Thread: Is sexual arousal a sign of ovulation?

Default Is sexual arousal a sign of ovulation?

I haven't seen this question asked, but then again, I could be wrong. I have googled this and they seem to be saying that is also a sign that ovulation is about to or is taking place. I am now confused. My OPK was positive Friday and Friday night about 8pm I had very painful mid cycle pain in the lower abdo, I assumed that I may have ovulated Friday night or Saturday morning. I have put it in as Saturday morning just in case. But today I still have a positive OPK (3 days later) And I read thats normal... but now I am sexually aroused (sorry girls) and I have read thats a sign of ovulation. So have I ovulated Friday when I suspected or am I ovulating now? And if I am ovulating now and not Friday will I still catch the egg if I have to wait till I get home tonight to BD? How long does it take the egg to travel? I just did the math too. If in fact I did ovulate Friday night as I expected, it means that its around 65 hours later that I am aroused. But I thought that the positive OPK meant that ovulation can occur up to 36 hours... yep I have put way too much thought into this haven't I?

Help

Ha ha ha! Well it does for me, and it's actually quite strong. Sad really when I'm not TTC anymore and my body is screaming "IMPREGNATE ME"!!!!

I have always been overly arroused at O time too..... Just check the ticker for all the kidlets its produced!!

Fire Fly Guest

Yep same here, im one for wanting to get it on around that time. Hence the 3 kiddies, Lol. Hubby never minded it at all.

I would say yes too

Are you sure the lower abdomen pain was O pain? (Perhaps the OPK wasn't accurate?)
    I know that since having Natty I've noticed EWCM (which I never really had before) and around that time I'm generally pretty frisky...
    Are you charting as well, or just using the OPKs?