Thread: Period and pregnant?

Default Period and pregnant?

Okay ladies weird things are happening here. My AF showed up as spotting on Friday night and then a regulare period on Saturday morning. I was devastated. Now I am confused. I have been charting for a few months now. My temperature didn't drop. It is now Sunday and it is at 97.5 (which is up a tenth from yesterday). my coverline is 97.05 so I am well above that still. I didn't even sleep with covers on last night to make sure it wasn't effecting how high my temp is. SO confused. My period showed up at just the right time 12DPO. It is too heavy for implantation bleed (i had that with my son.) Can I be miscarrying? Can I be pregnant? Or are my hormones just all screwy? Little help please ladies!

Barbara

Oh and I don't know if this makes a difference but I take baby aspirin every day. I have a problem with my MTHFR gene and my OB has me take the aspirin. I know it effects bleeding.

Barbara

Hi there
    I dont know anything about charting etc...however, I was really confused as I got my period when I would have been pregnant as I found out I was 8 weeks, when I had my period 6 weeks earlier....It was (appeared as) a regular period so was really confused too...so maybe you are?

I would do a HPT to be sure...*fingers crossed* I do hope you aren't m/c-ing though

good luck

Same thing happened to me when I first started charting and came off the pill. I was waiting for AF to return after stopping the pill, about 4weeks later I was getting AF cramps followed by AF a week later. My AF was the same as when I was on the pill, lasted 3 days, but fairly light. 3 weeks later I was getting cramping again and thought I was close to O'ing, I was getting +ve OPK for a week and then did a HPT which was also +ve. During all this time I never had a clear thermal shift, it was always quite high. When I had BT it said I was 5-9 weeks along, I declined a dating scan, as I knew I was 7 weeks.
    I suggest a HPT, good luck.

Hi Barbara

I will give you my honest opinion - I would treat it like AF has arrived. Your body might be fighting a minor infection or something, hence the above normal temps for you.

I have been through m/c's - and personally if AF has arrived, I wouldn't test as I wouldn't want to know if it was a chemical pregnancy - just another negative thing to focus on when TTC.

However, if in another 1 - 2 weeks my boobies got sore, or I was feeling a bit off, I might do a HPT - but think about how you will react if negative.

As I said, purely my personal and honest opinion. I sincerely hope you get your BFP really soon :hugs:

All the best
    Sam

Thanks for the thoughts ladies. My temp dropped this morning. I actually feel alright with it. Maybe next month will be better.

Barbara