Thread: Conceiving on Clomid

Malisha Guest

Exclamation Conceiving on Clomid

Hi Everyone
    I just turned 29 and was diagnosed with PCOS in October 2007 along with a blocked right tube. Since i was a teenager i always had irregular AF so had to be put on the pill to regulate them. i was on it for approx 7 years. i stopped taking it in June 2007 so to prepare myself for conception. Previous to that i had an op to remove cin 1 from the cervix a few yrs back. I have always thought that i never o so i thought i would check myself out with a new Gyn/Ob who send myself and my DH off for tests (bloods, semen analysis and internal ultrasounds). they came back with PCOS and blockage of my tube. Was scheduled in for a Lapo in Dec 07 to unblock it which was successful. Last month went back to my Gyno/OB for my results and she prescribed me clomid (50mg) as i didnt know when i was o as i did not get any symptoms or mucus change. i just started my 1st cycle 3 weeks ago at CD2- CD6. On CD 14 i started to receive extreme cramping sensations in my lower ab and have just died down today CD19. During this time i was also getting hot flushes, was constantly crying, insomnia and nausea. is this all normal? now that the cramping has died down (i think) does this mean i have already o or is it still to come? Since coming off the pill in june 07 my AF have still not been regular so i dont know when im in mid cycle or not. what happens now? this wed (CD 21) i will have a blood test for progesterone. what if dont get any symptoms of o and what if miss it and dont acknowledge it? my bb are not sore just the nipples sometimes. im anxious to know as i do not want to go through another cycle of this again. i hope this is the month for us since we have been ttc since june 07. what kind of symptoms will i get in this 2ww? Atm i feel quite normal just abit emotional probably cos my sis in law just had her first child on sat (2 days ago) and is 1st grandchild for both sides. she was last to get married out of all of us and first to give birth. i wish things were as normal and as easy as it was for her.
    if anyone can help with advice or opinion it would be much appreciated.

thanks from very desperate and anxious woman

Malisha,

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well on the Clomid. I too had sore nipples, but that was my only side effect (lucky me).

Have you tried charting your temperature to find out when you're ovulating? The progesterone blood test will tell you if you are, but not when (and by the time the test is done it's too late to fall pregnant). If you take your temp you can see within a few days whether you have ovulated, and can usually pinpoint exactly which day it happened. Then, if you are not successful that month, you can time your BDing around that day (and a few surrounding days I would suggest) next month. Check out the Fertility Friend website - it's very helpful.

Good luck.

Malisha Guest

Hi Gypsy79

Thanks so much for your reply. i had previously been charting but my gyno/Ob said not to worry about it as i would know straight away whilst on clomid...yeh right. if nothing happens this month ill give the charting another go. During CD12- CD19 we BD so im hoping we caught the egg one of those days as they say sperm lives for 3-5 days.
    fingers crossed for tomorrows BT and next week's HPT.
    what symptoms after O did you get to think you were pregnant?

smiles4u Guest

Wink

Hi there MALISHA ... Hey, if I can have my 1st bub at the ripe young age of 40 ... You have the bonus of having youth on your side ... Keep that in mind okay as that is a big POSITIVE your way

... And I totally understand how you feel ... I was the absolute LAST with relatives or friends to finally have a bub. It's so naturally to feel that way AND it goes to prove how much you want this baby

Let you on in a secret ... I'm trying for another one & I just turned 42 last mth. You have gotta KEEP THOSE POSITIVE THOUGHTS & ENERGY WITHIN "YOU" & that baby will find you sooner rather than later

... Sending you lots of super powered positive vibes your way.

GO AHEAD MALISHA ... YOU SHOW 'EM GAL ... YOU CAN DO IT

Malisha Guest

Hi Smiles4u
    thanks for your very positive reply your so cute. yes lots of ppl say that im still young and have nothing to worry about...we will see i guess after next week.
    yeh it can get hard when everyone around you is preggers or having babies but it just makes us want it more than ever.
    well good luck to you and i hope it all works out also.
    thanks for the posi vibes too

baby dust to you

Malisha,

I started off with sore nipples, which I'd never had before, but I put that down to the effects of Clomid as it started pretty much straight after I ovulated. However, it changed from my nipples to all over my breasts after a couple of weeks. I also had spotting at 9DPO (I assume implantation) and seemed to be weeing during the night a bit more often than usual. I think that's about it.

Malisha Guest

Thumbs up

Gypsy79

thanks for that. yes i think thats what has happened to me. sore nipples after O but not sore breasts, going to the toilet during the night and throughout the day more often. my stomach is also abit queasy too but thats about it. some ppl must get more symptoms and others not so much. well if thats all you got and your preggers than there is hope for me too. all the best

talk soon

Malisha Guest

one more thing gypsy79 did your cm change whilst on clomid as i was dry as a bone during o cramps so i dont know which day i oed on if i did that is? i think im roughly 7dpo or thereabouts and i have not experienced any spotting yet.

Malisha, I've only just started TTC but my doctors have told me that charting is good even when you aren't TTC. It helps a woman become more intune with her cycle.
    I can't reccy Fertility Friend enough!!
    I have ordered a book that was recommended to me called 'Taking charge of your fertility'.
    From what I have had a flick through already, I have found alot of things I have been told and thought about my body are VERY WRONG!!
    Maybe you should get a copy?

I don't have PCOS or blockages so I have no idea what you are going through however, I send my best wishes, vibes and prayers your way!!

ETA: Oh. clomid can dry you up like a mofo!! I have been told pre-seed is a great lube to use!!

Malisha Guest

Karmakhameleon, thanks ill look it up and have a go.
    thanks for the recco also.
    dido prayers and vibes your way also and i hope that you dont have to ttc for very long now that you have just started...good luck
    i thought it did but wasnt sure which lube to get as apparently you need a sperm friendly one. thanks

baby dust

I used clomid for about 3 cycles 10 years ago but had to stop taking it as I couldn't take the mood swings - they were completely out of control. I did not have any spotting on it other than the spotting I always got for a couple of days before AF. I did not fall pregnant whilst on it, but did 3 months afterwards.

Clomid can make your CM hostile towards sperm so it doesn't work for all women. If you think your CM might be hostile try googling hostile cm & clomid and you will see lots of women who've experienced it and what they did to improve the situation.

Best of luck.

p.s. I'm pregnant at the age of 41 (and am almost halfway there) after starting TTC at 28. It seems I'm far more fertile now (3 pregnancies in 1 year compared to 1 in 8.5 years in my late 20's early 30's) so rest assured that your fertility can change at any time.

Malisha Guest

Satya
    thanks for your reply....wow thats amazing good on you and best of luck.
    yes i suppose clomid doesnt work for everyone but im just hoping it works for me. ive been so down this last month whilst on it and cant shake the emotions. i feel that if im feeling negative then a negative result will occur also.
    ok ill look that up and see what it comes up with thanks

Hi Malisha

I have PCOS and I conceived on clomid. As some of the other girls have said I would recommend charting your temp so you will have an idea of what your body is doing. I was lucky that I could identify changes in cm so I knew when I was going to O and learning the billings method really helped me to identify what my body was doing. Also I took metformin for a few months before I started clomid and on metformin I had regular cycles for the first time in years.

Good luck, I know how hard it is when everybody around you is having a bub but you are doing a great job in educating yourself. Ask lots of questions and stay positive!

Malisha Guest

Hi Sangie
    wow thats fantastic congratulations to you i bet you cant wait. is this your first? how long were you on clomid for before you conceived? yes if nothing happens this month i will start charting again. i jusr rcvd my Pog BT results and i oed at a level of 126 ...what does this mean? did i o more than 1 egg?

thanks for your advice and positive vibes

good luck to you also and may your bub be healthy and full of fun

Hi
    I have PCOS, and concieved on Clomid. However. It took 12 months. With the dosage being uped every 3 months untill I reached 100mg (2 tablets a day (d2-d6) That took 6 of the 12 then it took a further 2 for it to regulate my cycles and then 4 more to conceive.

I had uncontrollable mood swings and generally had to take d5-d7 off work. Some of the things I did on my emotional rollercoaster were. I lost my ability to concentrate. I would sort of wake up not knowing how long I had been staring at a wall. Or in one case how I got out of the car and why was I yelling at this lady. (Incedently stopped driving while taking the tabs after that) I would also cry for no apparent reason. soooo much fun... NOT....

I also charted and I did the saliva magnification (Get a maybe baby magnifine glass) That helped when clomid dried me out. I know when I was ovulating and there was just enought cervical fluid to get the boys on their way.

I generally only got cramping actually during my period, with that came Diorrea and vomiting, hot and cold sweats, and clotting.

So sweet, from all the posts here everything that your experiencing is normal. And you are definatly not alone. I understand that deep need when things aren't working and all those people ask (very innocently) "so when are you having babies" Depending on the time of the month, you just want to cry, or staple something to their forehead.

Warm and sunnie smiles, Mel

Malisha Guest

Hi Mel

yes i totally understand what you are saying and its exactly how im feeling. its been 4 weeks since i took my first cycle and im still getting side effects like forgetfullness, crying alllllllllllll the time and cramps in my stomach like a pull and tugg feeling. i dont know what to do if i find out my result is neg this weekend. a friend of mine just had a baby yesterday and my sis in law just had one last week so i feel like im surrounded by bubs and keep on wondering if its ever going to happen for us. i just dont want to take these tablets again, i dont know how you did for so long.
    yes i have one of those maybe babies but i have never seen the fern in 1 yr ive had it. also the light has gone on it.
    i hope i can overcome all this emotion soon as this weekend was the worst i think with all the crying. mind you i had to go to baby kingdom with my sis in law so that didnt help either. i dont think i can even go to my in laws for dinner this week seeing the baby will be there for the first time.

thanks for your advice though and all the best to you too

Malisha Guest

Hi Everyone
    Decided to test early this morning with a sensitive hpt and guess what.....................................
    it was NEGATIVE....ofcourse nothing seems to go right for me when i want it to.
    Ahh well it wasnt my time this time and i dont think there is any point to re test on the weekend either.

good luck everyone