Thread: Semen leakage after intercourse

Dhea Guest

Red face Semen leakage after intercourse

Hi,

I noticed that semen flows out of my vagina immediately after BD, when my husband pulls out. It flows down my vagina. I am afraid that this might affect my chances of conceiving. Is this normal or are we not doing it the right way?

Hi,

This won't affect you from falling pg.
    It happens to me also and I've fallen pg 6 times.

Good luck with TTC.

Same with me, on this occasion I even went to the toilet afterwards!

Sounds about normal - it's very rare that I don't get some fall-out. To help keep it in a bit more my DH doesn't climb off me for about 5 mins (sorry if TMI) and by then it's sort of figured out where to go, although sperm is a bit stupid so still goes the wrong way.

Well, it's male, of course it won't ask directions LOL.

goldilocks Guest

The night we conceived I had no leakage whatsoever...and I was on top!!! :eek: Don't know how we pulled that off, I must have a vacuum hidden inside my cervix!

I'm sure a bit of leakage won't do any harm...after all, there are millions of the little swimmers and all you need is one to find that eggie

Love
    Goldilocks
    -xxxooo-

Leakage is normal but in terms of conceiving its apparently better if hubby's on top and as Emma said keep your lower half elevated afterwards for about 20 -30 mins. My DH has even taken to holding my legs up in the air cause he thinks that'll help the little men get to where they're supposed to be

Good luck with TTC

Quote Originally Posted by Ryn
    Well, it's male, of course it won't ask directions LOL.
    ROFL Ryn!

Dhea Try different positions to see which gives you the least leakage. That's what DH and I did and found that him taking me from behind (Sorry if TMI) worked best for us - in fact we had no leakage that way! But I knew in any other position there would be major leakage so I would lie very still (yes, DH used to laugh his head off at me) for about half an hour then make a dash to the bathroom to "clean up". Apparently you just need to give them 10 minutes to make there way to the goal post. The pillow under the bottom is also a common and popular method of trying to tame those ! Good luck with it all!

MG

To be perfectly honest, it won't matter WHAT you do after bding. If those swimmers are going to go where they're meant to, by the time you've even thought about what to do with your backside, they'll be well on their way.

Remember that the average ejaculate is only a matter of a couple of teaspoons of fluid. It only seems a lot when you're laying in the wet spot afterwards!

My January BFP cycle was LITERALLY a "grab it on the run" experience. DH and I weren't living together and the majority of our bding were *quickies* standing up in the bathroom so that the kids wouldn't catch us. It still did the trick!