Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did you feel @ 11dpo?

Hey REnstar,
    Thanks for your kind words. you are a legend. I have been trying for 18 months. During that time though i took a couple of months off the clomid cycles because i nearly lost my mum and felt i needed to give her my undivided attention. I went and got a second opinion from another Fs and preffered his approach, so i changed doctors. He is a lot more proactive. He said there was no way clomid would work for me. Had all the horrible tests done. Then we started stim drugs. Stupid me thought i'd fall first month with the help of the drugs. The worst thing is that the drugs replicate pregnancy. So you feel pregnant. Then af rocks up and you are devestated. So i have done 3 cycles like this and now the FS says IUI,is the way to go. So very nervous. my mind is racing with all the questions and worries. God knows whatever happened to just dtd when the moment takes you and getting pregnant. That seems too NORMAL!. Feeling like a lab rat. You get to a point though when you would do anything to try and at least get what you want. I truly hope you don't ever end up in my boat,and that you don't need a FS-but there is no shame if you do. So many girls just need a little push. A couple of months of tablets and then HEY PRESTO!And the counselling aspect can stop you from going crazy. I have tried homeopathics and chinese medicine. They were my first avenues before tablets actually.I live a wholistic lifestyle and putting synthetic stim drugs in my body totally goes against the grain. I worked with a naturaopath and kinesiologist and osteopath for 5 years. So we gave everything a go,together and independently. I really hope the herbs work for you and meditation can be very helpful to, so can yoga. there are plenty of options out there for you to try before seeing an expert. I hope though that through my negative experiences i can at least be of some help to others.Chin up chickens. We can reproduce!!!!!

Last edited by pollyanna; February 17th, 2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: pauline can't spell

And also too add my fs says that because of my age just with doing stim drugs and dtd i have like a 1 in 10 chance of pregnancy whereas with iui i have a 1 in 7. so i guess anyhting to up the stakes is good,but i agree pretty crappy statistics. But better than lotto.

Pollyanna - there is certainly no shame in seeking help from a FS! No way, i hope I didn't write that in the wrong way before!! I was just saying, it would be great to conceive without assisted help of course and that is what everyone plans to do hey but it doesnt always work out for some ppl like yourself.... & trust me, after 12mths of ttc and no pregnancy we will be off to see a FS aswell!!!

I'm sorry you go thru all this.... it's not fair. 1 in 7 chance is much better than 1 in 10 hey? Much better than lotto!!

btw - i tried the herbs last night and they aren't that bad actually!!! just taste like weird tasting chai or green tea! lol

Hmmmmmm,
    My post disappeared. I didnt take anything the wrong way Renstar. I just meant that hopefully you won't need to see a FS,but if you do then there is nothing to be ashamed about.Funny about the homeopathic tinctures. Some are tolerable,others need to be diluted into like 10mls of water and the shotted down with a nice drink to follow. Not looking foward to IUI,but i want this little baby so much.I'm not sure how long i'm prepared to go on like this with the iui, but i'm pretty sure that this is as far as i want to go with it. To weigh up the cost,the time missed off work and the emotional toll is a lengthy progress but i think i have made that decision without over analyzing. But i'm just as likely to change my mind too. Such a hard time for us all. I'm just very happy that i have a soft place to fall and many ears to listen to my heavy heart when i'm down.
    Last edited by pollyanna; February 17th, 2008 at 09:56 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12