Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone tried the CSIRO diet?

I agree Kelly, but there are heaps of trials etc sponsered by drug companies and that doesn't always put us off them? Unfortunatly there are very very few things out there that haven't had their integrity comprimised by who is sponsering it.

If you try it and lose weight, why not? And if you don't you can always stop.

The CSIRO diet says for lunch for eg. you need 100g of protein. I usually have egg or tuna, it doesn't have to be meat. I don't like to have too much ham as it is smoked and carcinogenic. Then again BBQ meat is said to be carcinogenic, so I think moderation is the key.

waiting4miracles Guest

Hi everybody,

I brought the 1st book about 4 weeks ago and just started today...=) I don't really feel any different just as yet but I am sure things will start to kick off in the days to come.

Anywho I will definitely keep you guys posted on my progress =)

Hi waiting4miracles,
    I felt really irritable when I started on the diet, and a bit headachy, from having less food than usual. I think it only took me a couple of days to adjust. Good on you for getting started, and good luck. Let us know how you get on.

P.S. it works out cheaper if you substitute some of the fresh herbs for dry ones, and use your usual veggies (other that potatoes), instead of some of the fancy ones in the book.

waiting4miracles Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sana View Post
    Hi waiting4miracles,
    I felt really irritable when I started on the diet, and a bit headachy, from having less food than usual. I think it only took me a couple of days to adjust. Good on you for getting started, and good luck. Let us know how you get on.

P.S. it works out cheaper if you substitute some of the fresh herbs for dry ones, and use your usual veggies (other that potatoes), instead of some of the fancy ones in the book.

Yes I felt like that yesterday, I was soOoOO HUNGRY at the end of the night and had a real bad headache- not because the food wasn't enough but because I didn't eat some of the stuff that I was suppose to eat e.g. yoghurt and all those dairy stuff - I am not a dairy person so it was a bit hard.

Anywho I read through the book again and decided that I WON'T be going by the day by day menus that it has set out - I will still use it for reference though. There's a page on the first book (p 22 I think) that gives you an idea of what you should eat in a day. From that I will implement my own menus and ensure that I stay within the guidelines of say how many grams of fruit can I eat, grams of protein and etc.

I dunno if any of you girls notice too but (and if I read it correctly) we can substitute one unit of wholemeal bread for say 1/3 of rice, 1/2 pasta or 150 grams of potatoes per day. I am doing that at the moment because after yesterday I wasn't feeling too good.

It could also be related to my excercise routine, my daily routine at the gym is 10 minutes walking at speed 6 k's, 20 minutes running at 8-9 k's, 20 minutes on the x trainer, 10 minutes on the stepper and some random weights, 60 x sit ups, 20 x push up's, 20 squats and 20 lunges -my body was so weak...I almost passed out..lolz.

Anyways I'd just finished lunch - heres what I had based on that guidelines on page 22 of the first book:

Breakfast

Mini mandarin (I was a bit naughty and did not have my breakfast - weetbix - this was a rush breakfast as I had to rush off to the gym)

Lunch

100 grams of lean beef
    20 grams of reduced fat cheese
    150 grams of potatoes
    half a cup of lettuce with random stuff e.g. carrots, onions, pickes
    1 teaspoon of extra light olive oil
    1 tablespoon of tomato sauce

When I pan cooked my beef, no oil was used. Once it was medium rare I transferred it to a conventional oven where I melted the cheese on top.

The potatoes I boiled it untill soft and than mashed it. I than made it into 2 small patties and pan fried it with the 1 teaspoon extra light olive oil. The salad that I made had no dressing in it. The tomato sauce I used to put flavour into my potatoes..lolz..

It was delicious...

Tonight, I will have my wholemeal slice of bread accompanion by roast beef and some steam veges.

I don't know whether this approach of mine will work...but only time will tell =)
    Last edited by waiting4miracles; June 27th, 2007 at 01:14 PM.

waiting4miracles Guest

The good thing about it though is that I have not craved or touched any sweets as yet...I am so proud of myself..lolz

Although the book did say diet soft drinks could be drank in moderation to put flavour into meals - I think I am going to stay away from it and stick with water..

Sounds like you are doing great, but I can imagine you'd be feeling flat after doing that work out with no breakfast. I'm feeling dizzy just thinking about it. I think picking out your favourite recipes, and substituting foods you don't like with foods that you do is the only way to go, otherwise you wouldn't stick at it. I remember one night I spent all this time cooking a batch of vegies that I knew I didn't like. That was just silly.

It says in the book that you can have low fat dairy snacks for dessert, so I sometimes get that chocolate mousse from the supermarket, that says 97% fat free. They are really yummy.

waiting4miracles Guest

OK LADIES......

I have good news...

I have been excercising everyday (except for saturday and sunday) last week and this week. Last week I stuck strictly to the CSIRO diet but than sidetracked on the weekends till today (though I was still watching what I ate) ANDDDDDDDD....I got my period backkkk....gosh I am so excited...kekekeke.

From last week to this week, I lost a total of 2kg...

I am so excited...time to go for our lives with the ttc...

Wow waiting4miracles, great news! You've done an amazing job. Good luck with ttc!

Let me know what your favourite recipes from the book are, as I haven't tried them all. We love the lamb burgers, but I'm not sure if that's book one, or two. Book one I think. Anyway, keep up the good work, and keep in touch.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345