Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Old Wives Tales to help you conceive?

Anne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    A friend gave me a piece of polished rose quartz when I'd been TTC for a while - it's supposed to enhance fertility. I don't think it worked (or it took about a year to kick in ), but I was touched by the gesture all the same.
    It says the Rose Quartz is for restoring the balance to the emotions and hormones.
    The Moonstone was for the fertility. So maybe a moonstone might have worked better.
    I e-mailed her and asked her, and she said it is a combination of all the stones that make it work. Sounds good to me

It sounds lovely Anne ... I found that it was good to have things to have hope in ... I still have my piece of rose quartz and I'll never throw it out because it is still special to me. A lovely BB member also knitted me a pair of yellow booties which I'll also treasure as well.

Anne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cherie View Post
    It sounds lovely Anne ... I found that it was good to have things to have hope in ... I still have my piece of rose quartz and I'll never throw it out because it is still special to me. A lovely BB member also knitted me a pair of yellow booties which I'll also treasure as well.
    That is so sweet. Can i ask, what the Yellow booties? Are they like a good luck with TTC?
    All these things I never knew about. Have to cruise around on the forum more often

I think the yellow booties are an old wives tale ... you're supposed to keep them under your pillow for good TTC luck
    I kept one under my pillow and DH had the other one in his wallet!

Anne Guest

Wow.. Is there anyhting you think worked, or do you think it was natural conception without ll the little aids?

TTC4DH&ME Guest

Yellow booties are also noted in feng shui for fertility also!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne
    Wow.. Is there anyhting you think worked, or do you think it was natural conception without ll the little aids?
    Nothing that natural lol. IVF (unsuccessful), then IUI (intra-uterine insemination).

My mum brought me a rose quartz and smokey quartz bracelet to help me. I will also purchase a moonstone to keep with me. I even rubbed the fertility statue in Ripleys Believe it or not on the Gold Coast. Will try anything...

Your sister will probably appreciate the gesture that you are trying to help her out. I know that I love the support that I get from my mum and sister.

A friend of mine bnrought me a maori carved thing on a necklace that was blessed with a fertility blessing by a maori elder. I wear it all the time! And my SIL gave me an angel whcih I carry most of the timed in my pocket. I'm very touched that they thoght of it. And yes it's very personal, but she's your sister! If you can't buy her something personal then who can?

After reading your posts I have my Mum knitting me Yellow booties!!!
    I had already been wearing moonstone necklace and someone said the colour green means new life, So am trying anything! If someone said to fry eggs on your belly I probably would!!! lol

Default Yellow booties

I have read a thread soemwhere that said that yellow booties are good feng shui to help conceive.

I bought some , now what do I do with them? The local op shop, which also has new craft things had some. I live in a small town so told a fib - buying them for a friend who is having a baby, starting to collect things now

I placed mine underneath my Fertility Angel (a rose quartz angel figure) next to me on my bedside table. We conceived that month!

Hello, the OP SHOP is the way to go! We got some perfect little blue booties and I placed them in a little heart shaped dish, with an egg shaped chunk of labradorite (ie blue moonstone) on top of them. Conceived two months later which is record time for us!

good luck!!!!!!!!!!

I put one in DH's pillow case and one in mine. We fell pg first month we tried.

Good luck!

I did the same about 6 weeks ago... a yellow bootie inside DH's pillowcase and one inside mine. Keeping them present but not always in view i think was good to not think too much about it constantly. Once we get a BFP i'm planning to keep up the good karma by giving them to a TTC friend and hopefully it'll keep going .. we're hoping for a BFP this month!

Awww Fletch - I loved your post...
    I have a pair that were made by a very special BB friend for me. I put them under my pillow everynight. I have a moonstone in one and a rose quartz in the other. In the morning when I make the bed I put them on my bedside table. They remind me of the love and connectedness of us women in here, my beautiful family and the next little person (or persons!) that will be in our life...

oooh oooh oooh I need some booties. So do you buy them or have them made specially by someone?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast