Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

Default First time TTC

Hi All!

After reading these forums for the past few days, I feel like I am going round in circles!

Alright, DP and I have just started TTC. I came off the pill about 3 months ago after being on it for quite a few years. Does anyone know what the chances are of becoming pg first time after being on the pill?

I am pretty sure that we started TTC on the day that I ovulated (had ovulation pains). I am now 11 DPO and I am going mad wondering if it will happen first time! Been reading alot about early symptoms, and a lot of these early symptoms I get all the time! I get regular headaches, but I have gotten a real nasty one that I got yesterday and woke up with this morning. I am also feeling more tired than usual, and my eyes are hurting a lot (but it could be because I work on a computer all day long!?!) I wish I could get something more obvious, like nausea, or cramps or even spotting. But I got nothing! I did feel a little nausea the next morning after the first time TTC, but I just put that off to my head playing tricks on me and my BB were sore for a couple of days and now nothing. Did not have much of an appitite to start with and now I am feeling a little bit more hungry... AF is due in 4 days. I dont feel pregnant at all..

Any help, advise would be greatly appreciated. I am going mad and want to test for pg but it is probably too early.

wishing&hoping Guest

Hi Ngala,

This is first month trying (well the month coming up I mean), for us getting a as soon as possible!!!!!!!

Keep us updated!!!!!

I've had three friends who went off the pill and got pregnant straight away after only one period, so it's definatley possibe to get pregnant that soon after coming off the pill.

Fingers crossed for you!

Hi Ngala,

First of all welcome to BB.

If I was you I would test. 11dpo should show up a result. If by some chance it is a BFN, wait then until AF is due or even better late and retest then.

Good luck I really hope you get a BFP when you do decide to test.

Hi and welcome to BB. I was on the pill for about 15 years and charted and did pre-conception care for 6 months before TTC. I ovulated the first month and every month after that and conceived on our first attempt. There two great books that I read which are ‘The Natural Way to Better Babies’ and ‘Natural Fertility’ by Francesca Naish. Try not to get too worried this early. We have been TTC baby # 2 for about 10 months and I haven’t been back on the pill. Good luck in your TTC journey.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

We I am going to probably test tomorrow morning to see if I get a or a

A friend of mine that has been pregnant a few times as told me that I should test because she thinks the small signs could get pointing towards being pg. So fingers crossed!

Hi Ngala

Good luck !! I was lucky and got pregnant the first month after coming off the pill. I have just come off the pill again to TTC #2 and will be interested to see how long it takes.
    Cross my fingers for you.. it is possible !

Jane

dolphin22 Guest

Hi Ngala would just like to wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope you get a BFP.

Cindy

Hi Ngala,

I got a BFP on 7 June last year after coming off the pill on 17 May - i didnt even get AF !!! So yes, it is possible.

Good luck with your test !!!

After a very long sleepless night for both DP and I (DP was excited about getting his new car today and I was thinking about the HPT result!), I tested first thing this morning and I got a but I thought there was a little hope last night because after a lil bit of BD I noticed a bit of pink fluid which I thought could have been from implantation but I am probably too far along in my cycle for that to happen?!?!

I am not too upset about it, I think deep down I knew that I wasnt going to be pregnant due to the lack of symptoms. And funnily enough, I feel great today! No headache, no tiredness, no sore eyes...

Well AF is due in a few days, and if she does arrive, its alright! Means that we will be trying even harder next cycle! I found fertility friend and I am going to use that to find my most fertile times and with a bit of luck, could be pregnant soon!

Hi Ngala!

I hope that you won't have to wait too long for that !!

DH & I are TTC #2 and we are into month 5 and I also haven't been on the pill since TTC DD 3yrs ago - certainly hope it won't be much longer for us either!!

I remember the road to finally getting pg with DD - think I cost us a fortune in hpt!! LOL!! (took us 5 months) Am trying to be more relaxed this time - only used 1 hpt thus far!!!

Anyways, can't wait for your exciting news!! Have stacks of fun along the way!!

Thanks Charlyfrog!

AF decided to show up today which is earlier than I expected. I feel like my body has gone back to normal since coming of the pill so hopefully this cycle will be a better one. I started doing the temping thing, so hopefully the chances will be better this time around.

Its very exciting! I am finding it hard not to tell anyone that I could soon be a mum! Cant wait to be pg with my first bub.

Anyway, good luck to you and have a great weekend!!

It's soooo hard not to tell anyone isn't it!! I feel like it's written all over my face!!

My SIL just got engaged and is getting married in March and I am sooooo thinking that it would be so great to be pg soon so I can have a little bump as DH, DD (will be almost 2 1/2) & I are all in the wedding party!! Yay!!

I'm gonna keep a check in the threads as I anticipate the arrival of your first bump! Teehee!!

Sooo excited for you!!

hehe that would be a great thing to happen! Wishing you lots of luck to make that happen. Hopefully you wont need to wait any longer.

I am glad to have found this website so I can talk about this with people doing the same thing. Would have gone nuts if I couldnt talk to anyone about it.

know what you mean!!

Wish I had the noggen to have known about this forum when TTC #1!! Could've done with the girls support then! So glad to have it for TTC#2!

Am so glad you found it now!! Now you can let off steam or unload your thoughts safely and freely and therefore have SOOOO much more fun TTC!!

Yes good forum with lots of knowledge around

I have been doing a bit of 'nesting' today. hehehe DP and I have collected a lot of boxes and things you dont need that has just been piling up in the spare bedroom, that has now been name 'the baby's bedroom'!

The baby's bedroom is going to be great. DP built a waterfall and pond at the beginning of the year and its situated opposite the baby's room. Its so beautiful and relaxing.

LOL Am I getting way ahead of myself here?!?!

Not at all! Well not in my mind anyways!

Four years before DD was conceived I bought a Winnie The Pooh meal set (cup, snack cup, bowl & plate) and a toy train!! LOL!!

I collected happy meal toys when they were Winnie The Pooh & Sesame Street and said I wouldn't take them out of their plastic bag until setting up baby's room!!! (So that was fun when the time finally came!!)

I think it's great to get excited and plan ahead .... still leave some stuff for when you are actually pg - it's very hard hiding a fully set up nursery when you don't want people to know you are TTC!

Plus it's great to do heavy lifting before you are pg - we moved house when I was 8wks pg and apart from the moving guys wondering what the?? about the noise coming from the loo (LOL) it was extremely frustrating to have my IL's and DH watching me like a hawk!! Don't lift that! Use the stairs! Yadayadayada!! LOL!!

And if I was out and stopped to look at bubby stuff and my shopping companion wasn't DH, if they poked around for info re: babies (as to why I was looking in the bubby section!) I'd say I was merely, "Researching!" LOL!!

hehe well I havent gone and looked at any baby stuff yet.. well I have a quick glance when I walk past but I havent stopped and looked at anything - yet! hehe will probably raise too many questions.

Oh no, wont be getting the baby cot in the room until I fully know that I am pregnant. At the moment the room is all cleaned out (except for a few small little things) and hopefully it will stay clean and we wont start collecting boxes again.

I dont see any heavy lifting in the future. We are all settled in at home.

How far along were you before you told anyone you were pg?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast