... 5678

thread: Duromine

Apr 2007
    gold coast

sushee: i did not take an offense to anythign you said. it is so hard when typing things because tone and expression cant be heard or seen.
    i do understand everythign you are saying. i do see others points too were they woudl really like just support while being on it. most people know the side effects and there are alot of people down on duromine so it is good to have a positive place to go. not sayin that there should be a place that is......... i dont know how to put this ummmmm making it so people that are considering going on to it see a thread and think wow these people r being encourgaged to take it so it will be good for me.
    when u said u had surgery did u mena the lap band?

for my BMI i should be loosing a lot more then the 30 odd kgs i want to loose but i am tryin to take it in steps. i have struggled all my life so yes when i do see someone sayin they want to loose under 10kgs i want to slap them lol. but in sayin that after being in this thread it has made me realise no matter how much someone needs to loose it is hard and we do not know each other that much to judge how much or how little people need to loose, but i will always feel ....annoyed when someone says they only want to loose alittle.

i go on and on to my DH about loosing weight and he says yeah i should loose 3kgs i am like grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr try gettin rid of over 30. he usually see's the look i give him and runs away hhahahahaha.

Jan 2008

Best of luck to the ladies on Duromine, so glad you have done your research on the product and being monitored well from your doc.

Mar 2009

I am hoping to start duromine on Thursday, I have an appointment with my doctor who has been monitoring my weight and medical condition for some months. I have a thyroid disease which I have suffered from for over 13 years. As a result of my medical condition I have gained weight and am unable to lose it. I resent being told to eat healthy meals and exercise regularly. I compete with Surf Life Saving Australia and am extremely fit. This year I won three medals at state level, but I need to lose 15-20kg.

Phentermine is indeed an amphetamine and as such is a controlled substance. It should only ever be used under strict medical supervision. Phentermine works by stimulating a neurotransmitter in the brain that stimulates the flight or fight response, which as a result reduces our hunger. It also stimulates the release of adrenaline which causes stored fat cells to break down.

Using Duromine as a responsible tool to aid weight loss in overweight and/or obese people does not mean you are, or will be, a speed addict. Just like you aren?t a heroin addict for being prescribed morphine after giving birth to a baby! As morphine and heroin are both opiates.

After suffering for so long with low energy levels due to my thyroid disease I can?t wait to experience a little extra energy in my day?. After all, I might end up feeling like a normal healthy person for a change. Maybe before everyone passes judgement next time they might want to consider what its like for some of us who suffer under 20+ extra kilos everyday.

Sep 2008
    Gladstone

im going to back on them to lose what i have to so we can start ivf
    sarah

SugarDust Guest

I've been on duromine for 2 weeks now and haven't noticed any weight loss! I'm not hungry have energy but it has been way to cold to get out and walk with Master L! I have 2 more weeks before i see my Dr for another check up!

Mar 2009

I have now been on Duromine for two days. No side effects as yet. I'm feeling pretty good actually and I'm not hungry.

Jun 2006
    In the middle of Pink and Blue!!!

Just an update, i have been off duromine for about 8 weeks now i have lost 2 more kilo's since being off duromine i feel great!!!! I was only on it for a month and it was the perfect kick start to my weight loss. Duromine is not for everyone and does not work for everyone, goodluck ladies and just remember to be careful

Take care

Apr 2007
    gold coast

i was on them for 3 months and lost 6kgs.
    i have been off for a week now and still have energy and dont feel like eating all the time.

Mar 2009

Well, today is day 7 and i've lost 3.5kg! I lost all of that in the first four days and the scales haven't changed much since then. Did anyone else have a large initial loss and then continuous slow losses or after the initial loss did you stop losing? I'm only on the 15mg dose at the moment.

Apr 2007
    gold coast

i had a big loss in the first few days. i noticed to it was alot of fluid that you loose straight off.

Mar 2009

I'm now on a 30mg dose and feeling much better. For the last week I have been exhausted by 3pm and unable to do anything but light exercise. I increased the dose today and feel fantastic! Completed a 45min cardio work out and still feel great! I hope I feel this good for the next few weeks.

Sep 2008
    Gladstone

hi
    well i'm back on the duromine 40mgs to lose the weight i have only been on them for 2 days now
    sarahxxxx

Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm

i've just been reading up on some old posts and there has been some real clashes.

I honestly don't care what people think on how i'm going to lose the weight. Everybody has right to use or not to use.

I've been on Duroming 15mg for the past 2 weeks and have lost 4.5kgs. I can fit back into some of my old clothes again. I just have another 5kgs to go. My last 5kgs just DO NOT move at all. I have been trying for almost a year in getting rid of it and it won't go. I hope this will help.

Just wanted to know, do you get hot flushes every now and then?

SugarDust Guest

I've given up on duromine! Nothing budged in my 1st month of using it so I gave up1 I really need to budge 25-30kgs for me to be really happy!

Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm

I think losing the next 5kgs will tell me if it works or not. I've been fasting too though (from sunrise to sunset (for religious purposes)), so that may an effect. I am usually hungry when my fast is over at about 6.15pm but i can only manage eating little amounts. Almost everybody gains weight during the month we fast as we eat at night and then sleep on it, but this time, i've lost weight.

I don't know why people say that it keeps you up all night, because it doesn't for me. It has just extended bedtim for another hour or two which i'm loving and so is DH as i usually hit the sack at about 9.30pm and Dh wasn't happy as we weren't spending much "us" time together once the kids were in bed.

I'm sorry it didn't work for you SD, did the dr say why? Can you increase the strength?

SugarDust Guest

we were going to up the dosage but I just couldn't afford it!

Sep 2008
    Gladstone

stardust how much do you pay for yours ?
    sarah

Dec 2006
    In the Angelic Realm

i just purchased mine in late August and i paid $94.30. I get some of it back from private health insurance, so its not too bad.

... 5678