Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM after conception?? (TMI)

Default CM after conception?? (TMI)

Hi,
    Just wondering what sort of cm to expect in a successful preganancy chart. I'm definitely 9dpo and seem to have some amount of ewcm? (checked internally, sorry). I have had constant af back pain yesterday and today and I'm kind of expecting af to show within next few days. (normally i would have a blood tinge cm by now, tmi) Has anyone else experienced back pain like this in a conception cycle? also had some slight feeling of some kind on right ovary last night, (pretty sure I ovulated from this side this month). I've checked the successful conception charts on this site, they all seem to say creamy cm around this time of cycle? Had bpn this morning, to be honest, don't feel pregnant so not getting my hopes up. I have done a opk today and it has come up half as dark as control line and temps are high? Should just wait a few days but getting impatient, as you do. and besides, we are all here for support during the horrible two week wait. Any info on cm in conception cycles would be appreciated.
    thanks
    Lilylou

Last edited by lilylou; June 5th, 2006 at 03:52 PM.

*TamaraP* Guest

I normally get a lot of CreamyCM right around AF and normally straight after Ovulation.

I found that the months I was pregnant my CM normally was a lot denser and sometimes I even got a clump of gooey yellow creamy CM...

By the looks of things, its definate that you have ovulated due to your DPO, but getting EWCM and some ovary pains can be a sign of ovulation...

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks,
    I think I need to just wait for a couple of days and see what happens, no af yet, no bfp either. It's amazing that I've been getting af for so so many years now but couldn't really tell you much about cm after ovulation, I wouldn't have a clue. This is the first month I've really checked.
    I think I found ewcm but I was LOOKING too hard? it seems to be just normal and unfertile. I'm definetly not ovulating as temps have skyrocketed. I shall let you know???
    Tamara, I put a face to every post you make, heaps better, you guys look like you have lots of fun.
    seeya
    lilylou

Creamy CM was pretty much a constant thing when I was pg. One never knows. Good luck Lily!

*TamaraP* Guest

Awwww - Lily that was nice of you to say... I am glad you can put a face to me... lol

Janese Guest

Default CM after conception

Hello everyone! I am new here and believe it or not I am writing this from Finland. I have been reading your threads and have to apologise for my english is not my native language (as Finnish is) so not all the concepts of TTC are familiar to me.

I have this big question concerning this thread: I am trying to get pg, have been for several months already and getting a bit impatient and CM after conception really makes me wonder.. I have tried to get this answer from Finnish sites like BellyBelly but didn't get an answer. I hope you don't find this too disgusting, sorry if TMI. So here it comes: Does the taste of CM change after conception? I read an article on this site and it said that the taste and also smell of CM does change to sweeter, less bitter while ovulating. But then I've heard this rumour that you can check wheather or not you're pg by the taste of CM right after O (or your hubby can do it for you ). And if the taste doesn't change back to bitter after O, that is stays sweet, then there is a big change you're pg! I wonder, has anyone heard of this..? Thank you, sorry for the "yucky" question.

*TamaraP* Guest

Janese - hello and welcome to BB and to the English language. You did quite well with your post.

I have never heard anything about CM tasting different after Conception... very interesting.

Janese Guest

Tamara hi! And thanks, that's very kind of you.

Maybe I should ask this from the people who have succeeded to get pg.. But it is somehow a difficult question to drop: "Hey would you taste your CM so I'd get the answer..?" Sounds a bit...impudent. (It that a word, checked from the dictionary.)

But I also find this idea interesting and if it really is true can you imagine how many women it would help in that two weeks waiting agony. Bitter CM --> no pg, sweet CM --> pg! I am sure though that it could not be that simple. If it was I am sure the method would have been "found" already.

Hi Janese,
    I haven't heard of this either, but i'm sure someone will post with some info on it. I have not confirmed it yet, but I think i am pregnant. but I'm sorry, the thought of tasting it would probably make me throw up . Maybe if I'm not successful this month, I will keep it in mind ?? I will have to work up to tasting it.???? LOL It will be interesting to see what info, stories we get from this.
    Lilylou

*TamaraP* Guest

Lilylou - can I peak at your chart??

Janese Guest

Lilylou, oh it would be wonderful if you got BFP! When are you going to test?
    I understand perfectly that tasting is just too much... I have thought of asking my hubby to keep a record of the taste... I'm sure he'd go :eek:

I gotta tell you, you have a very friendly atmosphere here in BB.

By the way, what does LOL mean..?

Janese,
    I still don't know the lingo that I read, but i think lol means either laugh out loud or lots of love, to be honest, I don't know myself. Somebody help?
    I'm sure my other half would taste it too. I have been testing but only getting very faint line after 10 minutes. Too early I guess yet
    Lilylou

I am giggling!!!!
    Big welcome to you Janese - I think your english is wonderful. I am glad you have found the warmth and comfort of Belly Belly. What a truly amazing world we live in when we can all connect from opposite ends of the earth!!! Warm and fuzzys all over for me.
    LOL - laugh out loud. I agree that the terminology can take a while to get your head around. I used to think it was lots of love and I wonder how many times I used that inappropriately before I cottoned on!!!! Good luck with your TTC may it be short and sweet. How long have you been TTC?

Now, lets talk mucous girls....
    CM definitely changes in taste and smell after conception. This is thought to be almost solely due to the increase in progesterone. As for the taste test, I am sorry but I am not even going there!!!! I believe that the taste is much less pleasant (???) after conception. So, not sure that the sweet theory pans out.

Lily - I do so hope that you get a BFP. Remember to follow the directions on the test. If you get a line within the time frame no matter how feint the test is detecting HCG. What test are you using??? I have my fingers crossed for you sweetie!

Hugs to you both xoxoxo

Oh wow Lily. I just went back and read your initial post. You got a 2 shades lighter opk???? What brand???? Do you get clear sticks at all other times of your cycle except around ovulation????
    I ALWAYS get an opk like that when I am PREGNANT. I shouldn't say this and get your hopes up but this is a truly good sign!!! I'll bet my baby booties on it!!!!
    Please let us know....

Hi Deb,
    that was quick, so it is laugh out loud wasn't sure
    Using pregnow, line is coming up around 10 minutes, very faint but there, its not grey, stays pink but so faint, pretty sure its a positive though. I know you have a great deal of knowledge, just posted another thead about trying for a boy. Do you know much about this?
    Lilylou

Hi Tamara,
    I don't have a chart but marking everything on calendar, ovulated day 14 temps starting rising day 15 and kept going up, higher than ever before which I was quite excited about, then went even higher around day 6 still well over 37 at 11dpo (normally have 10-12 lp). cm has turned creamy and white, so looking good so far.
    Lilylou

Hi girls

If I get pregnant, I'll have to sort out some sort of sniff/taste test! Hmm, wonder if I can con DH into doing that at some point. Then again, would I want to? Think it may have to be a smell test. However, as eating different foods can make the taste of the mucus change (this works for spermies too, if there's a taste problem there; not that you should notice that while TTC), as well as using a new soap/shower gel in the bath, it's probably not the most reliable of tests. I think it's the urine that changes taste as well/instead: but as that can happen with various illnesses too and as it involves wee-wee then I wouldn't want to do that either.

Oh, and I love the word impudent, I've not used it for ages!

Big welcome to you too Janese - good to see another European every now and then! However, I know no Finnish (but love learning new words, so may put that on my list after learning Austrian-German); if only Lordi had sang in Finnish this year I might be a little better! Ah, well, I guess there'll be some televised Finnish next May for me.

And terminology - I still don't like AF. Aunt Flo = period. Still no real reason for that. Why not MP for menstrual period? I mean, we have LMP not LAF. Then again, I would have days after ovulation, not days post ovulation, so I could say DAO and then sing the Banana Boat Song. So maybe I'm not acronym-girl, and that's a good thing.

Luck to both Lily and Janese: I hope you get your BFPs soon!

Deb,
    I normally only test around ovuation time with opks but had heard they can detect early pregnancy (also heard they can predict AF so wasn't getting too excited). Normally don't get lines until I'm close to ovulating and a couple of days after, then it dwindles off (using ovunow which don't really ever give me a strong positive).
    Lilylou

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast