Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: False Positive HPT...

Default False Positive HPT...

Just wondered if anyones had false + before and if so with what brand. Has anyone had one with Discover before? And how common is it? Thanks

Beaksie Discover is a very reliable brand. Also false positives are rare (unless you are using Forelife Ultra!). I have never had a false positive and the only people on here who have had one that I have known have been using Forelife. Sometimes you can get a positive that turns into a negative, that's because of a chemical pregnancy (egg does not implant properly/implants then fizzles out). Usually we wouldn't know about these - it's only because we are testing (often before AF is due and with ultra sensitive HPTs) that we realise.

Anyway as I said in the 1-6 months thread, I am betting that you will get a better result with FMU.

I would think that you will get a better result with FMU.

mumstar Guest

Hi Beaksie,

I have used disover one step and never had false positive. I have had 2 false positives with forelife ultra (please stay away from them - waste of money). If you are really unsure. Maybe BT from your GP.
    Good luck. Fingers crossed for you.

I had a false positive from Fortel. Grrrr
    That was about 6 months ago, actually i had 2 (both from the same pack)

it is very rare to get false positive beaksie, get a bt from the doctor asap, to stop you going mental! lol

I didn't even know you could get a false positive.

I have had two false positives with Discover. Definately wasn't pg and the line came up pink.

Thanks Ella's Mum. Am thinking mine must have been a false pos too, as none of the other ones have been positive, even slightly

What day of your cycle are you Beaksie? I hope yours isn't a false one.

It was weird when I had my 2 falses, as I had never ever had a false test before and I have done a LOT of tests!!

Im 6 days late today, but except for that 1 test, all BFNs. Im holding on to a glimmer of hope. When I was preg with dd I didnt get a BFP til well after a week, and it was only confirmed by blood test. If Af doesnt arrive by Mon I will go to the doctors. It really doesnt feel as if its going to.
    To be honest I wouldnt care too much if af DID arrive, just to put an end to this waiting!

Good luck, hope you get the answer you're after

Beaksie, it sounds hopeful, the BT will hopefully be +ve!

Hi Beaksie, My last period started 14th Sept and so now my AF is 1 week late and I have been getting BFN's using Forelife Extra (3 in pack)..... I have a doc appointment on Monday. I will probably go and buy a different brand hpt today and do it tomorrow morning.

Last week I had really bad cramping and a cold to boot, as well as occasional nausea. This week I feel no cramping except a few twinges, my boobs are feeling ok, though occasionally I get an achy feeling. However, I am not holding out any hope. I feel the same way as you that if it DID arrive the waiting would be over.

Hi Mary 767 -sorry you're also going through he TWW from hell! Ive booked an appt next Tues, as I figure it still gives AF time to show, and if I am UTD (though thinking its soooo unlikely) any trace of hcg should definitely be showing by then. Ive had pretty much the same as you. Mild nausea on and off, really sore boobs on and off, a little cramping last week, and tired. Though Ive got a toddler, so Im always tired !

Beaksie, good luck! ... same reason why I booked the appt for Monday. Gives AF time to show.

I have 2 teenagers, and I work full time, my partner lives in the city during the week and comes down on weekends. I fall asleep on the lounge most nights by 10pm. lol.

He's 44 and I'm nearly 41. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Absolutely!

beaksie and mary best of luck with the blood tests fingers and toes crossed

I just read this post and guess what preg test i have in the cupboard?
    forelife extra DOH!
    I haven't used it yet. Hopefully i don't get a false positive. Good luck to everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast