Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bread Makers/Machines

Have you been to the bread shop at the Terrace shopping centre. They have all sorts of mixes and you can get small or large mixes.

N still makes her bread and I know a certain GS loves to chew on the crust when he can get his hands on it.

was there yesterday!!! they lent me the breadmaker to try! lovely people!!
    going to go and get some different mixes next week

I have one of their machines, must take it back as we don't eat enough bread to warrant one. We would eat a loaf a week & that's mainly me having toast for breaky.

They are really helpful so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Default Bread maker?

I bought a 2nd hand bread maker and I have found the bread becomes stale soooo quickly. What are some things I can try for normal bread like, wholemeal and white bread that will give my bread a softer texture and keep it fresher for longer?

i find the same tan, id say its due to lack of preservatives, not sure what the best way to store it would be, we have the same issues

I found the same thing. It goes stale very quickly without preservatives. I don't think you can do anything about it except adding preservs. The bread was nice but very heavy, almost like savory cake. That's why my bread maker is sitting in the shed collecting dust

We store ours in a plastic shopping bag (once it's cooled) so it's pretty airtight. And I make either a small loaf, usually 750g which gets us a sandwich each for one day, plus toast for the kids the next morning. I find it's so quick and easy to bake that I don't mind baking a loaf every day or so.

So that's my advice. A plastic shopping bag (twisted closed), and only make as much as you need for a day or so.

You are probably better off making smaller loaves (if you can in yours), so you use them up quicker. You can also slice and freeze to have as toast later. The bread is just not like the store bought stuff, for some of us though that is the appeal of them. I put on a loaf about 3 times a week here and don't mind if there is a bit leftover.

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

Default Bread maker??? anyone?

Just got given a breville bread maker by a friend, its basically new but shes moving overseas and couldnt take it with her.

Never made bread before....other than the banana variety! bought some bread mix cause my local super market didnt have all the individual items...ie bread improver etc. Made my first loaf....but its not that great. tastes 'not quite right' maybe im just not used to bread without all the additives?!

Anyone got one of these, is it worth me having a few more goes, maybe its the bread mix thats not that great, its the Laucke brand.

Would love to be able to make so yummy bread at home...any tips??

Did you measure the ingredients or weigh them? Measuring never worked for me, I weigh my water, mix and only measure the yeast (but double check it by glancing at the weight it adds too).

...where jumping on the bed is mandatory!

I think i added too much yeast as the book which came with the maker said one teaspoon and the bread mix packet said 1 1/2 teaspoons....so i put 1 1/4....proably should have just stuck with the instuction books recipe. but it wasnt just the apperance of the bread that was a bit wierd, it was very heavy is this normal for home made bread?

Just going to go through and read a few old posts here casue i havent had chance yet.

Default Breadmakers?

I'm looking into getting a bread maker as I am going through an average of a loaf of bread a day and my kids are only 3 and 1 so it's going to get more and more. It's costing me a fortune in bread. I've never really looked into one so once again I'm asking for your help.
    Do you have one, are they any good, what one do you have, which ones are terrible and must be avoided?
    Most importantly how is the bread? Does it last long?

TIA,
    Dan.

There's a thread on this. I'll add it to it.

Thanks rogue. Off to do some reading.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456