Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: General Health, Fitness & Wellbeing, April- October 2007

Default General Health, Fitness & Wellbeing, April- October 2007

Welcome to the General Health, Fitness and Well Being thread!
    Please feel free to use this thread to chat about your weight loss/fitness goals, sucesses etc.

If you have any troubles within this thread could you please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum, all emails or PM's are treated equally & in the strictest of confidence.

Ambah - [email protected] - Super Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected] - Moderator
    Shannon - [email protected] - Moderator

The February thread can be found HERE
    Last edited by Ambah; August 5th, 2007 at 08:14 AM.

If anyone would like their details updated/changed, just drop me a PM or an email.

hey guys, Im REALLY keen to get motivated after Junior's birth to lose this weight. Im hoping it will be easier as I have already lost and toned a lot since being pregnant!

Curves just opened up down the road and i was wondering if I am able to go there for the 30 min circuit whilst Im breastfeeding?

Dani,
    I'm calling in to mine on the way home from work...I'll ask them. I'm pretty sure it isnt an issue you may have to wait 6 weeks post delievery which I think is the usual. LOL but I'm sure you wont be able to tear yourself away from the gorgeous one till after then.
    Bec
    Hit a yucky plateau I'm stuck in the 80's not a bad place to be since I started in the hundies. But enough to drive me nuts

Hehe i know it will be tough! But i really dont want to get pregnant again until Im half the size I am now.

Yes i'll be having a c/s so Im sure I will have to wait atleast 6 weeks afterwards anyway

But what i love about the idea, is it is around the corner, and I only need 30 mins 3 times a week. And thats perfect for bonding time with dad

Do Curves have a creche ?

Bec, i hope you get over the plateau soon. Just keep on keeping on babe..you'll get there. I've got my official weigh in on Monday, so fingers crossed it's better than last week. So far it was 6.6kg in 3 weeks. I'm hoping to crack the 10kg mark, but i don't think i will...we'll wait and see. Did you get your 'cheese' sorted out?...lol

Hi Ladies,
    Sorry I havent been around much, been very very busy with uni this semester...

Have just had a quick catch up read and am SO impressed by the way you guys are going!!
    WTG Marg, Michelle, Odette, chrissy, Shan & Bec on your losses!! Sorry if I missed anyone
    And congrats to everyone else on the amazing efforts they have been putting in. Its all going to be so worth it in the end!
    We are at the end of the month now so its time to ask you all to send me your final weight details for the month of March, and your new starting weight for April. I need your new starting weight sent in to me by the 15th of the month if you wish to partake in the biggest loser challenge for April!
    (speaking of, who else is hooked? Its the only show I *have* to find the time to watch atm!)

Keep up the awesome work ladies!!

hi girls

not much weight lose this month for me i am now 73kg so only 1.1kg lose but at least its something, i have been working so hard at the gym too, so i think i might of hit the plateau too, i really want to get to 70kg, then concentrate on my goal of 65kg.......maybe all my fat has turned to muscle.....they say muscle weighs more done they.....come on girls help me out here

danni...welcome i was going to do curves near me, but they never had a creach so i had to join another gym, good luck with your upcoming birth and your weight lose goals afterwards.
    bec.......keep goiing mate, i have hit that mark too and i just keep telling myself it will happen, im just getting impatient.
    shan...you are doing a fantastic job, well done mate

BBL caity is screaming.......sorry

Hello to everyone - hope you are all travelling well and feeling slimmer!

Michelle - Curves don't have a creche and depending on the franchise most of them say no children allowed at all, as it is suppose to be "me" time for 30mins. However I have read on their forums that there are some places that do let mums bring along their babies, so it really depends on your local franchise.

Danni - not sure what they will say about going to Curves whilst breastfeeding. I think they defer to whatever your doctor recommends??? How good are you to be thinking about losing straight away! I feel exhausted thinking about it all, for you.

Shan - Hope you break the 10kgs mark!! That is my goal for the month of April (damn those easter eggs!!!!!)

Ambah - Just sent you an email with my piddly figures. I'm also addicted to the show and find time to watch or tape it.

Chrissy - yes muscle definitely weighs more! lol maybe you had too much water that day?

As for me, I only lost 1.8kgs for the month of March, but I am now up to 8.2kgs in total. I have been told by my FS this week to lose another 15kgs before we can continue with TTC as I need to have some surgery before going back on Clomid. So I'm feeling the pressure now to lose it quickly.

Thanks for the information about Curves Belinda. I'd only have a chance to go during the day so it means all three kids with me.
    I'll just have to stick to taking long walks.

Sorry for taking so long to get back it is the luxury of work that allows me to get on here abit more frequently. Ummm
    Re Curves mine doesnt allow children nor have a creche so it has to be a time that suits DH and me which is usually crappy times and curves have funny hours like NO Sundays which is the best day for me to get out of the house. LOL I still have issues doing a curcuit in a circle and having people looking at my flubber and especially the machines that are very similar to a gynies room
    Yeah Shan have decided to give the cheese a miss from my diet as I was getting addicted and eating more than I was allowed in a week without me knowing maybe I didnt want to know.Well done on your loss I have just seen your up to date weight loss you are doing so well...I'll let you tell everyone but I needed to say well done. I have only done 4 kilos this month but that is better than putting on 4 I say
    Hi to everyone and yes Amber I get very nasty if DH talks during my shows and if he yells out whats going on whilst I tend to DD I get nastier lol. Still cant figure out Laura can be a size 12 at the same weight as me...maybe in lycra
    Bec
    Bec

Hi girls, how are we all today....

Ambah - I love watching the Biggest Loser, and so does DH. I said to him last night that because you see them every night you don't really notice the weightloss, yet when they stand on the scales and it shows what they looked like at their first weigh in, you can really tell. And they look fantastic.

Chrissy - You'll get there babe. Maybe try mixing up your routine a bit, or change your eating habits around. Our bodies are amazing things and once they get used to something, it just becomes content, so if you try mixing things up a bit, it might get the weight loss going again. Good luck hun. Not too much left to go.

Belinda - Hahahaha at the Easter Eggs. There will be none of those for me this year. As for my 10kg mark, I didn't quite crack it, but i'll let you know at the end of this post what i did. Keep going hun. I know you can do it, and just think of that little bubba just waiting for you to get healthy so it can come it to your life. Sure is motivation for me!!!

Bec - Thanks babe, i'm stoked. It will be interesting how you go with your next weigh in by cutting out the cheese. I only have it once, maybe twice a week and i try to do it early in the week so if i do get any fluid retention, it can be gone by weigh in day. I'm so proud of you. You are doing so well, and you're right, a 4kg loss is better than a 4kg gain. Plus you lost HEAPS in the first 2 months, so maybe it's sorting itself out a bit and regulating your weight loss speed. Although personally, i do think it was to do with the cheese...lol.

Okay, well I jumped on the scales this morning thinking i would see a maybe 1-1.5kg dropp for the week and OMG...it was a 2.5kg drop. WooHoo. I was so excited. So for the month, well 4 weeks, i've lost a total of 9.2kg. I couldn't belive it. I'm so proud of myself, and what i'm doing isn't hard and i know that by the end of the year, well the start of November (my 30th birthday), I'm going to be at my goal weight. Mind you, the way i'm going i think i'll be finished the program by the end of September. How excited am I.

Good luck to everyone else. You are all doing so well, and together we're a force to be reckoned with....lol.

Well done Shan that's a great weight loss so far.

WTG Shan! 9.2kgs in a month is a fantastic effort!!!

Thanks girls...xxxx

Hi girls, haven't been in here for ages! I ended up being really slack last month so didn't loose much at all - in fact i only lost 1kg for the whole month!
    I'm surprised i didn't put on weight the way my diet has been the past week. Looking forward to having a better April!

I saw an ad for Curves yesterday and it really does look like something I CAN DO!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast