Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should you buy baby stuff before being pregnant?

Myself, i probably wouldnt. Just because my tastes change all the time and new products come out all the time. Id rather wait until im actually pregnant to see whats out at that time.

Personally I wouldn't just in case of fertility issues, or it even just taking longer than you expected to fall preg. Seeing baby things may just get you down.

We have just started trying and ive already picked up 2 small clothing items for the next bub when i was at the shops the other day, but after talking to my mum im thinking maybe its bad luck... so i wont be getting anything else.

I'm terrible with buying things! We have been TTCing for what seems like forever and I have a second bedroom that has 5 80L underbed storage tubs that are almost full to bursting! One is full of little jumpers and things that I have knitted and sewn. One is full of purely baby related fabrics that I am yet to sew. One is full of toys, one has clothes that I have bought ranging in size from newborn to about 5 years and one has miscellaneous. And then the ones under our bed have... no wait - DH doesn't know about those ones! Mainly wool that I have bought - much of it already packaged up with the patterns that I am going to use.

I actually get the opposite reaction to what most have described. If I am ever really down about there not being a bub yet then I pull them out and visualise a time when I will actually be using them. It makes me happy. I also love that when MiL comes to stay she stays in that room and has no idea that supplies for that grandchild that she is pressuring so hard for are right there waiting!

DH jokingly calls my stash my "box of broken dreams" but he is always smiling when he says it and now even suggests items to put in there.

But, if you feel at all uncomfortable about it then don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12