Thread: 'Hormonal' during 'the right time'

Lizzie33 Guest

Unhappy 'Hormonal' during 'the right time'

Hi Girls, My DP and I have been TTC for a few months now, but it's not going very well...the problem is me, or at least that is what my DP says. He says that everytime we approach the 'right time to try' I get all moody and 'hormonal' and we never end up BDing, just fighting. I'm wondering if any of you have gone through this. I thought you were supposed to be 'hormonal' toward the end of your cycle rather than around ovulation. I worry that we may never conceive, and while I don't think I become 'different or *****y' around ovulation, I still can't help but worry. Thanks for listening.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Lizzie - I am hearing you! LOL

I am the same, I tend to get quite moody around ovulation time and end up being snappy at Dh. I have to really really focus on the fact that I have to get over it and make a real effort to get "in the mood!!!!" Once things are under wau I am fine!

I don't have alot of suggestions. I always find a nice bath relaxes me, maybe you could try a bath with some nice candles burning and invite DH to join you?

Lizzy, are you sure it's you? Do you feel out of whack or particularly emotional (the reason I ask is because pre-OCP I suffered from horrendous PMS and I always knew when I was 'on' because I just didn't feel like myself at all). Do you agree with what your partner is saying or do you think there are some underlying tensions (from either party) that are subconsciously keeping one of you from wanting to commit?

Sorry, not trying to psychoanalyse, but I think it's important you work out what the dynamic actually is. If you think what he says is true and you really are hormonal, I would suggest seeing a naturopath or a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, they have some awesome herbs that sort that sort of thing out (speaking from experience)! Also, try to focus on how much you love your partner and enjoying each other's company, the rest will come naturally...
    :-)

Lizzie33 Guest

Thanks for your thoughts, I don't doubt our commitment to eachother, and I know all he wants is for us to have children together, but to be honest, I think we both feel pressure to conceive soon, we are both in our mid thirties. When the right time of my cycle comes, the 'pressure to perform' can seem overwhelming. I know this might sound lame, and that we need to just get over it, but it's what I really feel.

Hi Lizzie, I'm hearing you with the 'mid-30s' thing. I've just turned 35 and it's definitely added a sense of urgency to TTC. But I remind myself that chronological age and biological age can differ and I've led a healthy lifestyle so it will happen when it does. There is nothing 'lame' about the way you're feeling at all! Just try to relax a bit, do some things that are nice, and nurture yourself and DP, I'm sure you'll be in a happier space soon! :-)