses etc. if needed then, in time for for EPU hopefully Mon/Tues. I'm sure they'll do the same for you, if needed I'm starting to think that the last 2-3 days before EPU are the really critical time where follies do their thing. Hang in there, sweet. I'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of wishes on Friday. What time is your scan?

Kell, Happy belated birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day, and that you're doing ok on your TWW atm. Thinking of you lots.

Vicki congratulations on starting the Gonal F! I didn't feel my first stick but have felt each one since - I think the adrenaline of a first ever injections or first one of the cycle means you don't feel it! I hope you're doing ok on them.

Jacqui Hi - I missed your post yesterday - welcome to BB and I hope you're doing ok today. Maybe we need to organise mass screaming and pull-out-of-hair sessions through BB for everyone

TL, thanks for being there to respond to me when I was struggling yesterday - it really helped me. I don't have the support I would like outside of BB (aside from my clinic of course!), so it makes all the difference to have people here that are watching out for me and being there when things go gunky inside my head lol. I do get to watch the screen on u/s so on Friday I can watch and be positive about the changes. Thanks xo

Slyder you reminded me that I can only control how I react and how I experience this cycle, rather than worrying about everything that's out of my control. It is hard to give up that control and trust my clinic, but I am getting there, and each day something happens, I learn something more and realise that trust is paramount, and that my clinic will look after me. Thanks

dusty how's BOB today, love? And you're hanging in there ok? Thanks for your reassurances. They really, really help. Hope, hope, hope for you and me and everyone here. It's what we've got

Holly your words - they were really, really calming. I am really starting to realise that I am definitely not alone in this little trip. Everyone here has been through a first cycle, and the experimenting and difficulty of figuring out what your body is meant to do. You worry that it's your body not doing what its supposed to, but really, its not anything wrong, it's just the way the IVF has to work in order for the clinics to get it right just for you. It's really becoming more comforting as I experience stuff to know that I'm not alone with this. Thanks for showing me that again xo

Wedding update: I just finished writing/arranging some music for the string quartet for our ceremony It's really taken my mind of the IVF and related issues yesterday and today, and it feels really wonderful to be able to add something so meaningful to our ceremony. Booklets are printed, and it feels very real with all our vows and the ceremony all set out beautifully on paper. Getting excited now - 19 days to go!

Many hugs to all you lovely, special people.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; November 20th, 2007 at 10:32 AM. Reason: extra personals

Miss C you are more than welcome

Hi everyone
    BW, sounds awful. Maybe just a build up of everything and the water would'nt have helped, good luck with the clean up. I hope they can get you levels sorted out, I second the person who said you are very brave.
    miss c, you are welcome!!! It's so nice to be able to talk about what is happening your fears and success and be able to vent when needed. My scan is at 9.20 am grabbed an early one. Yay on 19 days to go, it sounds like it is going to be a really nice day.
    Vicki, Mel take it easy with those injections side effects and just the ouchie side of things.
    BG, hope you are feeling a bit better. What a nice friend you are looking after BW like that.
    Yay Mon glad you get to start.
    Baby Bliss how are things going??? I hope all the reading of the success stories is helping in your TWW. Heaps of luck and positive wishes.
    Missy looking forward to hearing more wonderful news on Monday. We have lots of twins in the family sooo..........you get to see the positive and not so positive aspects. We will get 2 put back if possible!!!!
    Hellooo Tiggerlinda, Holly,Sushee, Slyder and everyone else who I have missed (which is lots I'm sure) hope you are all doing well.

feeling a little better today - though still have an upset tummy which is driving me insane! might be getting a massage tonight, which will be awesome and should help with some of the issues i'm having with headaches at the moment...

looking after BW wasn't a big deal - that's what friends are for... you do whatever you can to help out without even thinking about it...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast