Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

The old thread is here
    Last edited by sushee; November 6th, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

Oh boy im first. YAY.

Hi Slyder, Yes they rang to let me know 6 fert and that has been about it. So im taking no news is good news. Well it just has to be or I would have heard some thing.

I'm surprised. I got a call every single day informing me of our embryos' progress. I'm kinda pushy and if they hadn't called me, I sure as hell would have called them.

Thats what BW said sushee. Hmmmm Well its to late for me to call at transfer is tomorrow.

I'm the same, Sushee. I actually called trying to get information on the afternoon of my egg collection. I had misunderstood what had been said and thought I'd get the first call that day, not the following day.

I guess different clinics do things differently. It's the little things like this that make me determined to stay with my clinic, despite the fact that my FS does have a tendency to give me a hard time over some things. I got to watch him in action with someone else last time we were there - it's not personal, just the way he is.

BW

My FS took some getting used to, too, BW. He can seem aloof, and has a very dry sense of humour that I didn't always appreciate when in a heightened emotional state. But I have grown to understand him now and the way he is, and I suspect that he's gotten to know me and my idiosyncrasies (read 'pushiness' here) as well. I must admit, from what I've heard of other clinics, I do believe I've been fortunate with mine too.

Hey Missy I dont get the calls too I just figure no new is good news best of luck for Et tomorrow

Peta -sorry I know it is devistating did you say you were GC based?

Miss C - I agree on the strangers thing I think I have also made some good friends

Me I am not to devasted as I delt with that last week when the bleeding and pain was bad. Onwards and upwards for next year I say I have a planning appt with the AP on Saturday may even lose a few KG's too.

Thankyou again

BW, I tried to give out rep points a few days ago to someone I'd recently given them too, and it told me I had to share around, too... I guess its a way to stop people from voting for people rather than posts.
    I think (not that I really know much about it) you haev to give out 10points in between giving them to the same person... Don't quote me though, I think I read that in the rep points thread???!!!!!
    Nice to know that my post was worthwhile

Missy - We get the call about fertilisation, then they leave it a day, and then we get a call about cell division the day after that.. and pretty much every day up to the day before transfer - to let us know how they are going, and also to say whether we're even having a transfer!
    Its touch and go with blasties, and it does your head in - In many ways, I find those few days inbetween as excruciating as the 2ww! Not as long, but just as anxious - I'm pushy too - And don't worry about being a hassle to them - Its their job... and its your potential babies!!!
    DH tells me all of the time I can't think like that (we had this discussion when we did a cycle in April last year and pick up fell the day before Good Fri, and transfer was the day after Easter Mon! - He said its Easter, let them have a holiday - My thoughts were that they were in there checking on them anyway, so why couldn't I get to know what was happening, I'm the mum )... My thoughts are with you for tomorrow, hun - Are you having 1 or 2 transferred?
    Good Luck xxx

Hi girls I have met some of you before, but would like to start posting here if that is OK. I am looking to share my journey with people who are going through the same thing and also hoping for some much needed advice along the way. We have 3 children, but also 5 MC's I have a lot of problems in preg and went to see a FS to try and get some answers before we even thought of trying again. Anyway on his advice we find ourselves on this crazy merry-go-round, we have started on our first IVF cycle after 2 failed IUI and I am trusting his judgement and his years of knowledge and hopefully!!!!! I am 40 so??? who knows but I am giving it my last and best shot. Good thing I did'nt meet DH any later me thinks.
    Look forward to chatting with you all !!!
    Last edited by blackduckies; November 5th, 2007 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Sorry sig

Hi Guys

Firstly Holly love your Av! You look fantastic!! Gotta get round to getting one

Also Missy my clinic calls with fert results the next day and then that is it (same clinic as TL) but they are more than happy to take calls and to let me speak with the embryologists every day and well yes i do call them every day!!

Still no sign of AF

Shan

omg - we're such a chatty bunch tonight!

welcome blackduckies - looking forward to closely sharing cycles (and FS) with you hun - it's all sooooo close now!!

to everyone else - a big high, and an even bigger sorry for few personals - i've just come in the door from dinner at my brothers, and am tired and headachy and really want to go to bed!

will catch up tomorrow (in between phone calls from DH to put bets on for Cup Day i'm sure!!)

*** ch ment***

BW - Just quickly on the Christmas thing; I was dreading the family xmas myself this year a bit. I find second child stuff really difficult, and my SIL and brother had their second child in Sept. The thought of seeing the siblings together reduced me to tears repeatedly, but I also knew that my son would want to see them all etc etc.. and that it would be easier to go than to NOT go and have to explain.
    I compromised. We'll go for lunch but have booked ourselves a campsite at Aireys Inlet (beach) from xmas night. This allows us an early escape card so to speak, as well as something fun and nice to look forward to and think about, especially if we are also dealing with a recent negative.
    I think it is really important that you put your own needs and emotions first, but I know its not always easy to do. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Hi all. Well todays the big day. Im so hmmmm well not sure how I feel.
    Tigger thanks for the good luck hun. As long as I dont get that dreaded phone call ill be fine.

Holly thanks for the info hun. It doesnt really bother me that much that the fs doesnt call but its just abit hard in the waiting. Does feel abit like 2WW but shorter. Thanks hun.

BD good luck with your upcoming cycle hun. Im sorry about your ms. That is so sad.

Shannan maybe I should have called but I guess Im scared. I feel that no news is good news right.

BG hope your head ach is gone for you soon hun.

Good luck today missy and no news is definately good news!! I can't remember 1 or 2 back?

Sorry shannan. I always have 2 put back * of cause if there is 2 to put back* if not then one. but Have told them I want to today. Thanks for the good luck.

Good luck Missy!

Thanks for the welcomes, good luck Missy, I have been reading this thread but not posting so I know a little about your current journey. Good luck with 2 blasties going in that sounds very promising. Look forward to hearing good news.......

Missy have an excellent transfer sweet I hope this is the one for you

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast