Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any shorties out there??

Question Any shorties out there??

im 5 foot 2 and am just wondering if there are any other *ahem* shorter ladies out there (oops i mean vertically challenged)...

just wondering:

1. what do you weigh now and/or generally what size clothing? (this may be too personal - if so just don't answer)
    2. what is, in your opinion, your ultimate goal weight? (ie, for me i'd love to weigh 50kg but realise this is unrealistic)
    3. what would you be happy/content to weigh (or what size)? (ie your realistic goal weight or size)

just curious...!! am wondering if i am being unrealistic or expecting too much. (and wondering how many smaller girls are out there too!)

Im about 5ft 2" (havent measured myself in a while)
    A small size 6 and I would love to be a size 8 so I could get clothes that fit without having to shop at teenage shops

i am 165cm (dont knwo what that is in feet!!) and am big boned - my df laughs at how much bigger my bones are than his (maori blood in me).

any hoo, ATM i am 80 kgs and want to get down to 65, i would be very happy with that, even if it is above my "healthy weight range". A lil bit of weight, in my opimion, is sickness insurance!!!!

we are going to do the liver cleansing diet.....

Im 152 cms so im short aswell. My weight was 48-49KGS before I got PG and its now 52KGS. Im a size 6 now going into size 8 and was worried that I was under weight, went to see my GP and apparently my ideal weight for my height & age should be 52KGS. So I was abit under weight.

The most happiest ive been with my weight though was just after I had DD & I was a size 10..not sure how mucg I weighed. I have always been a size 6-8 so it didnt take me long to go back to my pre baby size.

Have you been to tp your GP? They have a chart that go on your height, age to determine what your ideal weight should be.

I'm 158 cms which is something weird like 5' 1.8
    I'm 52kgs and a size 8. I think my stomach is a bit pudgy but it's kinda just the shape of me. I would still like to lose a bit of weight off there then so maybe be 50kgs? That's a nice number.

I'm just under 5 2. I weigh about 55kg at the moment which is heavy for me. Pre-bubs I was about 50 kg which is where I'm comfortable. I've been 45 kg but I don't like it because I have no muscle or boob at that weight.
    DH bought me a treadmill for my birthday so I guess I'l need to haul myself up onto it if I want to get rid of that last 5 kg although I'm hoping that once I finish BF and my body isn't so efficient at turning my food to fat it will be easier to lose it. I know that my mother never lost the last of her pregnancy weight until after weaning so I'm hoping that I'll be the same.
    I've always been blessed with a fast metabolism so I've eaten everything I wanted and never put on weight. The downside is that I have no idea how to stick to a diet and I only excercise for fun and health and have no idea how to stick to an excercise plan to lose weight.

Emma - your DD has the same bday as me!!

I'm 5'2" as well and was weighing 57kg before I got pregnant (am currently 59.6). My ideal weight (when I'm not pregnant) is 52-55kg. I normally fit into a size 8 depends on the brand. Some of my pants are a 10, some of my tops are a 6.

1. what do you weigh now and/or generally what size clothing? (this may be too personal - if so just don't answer)
    Well Im 156cms, or 5'1 and weigh 65kgs, and thats with a jelly belly still and is way too big for me. I generally fit into a 12 - some things are a 14 because of my ginormous milky boobies.
    2. what is, in your opinion, your ultimate goal weight? (ie, for me i'd love to weigh 50kg but realise this is unrealistic)
    My ultimate that Id LOVE to be again (but will never be again) is around 52kgs, havent been that since I was 21
    3. what would you be happy/content to weigh (or what size)? (ie your realistic goal weight or size)
    Just started running again and Id like to get down to around 57-58, so around 7-8kgs.

Dont you hate being short- even 2 extra kgs makes me feel like its about 10kgs, I hate it!

wow - most of you are tiny.......

let's get one thing straight here - weight means nothing.....I have a friend who weighs less than me, is taller than me and she is bigger than me. She can't understand how she is size 16 and I am size 14 and I am a good 10 kilos heavier than her.

In the end, it is your size that counts - size 14 at 60 kilos or size 12 at 70 kilos.....mmmm....I know what I would choose.

1. I am 159cm or 5"2, weigh 84kilos and am size 14
    2. goal weight isn't important but I worked out on body fat vs muscle that to get down to around a healthy 25% body fat I would weigh somewhere around 68 kilos which is way more than the height charts which with my small to medium frame would have me around 57 klos....I would look anorexic and would have to lose heaps of muscle to get there
    3. happy to be size 10/12 - whatever weight that turns out to be - who cares!!

Hi there.
    I'm 5'2 or 5'3" -
    The lowest weight i have been was 60kg, sze 10-12.
    Pre-pg i was about 75kg and still a sz 12.
    Am currently 35 wks and almost 100kg .
    I would love to get back down to 68kg - that was my maintainable weight from when i was about 16-18. I used to fluctuate between a 10 and 12 at 60-68kg.

attention, rant following....

I have, ahem, *huge* boobs, that had roundabout growth every time i stopped and started on the pill. I'm now wishing i'd never taken it and all. My gigantathons of bbs used to make me need a top in 14 at least, and now with pg growth i'd need an 18 or 20. I'd swear at least ten percent of my body weight is literally, boobs. I barely looked pregnant at all until i was about 32 wks, because my tummy had to overtake my boobs. I see women that are 28wks and look more pregnant than me....! Yeah so anyway ill quite with the boob whinge. If only they didnt exist - with them its too painful to exercise, but i have to exercise to make them go away. Need to exercise to lose weight - bit of a one big catch 22. And unfortunately i don't have to cash for a private reduction as yet and want more babies so it's probably pointless...

I'm about 5' 2.5".

I think I'm around the 52-53kg mark, but not exactly sure. Fitting into sizes 8-10.

My ultimate goal weight is the same as my content weight... around 50kgs. The biggest thing for me, though, is being in good shape... which means getting rid of the flabby bits that I don't have when I'm doing reasonable exercise and eating well. Last time I was there, I was 50kg.

Like Dachlostar, I've been at 45kg before (most of my early 20s, following on from a bout of glandular fever) and I was too skinny. Didn't look healthy.

I am 160cm so approx 5' 2" and weigh about 56kg currently. Tell me where you girls shop cause i range in a size 12 usually LOL, can squeeze into a size 10.

I used to be 45kg for years before having kids, but i was all skin and bone back then and "anorexic" for age etc.

During school terms i walk an hour a day 5 days a week (15 mins there 15 mins back, twice a day) and can get myself down to 53/54 kg in that period. I put it all back on in the holidays though LOL.

I am happy where I am at the moment. Definitely don't want to put anymore on, and dont' want to drop any lower than 50.

Love

wow im surprised with how many tiny girls are out there (lucky ducks!!)

id love to be around 50kg, but have no expectation to actually get to that... realistically id be happy in the vicinity of 55kg, 52kg if im lucky...

at the moment im 63-64kg, but am trying to watch what i eat and exercise, but am hugely shocked at how much time it takes for any of the weight to come off... previously my weight could fluctuate by 2kg in any given day, and now the scales seem set on 63kg, i actually wondered if they were broken!!

im a size 12-14 at the moment but would be happy being around a size 10, and would be ecstatic to be a size 8. my tummy is a huge problem for me (which it never ever was before having my dd)... it is going down though, i have actually lost about 3cm from it but still have a long way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ashnant View Post
    And unfortunately i don't have to cash for a private reduction as yet and want more babies so it's probably pointless...
    I probably shouldn't say this... but a GF of mine had TWO reductions. After the first one, they grew back slightly larger than before (although, possibly she hadn't finished growing when she had the op), and they grew back to almost the same size after the second op too!

Yeah loqua ive heard of similar stories... i feel so out of proportion though.
    i think it's worth a try but at the same time im skeptical of the money id put into it and the diasppointment id feel if it all 'failed'... so to speak.

I know what you mean about the pill and boobs Ash!!!! It did the same thing to me. And yesterday they were looking bigger, I think they might be on another growth spurt...ahh...

I'm 155cm and around 77 kgs. I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant and I'm about a kilo or so lighter than I was when I fell pregnant. After my baby boy is born I'd like to get back to about 60-65 kgs.

I'm 5ft2 also! I'm small boned too, have always looked in proportion and not too thin, just small.

Before we tried to get pregnant, I was on the pill and would be somewhere between 47-49kg. When I came off and gave up alcohol, I dropped to 44 so I had to start eating more, and having a few wines (when not in the 2ww). So I was 45kg or so when I got pregnant, went up to 59kg at 41wks, then back to 48kg 10 days after the birth. Ridiculous, but I've always been like that, the weight tends to fall off a bit easily for my liking (not great when you get sick).

I'm happy to be anywhere from 45-50kg generally. I'm a bit 'softer' now than I used to be as I had bad SPD then a c section, so my exercise level isn't back to 'normal' yet. I have a rectus abdominus diastasis still so my waist is a bit larger than before. I'm generally a size 6, and still am, but the boobs don't fit my size 6 tops at present unless they are full of lycra. Limits the clothes I can wear as I used to wear quite fitted tops, and with the boobs 2 cup sizes larger on my little frame, they don't go in those shirts anymore!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast