Thread: Does a shorter LP mean you will implant sooner?

Red face Does a shorter LP mean you will implant sooner?

Just a thought

If you have a shorter Luteal Phase (LP), does this mean you might implant sooner when pregnant??

Or is it totally non-related??

say for example, you have an LP of 13, are you likely to implant if pregnant, at say 7dpo whereas someone with a longer LP of say 16, implant at 11dpo??

Ren I think that most implants happen between 5-12 days I think. It just depends on when the bubba decides to grab hold so to speak.

Your chart is looking good by the way, not long now.

hugs xoxo

Thanks Amanda.... yeah i've heard its from 5dpo - 12dpo anywhere between but just wondered if your LP would affect it? but i doubt it? cant see how hey

Not sure. I had a short LP and had an implantation dip 6&7DPO and tested positive at 10DPO (I had not tested any earlier).

oh ok, thats good Satya. hmmm i wonder if its true or not that it can make a difference? Maybe.... be interesting to hear others stories aswell...

Hmm....I don't think it would effect it coz it's just the time it takes to travel down and find a good spot to implant. And that's why having a short LP can be a problem coz it isn't enough time to implant iykwim??

My LP was 12 days and I was told by my Dr that somtimes its harder to get PG with a shorter LP cause you dont have as long for implantation.
    Having said that I got a BFP at 8DPO!

oh my goodness Lindsay that is the cutest lil photo EVER!!!

Ok that's interesting, cos i have a 13 day LP... hmmm that might explain why it's taking me a few months to get pregnant then! if he's right....

Hun im sure it will happen very soon, I wish you were PG now (well you could be ). Remember it took me 8 months TTC this bub.

Hi Renstar,

I had a short LP (10-11 days) when I was charting so I started taking vit B6. I like to believe it worked because the month I took that I got pg (so it certainly lengthened my LP - by about 9mths :-)

Ren 13 days is not short - it's average. Short is like, less than 11 days. Back to lurking...

nah i'm not worried about my LP at all... i am just interested to see how it could affect things that's all... well i am onto my 6th cycle (AF came today ) and FF has given me an LP of 14 days from the last cycle and the one before that was 12 days LP so its good its gone up a little bit.... that might be the help from the AP which is good. I like having a 14 day LP anyway hopefully it doesnt change back.
    I know it can vary cycle to cycle.

Lindsay - I know it took you 8mths to conceive hun, bub2, and i know it can take me up to 12mths to conceive however it still doesnt' give me any comfort knowing that!! I'm not getting any younger either ppl say to me all the time it will happen it will happen and i know that but it doesn't help to know that lol... its just taking me a bit longer than others to fall pregnant... i always thought for my first cos i'm only 26 it would happen within few months and been off pill since March07 but that hasnt helped either but im ok with it i accept it now

Saram - yeah i've heard that taking Vit B6 can help that... i take those tablets along side a preg multivitamin....
    Last edited by Shanti; March 16th, 2008 at 08:17 AM.

Hi Ren

sorry this want the cycle. but i think you have done wonderfully with taking temps (i am hopeless)

wishing you all the best for this cycle GL

Sorry for AF Ren I've been a bit busy lately but I'll get in contact with u soon.

Don't forget, 15 months TTC for me, and I was 18 when I started! It will come! U will be surprised at how many people take a long time to conceive

Thanks girls... yeah i know it will happen when it happens.... it's just taking us a bit longer that's all.... but i'm totally fine with it. Well not fine but ykwim.... i have to accept it right?

And i have been in pain and bleeding ALL DAY but not once have i cried about it! So proud of myself :P last cycle when AF came i was completely different