Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Week Wait - Need Some Company!

Smile Two Week Wait - Need Some Company!

Hi there,
    This is my first time posting. It's our first "real" cycle ttc. Had been on the pill for 10 years and my first cycle after was 65 days long!
    Used OPK this cycle and got a positive on CD23 so O'd on CD24.
    Now in my 6dpo and obsessing about all the little nigglings and symptoms that I think I might be having and really hoping for a BFP this month!
    Things we did this time:
    1. Used Pre-seed the week leading up to O and including O day
    2. Pillow under hips for atleast 30min after
    Keep thinking I am feeling twinges in my left ovary (side I o'd on) but maybe just imagining it! Other than that, not feeling much at all but don't want to get dissapointed too early!

If any of you are in your Two Week Wait post your symptoms or thoughts to help make the time go by faster!

I'm not in my TWW, but would just like to welcome you to BellyBelly and send some your way! Good luck

Hey Doza, welcome to BB

Why don't you come & join in with the TTC Buddy Group here.

Hi Doza, I'm currently 10 DPO and starting to have fits of imaginitis!! LOL I get nauseaus every month in PMT week and every time I'm convinced it' because I'm PG for sure. (This went on for 7 months last time until one month I was PG - and still feeling exactly the same)! LOL

We tried the Pre Seed for the first time this month but not sure if it'll be quite enough to push us over the line after all the champagne I drank and ovulating when DH and I were (literally) at opposite ends of the country!
    :-)

ttcno2 Guest

Hi Doza

This is my second time posting.

This is our 2nd "real" try at ttcing, we already have a 3yo

last month i was "SURE" i was preg, would have bet my life on it...lots of symptoms including:

sore breasts
    naseua
    sharp stitches/cramp
    certain "smell" from discharge (sorry if TMI) that i remember from last preg - id forgotten about it until i got it again..

anyway, long and short of it was that i was just waiting for HPTs to show up (had been doing one every day from 7dpo) but "knew" that i was preg. then on 12dpo, woke up in middle of night with bad period pain, all my other symptoms had disappeared and i "knew" that it hadnt worked out. sure enough AF came two days later.

now its possible that i had imagined all of my symptoms last time, but i dont think so..think i had a fertilisation but either no implantation or it just didnt last if you know what i mean...

anyway, on to this time round and i am MUCH more cautious, hesitant to read into anything...but to be honest, im pretty sure im preg again but too scared to say out loud in real life(nice to have forums like this huh!)in case im wrong...

but symptoms have again been same as above, except naseau slightly less and havent noticed the "smell" quite as much (again, sorry if TMI).

I'm 13DPO tomorrow. took a test sat - negative. took one this morning and negative to start with, but after hour or so, looked like there was an extremely extremely faint line - husband thinks im crazy - he cant see anything. so maybe im crazy.....if im wrong again, someone is seriously going to have to detain me in some kind of psychiatric ward..........

cant wait till tomorrow to test again
    good luck for your 2ww, it sucks badly doesnt it.
    if you want some more things to obsess about, go to the HPT/OPK forum bit, and look at the posts called "OPK as HPT??" and then you can go do an OPK test just to screw with your mind a bit more!!

Hi Doza,

Good luck with your TTW. I am in my third TTC cycle and AF is due today - I also keep thinking I am having symptoms - so want to go and do a test - have one in the cupboard - but will wait at least until tomorrow morning.

I thought I may have been pregnant last month - but was not - but felt I had all the symptoms - sore and really veiny boobs and feeling tired - but this time just had insomnia, been rather down plus a bit vague!

With all the Christmas parties coming up I wish I knew one way or the other.

I think we have bd at the right times, and I tried to stay horizontal for as long as possible each time - so will see.....

The one thing I think I will do this time is tell people earlier - I had miscarriage in June 04 and had told only one girlfriend - so this time I think I want a bit more support early - I will at least tell my mum!

Best of luck.

Also - what is pre-seed???

CICADA

Pre-seed is a sperm-friendly lubricant (acts like EWCM) that has some special plant sugar thingy in it that nourishes the sperm and keeps them going for longer. A few ladies on the boards have tried it (and maybe due to a coincidence) falling PG straightaway. If you google it you will find lots of info.

Also there is a thread here about it.

Hi ttcno2

I also think I had fertislisation and no implantation last month.

The smell is not TMI - I am noticing a similar thing at the moment....

But then - perhaps I am imagining it ....

Imagination is a powerful thing - and even worse in TTC!!

On the nicer side, DH and I discovered yesterday that we have a pretty little dove nesting with two little baby birds in our crepe murtle tree in the back garden - so although we may be reading too much into it, we decided that it was a good omen.....and if nothing else it is quite nice for Christmas.

Let's hope both our tests are positive tomorow!

CICADA

Thanks Marydean.

If my test is negative, perhaps I will get some as a Christmas/New Year present!

CICADA

TTCno2 - possibly you tested too early, there's a thread somewhere that says how most pg women don't actually get a result until 13-15 DPO. I for one didn't get my BFP with DD until 15 DPO.

The danger with checking the tests after time has elapsed is that sometimes the chemicals dry and leave an evaporation line. It's crazy-makin fishing them out of the bin to check again! Just do something nice (go to the movies, retail therapy, read a really good book) until a few days have gone and you can test again. That's what I try to do and goodness knows I'm the queen of obsession!

ETA: OMG about the doves, it's an OMEN for sure!!! Best of luck testing again!
    Last edited by AnyDream; December 11th, 2006 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Just read about the dove omen!!

Please let me know how your tests go - I'm excited for you all!

Thanks for your replies!

ttcno2: I laughed at the "husband thinks I'm crazy"! My husband won't even look at any more tests until it's an EXTREMELY dark line! HE got fed up with me showing him (what I'm sure now was evap lines) all the time and trying to convince him there's something there. Good luck and let me know how your test goes!

cicada: Good luck as well!

I'm glad there is a place for us to go to keep busy!
    I'm only 7dpo today and woke up thinking I'm definitely NOT pregnant. Considering I was SURE I was pregnant last month, maybe that's a good sign right now :-)

Hi girls,

Just wanted to wish you all luck and hoping a bfp waits for you at the end of your tww! This month I thought 'yes Im pg' then 'ph no im not i think af is coming'.. but i did get the bfp, so try not to read too much into your symptoms as you may be nicely suprised!

Wishing you all the very best...

TWWs are just awful...

Thankfully after my last one, I had my first BFP ever...

My symptoms during the TWW were:

• ++ tiredness
    • tender nipples
    • funny taste in my mouth
    • implantation spotting (think it was about DPO 8-10)
    • temperature rise
    • just feeling a bit "off"

Good luck!

Monnie - you + me = belly buddies (1 day apart!)

Yay LisaL

That'll be wonderful!

Smile

Cicada - Have you tested yet? How did it go?
    ttcn02 - Still waiting to hear about a darker line after your faint one! Fingers are crossed!
    Marydean - Have you tested yet? I'm living vicariously through all of you as I promised DH that I wouldn't test until atleast the end of the weekend (12dpo) so I'm holding out as much as long as I can

Also have been really bored at work this week so doesn't help pass the time quickly :neutral:

Good luck and looking forward to hearing how things go!

Hope your going well in your TWW, it can be frustrating. The tricks your mind can play on you sends me crazy sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast