Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tupperware stack cooker?

mrsmac - have you got the white one? they changed the plastic for the new one. It only has 2 levels, but you could always buy a second 1.5L tray and make it 3 levels. I think the issue with 3 levels was that lots of microwaves were not large enough to fit it inside.

re rice, for just 1 cup you can do this:
    1 cup rice, 1 1/2 cups water for 6mins, give a stir then another 3 mins. Done.

Regardless of what you use to cook it, the type of rice will make a difference. Even within long grain white rice I hav found that different brands give different results. I always use riviana basmati rice now.

With brown rice, the grains can have differing water content which means you will not always get the same results even with the same brand, cooked the same way, you can get variation each time.

my microwave is 900 watts ...

dh cooked veges in the small one and potatoes in the large part tonight !!! its so much easier to do it in the SC less pots and pans with my ds hooning about !!

Hey!
    In the little book the lady gave us, I wanted to make the coconut rice - but I'm confused... (I can confuse the simplest things) Total mind blank today
    1.Place rice, water and coconut milk into 1.5l container. cook uncovered on high/100% for 5mins. Fork through. ( I understand this bit)
    2.Cover and stand while you prepare the rest of the stack... (huh? what rest of?)
    3.Stack, cover and cook as directed on the stack cover microwave times.
    4.Remove from stack and fork through. Add lime zest, restack. Allow to stand for 5mins before serving.

I just want to cook the rice. With only a 1.5l cooker anyway, how do I do it?

Do I just follow steps 1, 3 & 4?? (that is : step 1, cover and cook for 5mins, fork through cover and stand for another 5mins?) For the cover and stand (the last part) can I take it out of the cooker and cover and stand it in something else, so I can cook the rest of the meal??

This is for tonights dinner

Lea, how'd you do the vegies?

Now I'm getting confused!

I would put the rice etc in the small one - and at the same time I would have whatever else yo uare cooking - in the larger one - put them in small on top of large and cook away! You would probably add a min cooking time though so cook it ALL for 6mins -take out rice (small one) and stand it on your bench for 5-10 mins while it finishes cooking (put a plate or glad wrap over it)and put the lid on the the large one and contunue cooking whatever it is you are cooking in it.

OMG - does that make sense?
    AT ALL???

lol no. Well, yes, but..... I only have the middle section ie: I have a lid and a 1.5l bit.

OK, so the small one I am talking about IS the 1.5! So I'm thinking you probably need another 1.5 with the lid or to get the base of the stack cooker (it is possible to order just that piece- I can help with that if you like - or go back to who sold you the 1.5)

thanks heaps tho, ill go back to the girl, coz i was thinking of being a demonstrator anyway!
    Can you tell me why it explodes? I was trying to cook rice and it exploded through the microwave.

just out of curiosity, how much is another 1.5l stack?

At the moment they are going for 75.95

Quote Originally Posted by sconeonamission View Post
    Can you tell me why it explodes? I was trying to cook rice and it exploded through the microwave.
    Did you stop the cooking process and stir it at all?
    How much water and how much rice was in there, for how long?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12