Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

I dont really understand why bding every day would decrease the swimmers If anything it should increase the swimmers! LOL but if a dr said that and everyone goes by that, then it must be true!

I'm going to try every day around my fertile time to see what happens, but if I found something that says NOT to do it every day then I wont! Will do some more reading I guess

What are you doing now, bd'ing as your dr suggested??

Quote Originally Posted by Ngala View Post
    I dont really understand why bding every day would decrease the swimmers If anything it should increase the swimmers! LOL but if a dr said that and everyone goes by that, then it must be true!

I'm going to try every day around my fertile time to see what happens, but if I found something that says NOT to do it every day then I wont! Will do some more reading I guess

What are you doing now, bd'ing as your dr suggested??
    Hi
    My latest reading says that a young man takes about 24 hours at least to build up enough sperm for a decent ejaculate. As he gets older it takes longer and if he has semen problems it takes about 36 hours or more. So having a day's break ensures you get an ejaculate that is full of good, fast sperm.

Ahh thats a very good point! I guess to get around that one if you are to bd everyday then make sure you dont bd until 24 hrs after previous days bd'ing....

Thanks for the information fishukie!

Hi all,

I have always heard what fishukie has said, you need to allow enough time for the swimmers to build up. But like you said ngala, if you BD one day in the morning and another day at night it is over 24 hours. Any excuse to BD sounds good to me!

Ngala - in regards to what are we doing now, well....as I've said before, we're TTC/TNTC (teehee!) but I've got in the back of my mind when we should so am trying to be artful in initiating at the right times...but making it seem spontaneous to my DH ...ooh I'm a cheeky sausage aren't I??!!!

I hope all our "Hard Work" pays off and we all get next month!

and to all!!

Oh thats right charlyfrog! You are TNTC LOL Sorry I forgot about that one! Yes you are very sneaky! I might try the same as well next cycle if TTC this cycle doesn't work.

Well good luck ladies! I hope that this is going to be our month next month.
    And all round!

Hi chicks,

I've just joined this website and forum, and we are TTC for our second child as of this month.

I have a good tip for you all and that's every time you try, put a pillow under your bottom and lay there for a while. Nothing comes out! Trust me that's how I have conceived in the past.

I didn't do that this month though, I wanted to see if we needed to help the swimmers or if it would happen naturally. I've done an early test and it was negative, so I will know officially after this weekend, but I'm not too fussed at this stage. Maybe next month I will try the pillow again.

I lost a baby this year (conceived via the pillow also) and that made me a bit anxious to use the pillow again this month as I had a partial molar pregnancy. That's when 2 sperm fertilise one egg. It sends the palcenta into a spin. And needless to say I had 2 surgeries, 2 hemerages, & 1 cyst removed and countless blood tests before being given the all clear. So it's taken us a bit to come this point again.

But I'm glad we waited a while before trying again because I'm really excited about the idea again and very clucky for a little one! And that's saying something as I haven't had any sleep last night as my 2 year old is getting his back molars!

Gotta love that internal need to reproduce!!!!

Welcome Tashie D!

Good luck TTC your 2nd bub! And I am really sorry to hear about the loss of your baby this year. I hope that everything this time runs smoothly for you!

Thanks for the pillow idea! I was actually going to raise the question of what everyone does after the BD. But I had an thought that it would be best to have a pillow underneath afterwards. I know that I didnt do that last cycle but will defiently try it this time and see what happens.

Well good luck on your journey and I hope it is a short one. Keep us updated on your progress. Also, join in on the chatter in the TTC Buddies section!

Hi guys,

This month we BD in the morning then the following night (over 24hrs between etc) around O time and we got our BFP! so it worked for us..

All the best..

Hi and welcome Tashi D. Sorry to hear about your loss and wish you all the best this time around. I had heard of the pillow method before and have been told that it does indeed work its just that sometimes i get a bit lazy and forget. I have also heard that you shouldnt get up for about 1/2 hour after BD to make sure that all the swimmers keep swimming in the right direction!
    CONGRATULATIONS LEE!!! Well done. All the best, hope you have a happy and health pregnancy!
    Make sure you keep posting and keep us updated. Hopefully all of us will be joining you on your journey real soon.

Aww thanks walkingArt!!
    I wish you all the best this month....
    xxoo

Congratulations Lee! Wishing you a very happy pregnancy!!

Well I defiently lowered my chances of getting a bfp last cycle because I think I got up straight away LOL not this time tho!! I will get DP to get my a book to read to stay elevated and help the lil swimmers along.

Lee - I see that you are from Perth as well, are you south or north of the River? I am North of the river!

I am South.. Nice to also see you are a young mummy-wanna-be as well! I feel we get a few funny looks in regards to starting a fam and being young...do you get that??

Yes I am going to be a young mum! I was going to wait a few more years before trying but DP and I feel that we are ready.

I havent told anyone yet that I am going to be pregnant soon but I am sure I will be getting some funny looks! I remember when my older sis was pregnant a few years back, we were walking through a shopping center and everyone was giving her weird looks! I didnt think it was very nice....

I cant wait to be pregnant! I am going to show off my belly very proudly! heheh the other day I was on the net looking through all the maternity clothes that are available this days
    Last edited by Ngala; September 27th, 2006 at 02:05 PM.

best way to encourage a BFP is fall asleep after DTD. I tried everything when trying for Kat. I lay for over an hr with my hips raised by pillow, legs and hips up the wall, everything. Then I fell asleep (was drunk after hens night) and got a BFP! I fell asleep when I fell with Jess too.....go figure!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast