Thread: CSIRO health and wellbeing diet?

Default CSIRO health and wellbeing diet?

Has anyone done this? I bought the book the other day. I don't usually buy diet books but this one is aparently something you can use forever - you don't come off it once you lose weight, and its by the CSIRO so I trust it. I haven't started it yet, since the cooking it shared in my house, it would require co-operation from everyone. It's a fairly high protein diet, but it isn't restrictive - and the recipes look great.

Hey Baby Socks, just saw your post - I have both of these books and think they're terrific. I haven't followed the full daily/weekly plans properly (but I know I should) but I do cook the lunches and dinners from time to time and they are all pretty good. I have a few mates who have been on this and lost 7-10kg (some post babies) without a great deal of effort. You can even entertain with the recipes as they don't seem like "diet" food.

That's good to hear, Kaz. I bought the second book a few weeks ago, after much deliberation. My main concern was making sure that DH and I are getting enough of what we need (part of the pre-TTC plan). Am yet to start using it, though... haven't been in one place long enough.

I have both books...looking through them now for dinner inspiration! I did the diet a few years ago and lost 5kgs, but i quickly got sick of all the preperation that was involved with the meals. I have the books now for the recipie ideas..some of them are so yummy, and they don't feel like diet food. My fave is the lamb and spinach curry from number 1...so good. Good luck with your diet if you decide to try it, if not, enjoy the recipies anyway!