Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Egg White As Sperm Friendly Lubricant

Default Using Egg White As Sperm Friendly Lubricant

Hi Girls,

As there has been a few suggestions about using real egg white lately, I was wondering who has used this (I know Lucy has) and how they did (TMI welcome!).

What are the risks, and how do I find out more info. I am not ready to try it just yet, I am still working on the O factor, I am using OPK this month.

Just thought it would be a worthwhile thread...

**Edited by BellyBelly - making this topic a sticky as it's a common question!***

I was going to say "Lucy has" but you already know that!

I haven't used them myself, but wanted to wish you the best of luck!!

GOOD LUCK!!

andrea8 Guest

Default Hi!

Hi! Mel,
    There is a TTC.com site that has the answers in the FAQ section.Also there are a zillion success stories with early pg symptoms there too alot of them have used real eggwhites.Also you can email Momma Kath she is very helpful.
    Andrea
    P.S. I forget the board I was on but a forty yr old woman used them and got pg! That really gave me hope.If this month is a bust I think I'll give it a try.

Guys,

The real egg white thing is widely debated........Toni Weshcler in her book Taking Control of Your Fertility recommends it, and I have read about it on other sites (mostly US sites).

I investigated it myself and asked a GP friend of mine her medical opinion, & also my OB. The both said pretty much the same thing: "There is no scientific proof, but as long as everything is scrupulously clean, & you minimise the risk of infection, it can't hurt to try".

Real egg whites replicate the same consistency as cervical mucus, and have a very neautral ph balance, which helps sperm get to the right place.

So, used in conjunction with charting/OPK's, so that you are maximising your BD timing with ovulation, egg whites MIGHT help in conception.

Below are some "instructions" that summarise what you need to do: always make sure that everything you use is scrupulously clean.

~ Take a fresh egg
    ~ Leave it out to allow it to get to room temp
    ~ Crack it open and separate the yolk from the white
    ~ Mix the egg white up a bit to "break it up" with a clean fork
    ~ Use a pippette or a mini baster to collect about 15ml of egg white
    ~ Insert into the vagina
    ~ BD straight away
    ~ Pray you don't get an infection
    ~ Wait 2 weeks and pray you get a BFP!

It goes without saying that you should check with your Dr if you are at all unsure of this method.

Is it common to get an infection :shock:

Sorry that line just freaked me out LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, no it's not common to get an infection, but becasue it is basically a foodstuff that you are putting up your hoohaa, then there is a possibility of infection, if you are not using clean implements or if you used a less than fresh egg...........

Ahhhh ok then Well that sounds not so bad

*hugs*
    Cailin

Hi,
    I have been TTC for 2 years and used egg white for a month a few cycles ago and got pg!! unfortunatley m/c a few weeks later. So I am a fan of egg white, But I did not insert it, we just used it as a lubricant basically so it was probably a complete coincidence that it worked.

So is the opinion that the egg white actually has magical conception properties, or is just a sperm friendly version of normal lubricant?

I do know that sperm friendly lubricants arestarting to get marketed.. dont know how available they are though.. I know ones called.. preseed... I remember seeing an ad on an american website.. (which means we prob dont have it in aus.. lol)

K

Both!

From my understanding, as a natural lubricant it is totally sperm friendly, & a lot cheaper than products such as pre-seed.

It also affects the ph balance of the cervial mucus, which can help some couples......I remember reading that in the US & UK they do "post-coital" tests which measures the ph balance of the semen and cervial mucus combned, and some womens CM simply kills of sperm straight away, wheras the egg white can neutralise this impact.

(Post-coital testing is not routinely done is Australia, but I sometimes wonder if maybe it should......it would maybe solve some peopels "unexplained fertility"? I imagine it is fairly undignified, but I'd have been happy to undertake the test to get some answers!)

HTH........

The post coital test was the first one Dr H did for me when I started seeing him. The results of the first test were inconclusive so he got us to repeat it.

Basically, you have sex and then the next morning, you go to the doctor who takes a speculum and removes a sample to look at under the microscope. It's pretty painless and it's good to know if your mucus and DH's sperm don't seem to agree. At least a course of treatment can then be plotted (this is the reason I'm having AI).

You're right, it does sound undignified but I think once you head down this road, you pretty much have to leave your dignity at the door. I've lost all of mine now and even I can't believe how little I care.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Cailin, no it's not common to get an infection, but becasue it is basically a foodstuff that you are putting up your hoohaa, then there is a possibility of infection, if you are not using clean implements or if you used a less than fresh egg...........
    LMHO at hoohaa, I had coffee coming out my nose!

Sam.....funnily enough when Kelly read that she MSN'd me straight away saying the same thing!

Hi Kirby,
    You can get Preseed here now, but at about $6 per BD, it is much more expensive than eggwhite.

Hey Mel - Dignity? Whats that???

Keen

$6 a BD is a bit steep! Does it come in sachets or something?

Sophie12 Guest

Default Re: Using Egg White As Sperm Friendly Lubricant

Oh No, I have just read this post and am now worried that the lubricant DH and I use may be the reason I am not getting pg? We use 'Wet Stuff'.

Hey Sophie,

To be honest, I think that as long as there are no sperm issues with DH and the lube you're using doesn't contain spermicide, it probably won't make a huge difference to whether or not you get pg. People get pg all the time using normal lubricants. Actually, with my 1st pg I think we were using the same lubricant as you and we didn't have any probs with the actual getting pg part of things.

However if you want to maximise your chances of getting pg and make sure that all those little swimmers are getting a fair go then you may want to look into using a more sperm friendly lubricant.

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast