Thread: Infection Help?!!!

Default Infection Help?!!!

Hello all again
    Long time no post! I hope all of you are well. Renstar, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss in November honey. I'm here if you would like to chat and catch up xxx
    Satya - congratulations on your pregnancy!! I'm so wrapped for you!!

We got sick of TTC - it sucked all the fun out of trying to conceive so we decided to give it a break especially since all my PCOS stuff happened etc (which still isn't conclusive). We've had HEAPS of fun and really put the zing back in our zang... right up until I got an UTI (ick!). I got a few different pre-menstrual symptoms last time and this time (eg really sensitive nipples in luteal phase, feeling dizzy/like i'm going to black out, feeling odd etc) which I've put down to (hopefully) my hormones righting themselves (I've also been to a naturopath/alternative healer person to help) BUT with my UTI, I was obviously peeing a lot. It was quite painful, but the pain went after a few days. It's now a fortnight later and I'm still peeing like there's no tomorrow. Is it possible for the infection to still be there without the pain? I nearly blacked out at work on Friday and got the shakes - I'm starting to worry that there's something really wrong...

Thanks guys and sorry for sounded like a hypochondriac, but I am actually having to get up more then once in the night to pee and I'm not drinking any more fluids then usual. Please help????

Have you had your urine tested again since the original infection...might be worth it. While you're at the drs get them to dipstick a preggy test for you too...you never know, frequent peeing is often the first sign...!

It does sound odd. I would consider seeing a Dr and giving them a sample for testing. If the infection progresses to you kidneys it can cause damage.

paradise lost Guest

Frequent weeing and dizzyness were early PG signs for me... Go to the doctor and have a talk about it with him. Make sure you get a PG test before taking any meds

Bx

Thanks for your advice guys - it would be pretty ironic if we conceived on the one month where we through caution to the wind and decided to revamp our sex life after nearly 2 years of TTC!!! Actually - it would be kind of nice because then our child would have been conceived in amidst love and passion not amidst basal thermometres! Sigh... probably just wishful thinking given that I had a UTI last month. Although, the light-headedness hasn't stopped (despite the fact that my partner reminded me "well you are blonde, Spuddle." Useful, huh?!! Lucky he's cute is all I have to say lol). I'll let you guys know and if you have any other advice, please let me know?