Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying #5

Default TTC & Gender Swaying #5

This thread is for members who wish to discuss methods such as diet, intercourse timing and altering the vaginal environment in order to TTC a baby of a specific gender.
    There is an article on the Shettles Method here if you want to find out more about intercourse timing and positions to maximise your chances of concieving a specific gender. In order to use some of the swaying methods you will need to have an understanding of charting your cycle. You can find an article about charting here or discuss it with others in our Charting Your Cycle Forum.
    If you're experiencing feelings of gender dissappointment there is a discussion about this topic here and an article about it here

Some diet information can be found in HERE

Some Studies HERE

The previous thread can be found here.
    Good Luck!!!

Thanks DG and Megs, and GL to you both this cycle. Charting is a great way to get an inside pic of whats going on.

Miklaoz, I wrote you a big post re: opks but my stupid laptop gobbled it up and spat it out... its not here for some reason. So, here some of the highlights... I found opks hard cos from what I understand it is not just about getting two lines its about one line gradually being darker than the other, whereas digitals ( i have heard) are just a yes or no reading as to Ov or not.

Also, and be prepared, this is going to get rough! ... have a question, anyone can jump in with an answer if they are game... If hypothetically speaking, a girl is only just observing her CM this cycle for the first time, and if she hypotheticaly got creamy CM unexpectantly, would it be possible it is not her CM but maybe her DHs 'leftovers' (i warned you) would his stuff seem like creamy CM by mistake to a girl who is hypotheticaly a bit clueless about these things.

Im just asking for a friend of a friend of course.

Glad you pg girls are feeling as well as can be expected. How exciting for you both to be sharing this great news with friends and family. That is so much fun!

It is said that semen looks more like EWCM not creamy! One of the girls in the 6+month thread also said to tell the difference between EWCM and semen is to put it in water and semen dissolves apparently and EWCM floats! There we go again a girl is stonger than a boy LOL!

Ha. Thanks for that Dannii. That old saying "you learn something new everyday" is very true when you hang around BB.

Anyone else have input??

I searched the chart galleries of FF and was amazed to see how many had O day with creamy CM and spotting. I had previously thought only Watery and EW would be possible at this time, and EW is very rare for me so I was a bit worried, but who knows!!!!!

Thank Miklaoz, I will have to start testing it each day, I have tried once so far it seems that I am a bit too alkaline, hence why I probably have 2 boys already.

Not looking forward to starting this girl diet, we are away on holiday for 2 weeks as of Friday so I think I will start it when we get back.

They generally say around 8 weeks before you intent to start TTC?

Re Douching I haven't really though about it too much I seemed to read more about douching for boys rather than girls. Is Lime what you are meant to use to try and bring you PH levels down?

Well my house is pretty quiet today, have 2 sick kids with high temps so not much sleep last night.

Hope eveyone else is having a nice weekend.

Meg

Quote Originally Posted by megs View Post
    Thank Miklaoz, I will have to start testing it each day, I have tried once so far it seems that I am a bit too alkaline, hence why I probably have 2 boys already.

Not looking forward to starting this girl diet, we are away on holiday for 2 weeks as of Friday so I think I will start it when we get back.

They generally say around 8 weeks before you intent to start TTC?

Re Douching I haven't really though about it too much I seemed to read more about douching for boys rather than girls. Is Lime what you are meant to use to try and bring you PH levels down?

Well my house is pretty quiet today, have 2 sick kids with high temps so not much sleep last night.

Hope eveyone else is having a nice weekend.

Meg
    Yes, i think iread that it take about 8 weeks for the diet to kick in. I did not do any diet for me, just tried to high alkaline myself I am not too worried if i have another girl.

I did read to use white vinegar (diltuted of course).

Sick kids .. that sucks.. I would rather be sick myself than them

xx
    Last edited by Miklaoz; February 19th, 2008 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miklaoz View Post
    Yes, i think iread that it take about 8 weeks for the dite to kick in. I did not do any diet for me, just tried to high alkaline myself I am not too worried if i have another girl.

took me 8 weeks to get close and then another two to get consistently into the zone and stay there. But i was very acidic to begin with.

Guess what!!!!! had .5 temp spike today so looks like I may have hatched an egg yesterday. Hope so. Lucky DH was here. So looks like I am back on the TWW again. Just waiting a couple days for FF to confirm it.

LUVMYGIRLS Guest

Smile TTC & Gender Swaying #5

I am new to this site and wanted to know if anyone is ttc a boy? I am at the tww with one week to go...anyone else in my boat?

Hi LUV

Nice to meet you.

I am currently 4dpo and hoping very much for a boy. I have 2 girls aged 10 and 7. How many girls do you have? We found lots of great info here to try for a boy, did you use many 'tricks' to aim for a bundle of blue?

I was in your boat but in sailed I was doing some fast thinking ideas from BB but never tried the diets for Boy. I am not too worried what i get

I am 10 weeks. We have one other member pg but waiting for Myson to climb aboard .... crossing fingers (not legs.. ooh is that too dirty for here....)

Have you had a look at previous threads for ideas?

Hi Ladies...

We are not TTC just yet but wanted to ask a quick question if i may?

We are going to sway for a boy #3 for us. What id like to know is:

How regular does your cycle have to be before even trying to sway and time it all right?

I spoke with my GP who put me on the pill to try pull the cycles back into line since the birth of my babies (who are under 11 months apart and both very much planned). I had planned to do 4 months worth, then 3 months off, then TTC....but so far the cycles are still 29-31 days. Im only the 2nd month now.

Hoping to begin TTC June/July

I wont be doing temps or anything like that....i wouldnt know how to or where to start. I have a program im hoping will help in getting our lil prince to go with our 2 princess girls!

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Miklaoz View Post
    waiting for Myson to climb aboard .... crossing fingers (not legs.. ooh is that too dirty for here....)
    Miklaoz...Is that the racing pg hormones kicking in, or what???

Kimbaz. Hi. There are many different approaches to gender swaying, that work in different ways. Just look around and find what is right for you. GL
    Last edited by myson; February 20th, 2008 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myson View Post
    Miklaoz...Is that the racing pg hormones kicking in, or what???

Kimbaz. Hi. There is a program which you may want to look at which has nothing to do with your cycle. It consists of taking supplements (only if you need to alter your ph) and BDing only on certain days each month, regardless of what is happening with your cycle.

I don't know, Not any hormones that my DH would be keen on. They seem to have gone..

Kimbaz, if you look further back into one of the threads there is a whole list of non temp way you could sway.

I had very messed up periods and i had to find out when i ovulated which was pretty easy after a few months (2) I then based in on dtd on the day of Ov and the one after. I also Alkalined my Ph levels (u may need PH strips that is all). I also check that Dh was Alkalined too.

But really take a look back at previous Gender swaying links and grab that info. The girls on here have been such a great help
    Last edited by Tanya; February 20th, 2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Remove link from quote

Hi Mikaloz - I hope your m/s is starting to ease now.

Hi Myson - looks like we are in the TWW together again. I am 4DPO too.

Hi Kimbaz, its great to see you in here - Im TTC a girl.

You dont need regular cycles to gender sway, however it makes it easier if you do. I havent been as regular as I was before having my DS 14 months ago, but Ive still been able to find my ovulation day. I started temping last month so I could do the timing thing, but my darling little DS decided to wake often during the first half of this cycle so I couldnt temp. I therefore had to rely on mucus observations and OPKs this month. Since you are TTC a little boy, you should wait until you get a +OPK and then BD like crazy. OPKs can be expensive but if you get them from Lullaby Conceptions they are much cheaper.

I hope this helps.

hi ladies!!! i dint come in here very often but have a question, we would love another girl but i feel funny about 'messing' with fate, i know this will sound very wierd but i have been told by a clariovoant i would have a boy and a girl, id love to gender sway towards a girl but scared about playing with 'what should be', i dont mind at all if we have a boy, just love another girl.

anyone help me

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    hi ladies!!! i dint come in here very often but have a question, we would love another girl but i feel funny about 'messing' with fate, i know this will sound very wierd but i have been told by a clariovoant i would have a boy and a girl, id love to gender sway towards a girl but scared about playing with 'what should be', i dont mind at all if we have a boy, just love another girl.

anyone help me
    I am on brain mush mode, (10 weeks BFP) I am not sure what your question is.. I think your asking should you or not.. Am i right? (gwad i am hopless.)

I went to a Clarvoyant a few years ago and she told me i would have all boys and be married to my ex..

Well not to be...... So take it with a garin of salt and do what is best for you. I guess if you did not want to mess too much you could just DTD on the nights beofre O.... That was your signalling to fate that you woiuld prefer a girl, but your ok with whatevercomes... As longs as it is pink (kidding the last bit.

When do you plan on trying? How exciting!

thanks miklaoz. you pretty much got what i was trying to say!! thanks again!!

Hi AJP. IMHO you make your destiny. But thats just me. I believe that YOU decide what YOU want in life and YOU make it happen. No sitting around letting others make decisions for you. And if that 'other info' you got is supposed to happen, well then I guess it just will happen no matter how hard you try to get what you want ... wont it...?? Go hard... thats my motto!

Miklaoz. I am 6DPO and only cos I overruled FF. My decision, due to freezing cold aircon and sleeping with mouth open (deviated septum from waterskiing crash). But I could be wrong... anyway, its doing my head in with all this waiting.

DG 6DPO now and counting... when are you testing? i am not even going to buy a test until 14DPO, cos if its in the house before that I will use it early. No SELF CONTROL when it comes to POAS.

wow. just reread my post... boy do i sound pushy and assertive today... thats not usually me. Hormones I suppose.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast