Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Frustrated!

Post Getting Frustrated!

HI all,
    Well, this month marks my 4 months since my last m/c, and therefore 3 months of ttc again, although we didn't really notttc for the month after my d&c, so i guess it is 4 months of ttc. I REALLY thought that last month was it and I'm getting so frustrated with myself, although I know that it really does nothing for my ttc journey! AF turned up on Sunday night, 2 1/2 days early, making my cycle about 25 days this month which I also know is not optimal for ttc . Maybe I'm stressing too much, no, know Iam! Considering my first pregnancy took only one night to concieve(!) and my second one was two cycles, Ithought Id be pg by now. What I'd like to know is what do you all do when you see AFas turned up each month? Is there anything you do to help cheer yourselves up or do you just go about things as normal? With my due date looming...9th of Sept, I had hoped I'd be pg and over the really worrying time for my due date (which is about 18 weeks for me, so no hope of that now!) My DH is going away in Sept. to Goulbnurn to train for the police force, so it will be a weekend romance for 6 months, and I would like to be pg by then too, otherwise the long distance relationship thing will make it really hard to ttc as well. I just feel so down atm (with AF partly to blame), I know that rationally 4 months is nothing and that others are having a much harder time than us of getting pg, but this is how I'm feeling...and I'm not all that rational lately!!

Thanks, Kellie.

I hear you Kellie, it is so frustrating!!! We have been trying for about 4 months too and its just soooo annoying when AF arrives.

First thing I do when AF arrives is have a non-pregnancy party with my DH - we eat food I can't eat when pregnant (eg oysters, soft cheeses etc etc) and have a couple of beers lol ! Lots of chocolate too of course. I tend to make the most of it, cos I know that once pregnant there are lots of things u have to compromise.

Yep I do that too, I think i keep our corner store in business with the amount of chocolate and junky foods i buy! I buy a bottle of wine and we go out on the weekend for a few drinks too when AF arrives. Then a week or so later, I stop to try to get my body ready again. It's silly i guess but you have to try to do something!

Kel

I remember the first 9 months or so, I was upset and moody when AF arrived and cried a few times. Now the last 10 months, I just expect her to turn up so I'm not that effected by it. I'm still disappointed of course, but I have learnt to cope with it.

I hope you get your BFP soon Kellie, hang in there!

There is nothing more difficult than going to the bathroom and finding that red. Its hard no matter how long you've been trying... I really hope you dont have to see it again though

Hi Kellie,

I know exactly how you feel. I really wanted to be pg before my angel's edd but thats not going to happen as Ive got af and edd is next weekend (29 July). Im frustrated too, and I guess what your feeling is perfectly normal, we all have our days. Try and keep your chin up.

Hope that bfp finds you soon!

Hugs to you Kellie - the first day of your period is pretty crappy. Then I start to get infused with the possibilities of the coming month.
    I hope you can feel better soon. I wish you a BFP soon...

Hi Kellie - just wanted to say i'm sorry ur feeling so down and frustrated right now....and i will keep my fingers crossed that u will get that dream really soon!!!! Try to remain as positive as possible and take care of urself

for you Kellie,

This month will be the 3rd offical month of trying (the 1st was just a casual type try..no pressure lol,for DH anyway). Last month I had some brown spotting and was convinced it was implantation bleed, then AF came on strong the next morning and after a little tear or two (DH was away on work too which sucked) but then I still convinced I was pg and said to myself that I am probably one of those women who gets 1 AF during the early stages.....

But when I did a test in the morning the words NOT PREGNANT got me angry for a bit, had a drink, rang DH and then just smiled and told meself its early days.....

Ask me again in 6 months if we are still TTC and I am sure I will be reacting SO differently.

Good luck hun, hope this month is lucky for us both

Default Getting frustrated

A big THANKYOU to everyone who replied and gave me good wishes!! I appreciate it. I hope some of you have gotten BFP's in the past week or so, and to those of us still trying. It's nice to know there's people out there feeling as crazy as I am atm. This ttc thing is such a roller coaster of extreme emotions for me, not to mention the tww.
    This month i was convinced it was the one ! I had all of the imaginary symptoms you could...well... imagine: weeing alot, tiredness, cravings, headachey, doing stupid things- like putting cerial in the fridge, milk in the cupboard...I think that was part of why I felt so dissappointed, cause I was certain this was IT.
    I will have to find some more coping strategies if my ttc journey is a long one though, I think. Maybe I need to start thinking that this is NOT the month, go with the fow more... I don't know!
    I feel really sorry for DH, he so doesn't know what to do with me!! We had a few drinks on Friday night, last day of AF, so my signal to do all things naughty for one last time- alcohol, yummy food; before getting healthy for a possible pg in the coming weeks! Strange, I know but that's what has become my ritual, we all need something to look forward to or concerntrate on I guess.
    I brought a yoga DVD in the hopes of relaxing a bit, and have made an agreement with my DH to try to lose some weight starting this month. Maybe that will keep my mind off ttc. If I try to concernatrate on my own wellbeing, not having a baby, then I will relax and be better off in ttc... it's a theory anyhow!
    I wish you all lots of luck this month Let's hope this month is really it for us all!

Thanks again everyone,
    Kellie.

I know how you feel. Since losing Zac in April, I've had 3 cycles and two of those were chems. It is incredibly frustrating indeed but as the other ladies said, you develop coping mechanisms.

Mine now is to look at each cycle as a way to improve upon the last one and work out timing or try different supplements. I let myself be disappointed when I see the red and then plan a new attack for the new cycle. That's the beauty of AF arriving. At least you KNOW you have to move on and don't have to sit there dwelling and waiting and WANTING to move on!

I won't be trying too hard this month, it is the first month I'm trying Lydia Pinkham (imported at some expense from the USA), or next month as there are already too many birthdays in my immediate circle at the time of the year when the baby would be due so that's another focus for me too. I'm really not sure if I want a winter baby either so may just "dabble" for the next few cycles after that. Lose some weight, get a bit fitter, have some fun showing my dogs and then get back into it after our Royal Show in October.

Well...that's TODAY'S plan anyway!! LOL

Lisa

Hi Mumintaz - could you tell me what Lydia Pinkett is???

Lydia Pinkham is a herbal supplement. It cannot be purchased in Australia and I don't actually know why as I have had a naturopath/homeopath look at the labelling and ingredients and all are readily found here and quite legal.

It is a very "old" recipe and is highly thought of by many women (primarily American) on the ttc boards in various locations. The old advertising campaign used to say "a baby in every bottle". Also apparently very conducive to conceiving pink. If you Google it, you can find more information, but google worldwide and not Australia.

Lisa

AAHH yes, I had a client on it, I knew the name rang a bell. Yep the ingredients are available in Aust and many naturopaths use similar in their tinctures. I hope you find some success with it.
    Thanks for replying!

Thanks.

I don't know why I'm bothering really. I already know that I CAN get pregnant. I guess it's just trying something new and perhaps swaying the odds towards pink as well. Maybe I feel more proactive if I take it?

Of course, it will probably turn out to be a huge waste of money, but if I'd never tried it I would have always wondered.

Lisa
    PS...I used to be indecisive, now I just can't make up my mind!

baby4 Guest

Hi Girls I Hope I Can Help But You Have Probably Heard This Before The 2 Times Ive Wanted To Fall Pregnant I Did With A Simple Ovulation Test From The Supermarket It Work Exactly When It Said It Would 2 Times I Hope This Helps If Not Keep Trying And Just Relax Cause When You Forget About It It Will Happen
    Good Luck

Ahhh...if only it were THAT simple for everybody!! But thank you for your input.

Lisa

Lisa, sometimes just doing something toward the goal makes us feel better and more confident - with confidence often comes success! So you go girl and slurp on old Lydia and this I pray will be your BFP month! Keep a seat warm for me in PAML 'cos I'm hot on your heels!
    Kelly, it's great that you have conceived both times you have used an opk. Sadly it's not quite as easy for all of us.
    Whoever invented the do it at home LH strip is raking it in let me tell you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast