Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the CSIRO diet?

Sounds like you girls are doing great.
    Sana - I've been wanting to try those bugrer things, they look really nice.
    Jaspen - 2.9kg is great - well done! I know what you mean about the hot weather, i tend to eat less when it's hot - except it's been like winter here the last week!
    I've been a bit naughty this week, it was my birthday so my parents took me out for dinner on Saturday night and then i took the day off work on Monday so DH took me out for lunch. I tried to pick healthy meals (was hard to resist my favourite snizt with mushroom sauce but i managed to do it - just lol) but i just couldn't keep away from those white bread rolls and roast potatoes! That on top of hardly any excercise i'll be surprised if i loose much at all this week. The only excercise i have managed this week is a short walk with the dogs on Wednesday night and managed to drag myself to the gym last night and am planning to get there again tonight if i can fight my way through all the traffic heading towards the U2 concert (my gym is around the corner from where it is being held).
    While i was writing out my shopping list for next week i noticed there is dinner there (can't remember what its called) but it says to have it with either wholegrain rice or polenta - I used the polenta to crumb the chops with last week but am finding it hard to imagine eating it as a "side dish" have either of you girls tried this one?

Boo you can definitely be excused for going out for your birthday. Good on you for not having the schnitzel . I made some kind of a pie/tart thingy once with polenta, and it wasn't that good. It was fine on the chops though, so I guess it depends what the recipe is. I tend to alter things like side serves eg. make a simple salad instead of the fancy one in the book. Polenta is a carb type thing I think, so you could maybe have a bit of bread instead??

I'm making the Italian Meatloaf tonight, so I'll let you know how I go with that one.

Thanks Susannah i might just stick to the rice
    I'd be interested to see what you think of the meatloaf - i wasn't too keen on the sound of it so i swapped it for something else!

The meatloaf turned out pretty good, but I couldn't put the pine nuts in due to my son's nut allergy. The pine nuts would have finished it off nicely. I have to admit, I was naughty and made mashed potato and gravy to go with it, because in my opinion, you have to have the gravy and mash with meatloaf. It was super filling.

How is everyone going with the diet? I managed to loose another kg last week, which was surprising considering i had done very little excercise. I'm finding the receipes are much easier to prepare than the first book, not as time consuming.

Sana - The meat loaf sounds good, i'll have to give it a try next time. Mmm i miss my mash pototoes lol

I'm doing quite well, really just trying to maintain the weight I am at. I'm going to make those lamb burgers again tonight, they were so nice. A friend told me that her husband made the cold rolls last night and they were really nice. Her husband was so proud of how they looked, he took a photo LOL.

Hi ladies,

I will be starting this diet on Monday as I need to lose the weight I have put on since my wedding and we are on a TTC break at the moment so I thought what a better time than now to get myself fit again. I have PCOS and since coming off the pill around 14 or so months ago I have stacked on the Kg (13 to be exact) I feel a bit disgusted in myself and I really need to do something about this before we start out IVF journey around May. How are you all going on it? Have you all continued on this and gone on to lose more weight?

spreckemily Guest

I have a copy of the first book in excellent condition if anybody would like it.....for free....you would just need to pay for postage from Tassie to wherever you are.
    Good luck girls with your weightloss.....you're an inspiration!!

oh wow, what's the postage likely to cost Rebecca?

spreckemily Guest

$8.80 pre paid parcel or $9.90 express post

I'll take it! Thanks so much Rebecca! I can't seem to pm you, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put an email address in a post. Are you able to pm me???

I have to admit, I lost 5kg on the CSIRO diet (which was my goal), but since then I've been slack and I've put 3kg back on. I need to get myself back on track. I borrowed book one from the library and really liked it. I have book two, so I think they will go well together.

spreckemily Guest

I have been having problems with people not being able to pm me. My email is [email protected]

The books yours!!

Rebecca, I've emailed you. Thanks so much .

Hey guys,

Finally started this - and i've lost 1.5kg in one week (without really trying), so i'm rapt!

Next week we are getting serious!!

The exercise is going great! We have a cross trainer, so i just jump on there for 15 mins, instead of the walk. I'm sure i burn more fat, its easier, i can do it any time is convienent etc...And it has a digital display so it really keeps me going, wanting to make it a certain distance etc! I have to buy a resistance tube thing, will go looking for it today.

Oh, the annoying thing was i left a 1/2 full glass of water next to my book, DS spilt it all over the back of it, and so all my back pages with the shopping list and a few other things are majorily stuck together! If anyone could do me a huge favour a photocopy me the last couple of pages it would be great.. otherwise i will have to try and hunt it down at the library.

Sana, when you have a chance, could you post a few of the recipes from book 1 that aren't in book 2 up here?

Hope you are all well...

Yael

Wow Yael, you've done an amazing job so far. I think you could hope for one kilo a week after the first one.

I'll post my fav recipes from book one when I get it. If I can get DH to teach me how to use our scanner, I might be able to copy the last couple of pages from book 2 for you. Last time I tried to scan something, it came out microscopic, so I'll be needing some help.

I'm not far off my goal weight, so I'm going to be using both books mainly as recipe books, and sticking to just snacking on fruit, yogurt, or a boiled egg in between meals. It's hard to not snack if you stray away from the high protein lunches, so I try to have a tuna, chicken or ham sandwich for lunch. DH loved a chicken salad for lunch, so I've got to start making those again. I've started jogging every second night when my younger son has gone to bed. The first few jogs were really hard, but now I am making progress, and I'm even enjoying it.

My main problem is I'm having trouble avoiding Heaven ice creams. They were on special last week, so what could I do? I had to buy some . I'll be steering clear this week though.

We are up to day 3 of Book 2 and have had some really nice meals so far. Haven't got the scales I ordered in the mail yet so we aren't exactly sure of our weight lol. Dh looked up the CSIRO website last night and you can print off the shopping lists for each week from the site.
    Does anyone have book 1 and could post the recipe for white fish fillets with lemon pepper rub (pg 125) please? Thats tonights meal in book 2 and we unfortunately don't own the first book.

How is everyone going on this?
    I lost 6kgs before Xmas, then a week before Xmas i was finding it too hard with all our Xmas celebrations etc so i decided to forget about it until the new year, unfortunaley the new year has been and gone and I'm still being bad, been eating way too much take away and junk! I've made a half hearted attempt to start back on it this week and i'm hoping to be back into the swing of things next week.
    MrsMac - i've got book one at home but it's probably too late for me to post the recipe for you - let me know if you need any others.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I was looking into this but was put off a little when I spoke to a personal trainer, who said that he doesn't take notice of it because it's been funded by one of the Australian Meat associations or something. I do love my meat though
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast