Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you help me??

Default Can you help me??

Hi,
    I've just gone off the pill (6 days ago) as I originally thought i may have been pregnant, however seems now that i have my period and i am no longer thinking what i was thinking!I will do another preg test tomorrow (just to be sure!!!) anyways. The reason i'm writing is that my DP and I have decided to stay off the pill for good as we would like to TTC in the next few months. We are getting married in Sept and ideally would like to concieve perhaps 1 or 2mths prior to the wedding or around the wedding anyway... (we understand it may take 3mths, 6mths or whatever to conceive)

My question to you all, is for those of you that have previously been on the BCP's and you went off them, how long did it take for your cycle to regulate and for you to be fertile again? I have heard some ppl can fall preg within the first month of going off, i've also heard some ppl don't get a period for weeks, others get a period instantly and it lasts for 8 weeks on end and i've heard that some ppl take a good year for their periods to regulate. I started bleeding 4 days after stopping pill and i am currently still bleeding (4 days later) so i hope it stops in about 2 days time!! (like a normal period)....

Is the pill out of my system now?? Or will it take months? I have had pretty bad cramping 5 days in a row (even started before i went off pill thats why i thought i was preg along with other symptoms too!!) must have been phantom pregnancy!!!

Any useful info or if you want to share your experience of going off the pill that'd be great to hear it. I look forward to joining the TTC journey with you all when the time arrives for us. In the meantime, if it happened we would be very excited!

Thanks girls xx

Sorry, me again..
    I forgot to mention, i have been on the pill since i was 17 (8 yrs total) and I am looking forward to learning my cycle and actually having a "real" hormonal cycle each month rather than "fake" cycles! I don't feel the pill has been good for me the last year anyway i just don't like taking it because i do worry what it may do to my fertility and i would like to get my periods organised before we TTC later on. My periods were always regular when i was younger before i even went on the pill (28day cycle) therefore i am HOPING my periods are once again regular now that i'm off the pill??!!!
    Thank you for reading..

Hi Renstar,

I'm no expert on these things, but thought I could tell you my experience when I went off the BCP before my first pregnancy. I was only on it for a couple of years, but when we decided to TTC I went off it when I was up to my next sugar pills. My cycle before I took the BCP was very similar so it went back to normal in the first month, I was pg within 6 weeks of coming off the pill.

It is probably different for each individual so don't take my experience as the norm for everyone. I didn't go back on the BCP afterwards as I too was worried about the long term consequences, so we used other methods until this pregnancy.

I wish you luck with your TTC journey! Something to think about though...If you were to fall pg as soon as you start to try, you may be experiencing the m/s and tiredness that comes with the first trimester during your wedding! This may not worry you though and don't let my comment put you off! Again, best of luck!

Trish

Hi Trish,
    Thank you for your response... yeah i've considered the fact that i may have my period, let alone be pregnant on our wedding day and yeah may be feeling sick or whatever... i suppose that's a risk i need to take... at the same time, if we wait until the day after our wedding to go off the pill, I may find it hard to conceive when we would like to whereas this way we get a head start!! chances are we may not conceive within the first 2mths but then who knows i could be one of the lucky fertile one's! haha! it's a big decision to make... i'm REALLY looking forward to becoming a mum and if we can have a honeymoon baby then great!!!! thank you.

I'm REALLY curious to find out how long it's going to take for my cycle to get regular.... i do hope it doesn't take too long!! that way i can start to chart and work out what my body is doing and PRAY that my period doesn't arrive on our big day! i'm sure it's happened to other people before!!!

I really hope your cycle falls into place very soon for you. And congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Thanks Trish!!! :P

I was back into my normal cycle immediately after coming off the pill (after 10 years). It did take us a long time to conceive but that was totally unrelated to the pill.

Hope it doesn't take you too long Ren

Thanks Sarah, that's comforting to know that you were on the pill for around about the same time as me (couple more years) and your cycle regulated straight away, that's good to know. thank you.
    BTW, your little boy Zander is so cute!!! He always makes me smile whenever i see him on your signature, he's got a beautiful smile :P

Aww thanks, that smile makes everything so worth while

My cycles were all over the place when I came off BCP. My first was 56 days!! And I charted from day one too. Anyway, it took 7 cycles before we got pg with our first child, and I am pretty sure that I didn't have a normal cycle until the one that worked. I certainly didn't notice any EWCM until that one.

Vitex may help get your body back on track.

If it's any consolation, I stayed off the pill and used the knowledge I had from ttc to avoid getting pg until we were ready to try for number 2, we got pg first try.

Good luck, and I hope it doesn't take too long for you (though also hope you aren't suffering from first trimester symptoms on your wedding day!)

Thanks SallyJ for sharing your experience/s with me about going off the pill I'll see how we go... wish me luck that it doesn't take too long to get regular!!!

Renstar - I was on the pill for 12 yrs no break at all, and was relatively regular straight after coming off - around 30-32 day cycles.
    Hope this helps.

Renstar - I have been off the BCP for 3 months. I was on it for 15 years... My cycles have come back prety normally, not prefectly, but pretty normal, however I am not yet pg. Good luck with your TCC, and your wedding!!!

You should come and join us in the TCC 1-6 month buddies group...
    xo

Thanks Rufalina,

Yeah i will come and join TTC 1-6 month buddies group... i wasn't sure if it meant you are trying to conceive in 1-6mths time or have been trying to conceive for 1-6mths! just wasn't sure... gotta read more on this site i think!
    Good luck with your TTC...

Ren - Most of us in there are TTC ATM, but even if you are starting to TCC shortly, you fit right on it.
    See you round.
    xo

If you're not TTC just yet, there's also the Pre Conception Buddies group

Thanks Girls! xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast