Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Duromine

Sassy - good idea - cause i find that if u keep weighing ur self and if u put on any that kinda gets u down and less motivated! so wait a week or so between weighins and u will be extra surprised!

The Mod Team here at BellyBelly wish to make it clear that as a group, we do not condone the use of this medication. While we have left this thread open, as Duromine is a drug that is legally available on prescription here in Australia, we advise that, as with any potentially dangerous drug, it should only be used under the close supervision of a medical professional.

We would like to make all members aware that people with a history of cardiac problems, mental illness, previous substance abuse, people who are pregnant, or people who are breastfeeding, should not take this drug.

Side effects of this drug include: racing heart; high blood pressure; chest pain; CNS stimulation; headache; stomach upset incl constipation; dry mouth; altered taste; disturbances in the need to pass urine; rash; impotence; libido change; facial oedema; cardiac arrest, various forms of heart failure, stroke, angina, euphoria, psychosis, and hallucination.

People under the influence of duromine should not drive, or operate heavy machinery.

While we understand the pressure that many men and women feel to lose weight - both for social and emotional reasons, and to assist in maintaining good health - it is imperative that such weight loss take place as part of a safe and careful lifestyle plan.

I have been reading this thread and I just wanted to voice some of my concerns about what I have read. I don't think some of you who are taking it fully understand some of the consquences that can happen because of it. While you are taking this drug, which for all intents and purposes is a legalised amphetamine, you are not 100% in control of yourself. I wonder how this will impact on any of you in regards to being able to care for your children. Some of you have very young babies and I wonder if you thought as far ahead as what you would do if you were in a mind-altered state and alone with your children? I know you will all emphatically say that you would never put your children at risk, but you already have simply by taking it. Some of you are already experiencing side effects. I know some of you only plan to take it for a little while to kick start your weight loss, but Duromine is addictive and it may not be that easy to stop taking it without going through withdrawals like any other drug addict would. And the problem is that you wont realise that you are feeling any different in that regard.

I also ask if you think it is right that you drive a car while under the influence of duromine with your children in the car with you? Would you put your children into a car with a person who was on speed? These are some of the things that you really need to think about.

I noticed that some of you talk about not having energy to do things, and there seems to be some misinformed ideas. Duromine will give you energy for sure, but it isn't 'real' energy, it is you mind being altered by the drug into THINKING you have energy. Eating a healthy and balanced diet and exercising will give you energy that is longer lasting and healthier for you - as soon as you stop taking the duromine you will lose that 'energy' Duromine is not a bandaid solution, if you want your lives to change so you feel better and healthier it wont happen while you are taking it because you aren't addressing the real issues you have and what caused you to gain weight in the first place. I know it is a vicious cycle to be trapped in when you need to exercise to get energy, but can't exercise because you don't have the energy to start with.

I know some of you will take offence to the 'eat heathy' line as you have been told that over and over and it doesn't work - but nothing will work if you don't make the lifestyle changes to go with it. It is clear that some are taking it as a quick fix and something they know will work without putting hard work into it, but life simply isn't like that.

At the end of the day, you are adults and you will make your own decisions, but like I said, my only concern is for your children. Now that is not to say that I think any of you are bad parents and not doing the best for your children, because by wanting to lose weight and gain life that shows that you are, but taking Duromine is not something to be taken lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
    I also ask if you think it is right that you drive a car while under the influence of duromine with your children in the car with you? Would you put your children into a car with a person who was on speed? These are some of the things that you really need to think about.
    I agree with this. Also, my Dr told me that if you ae drug tested by a police officer there is a high chance that you will have a positive drug reading. If you are driving ALWAYS have a copy of your prescription in the car with you.

Schmickers and Trillian - as Mods i highly respect your thoughts, opinions and decisions made!
    I have learnt the hard way from taking Duromine, and its nothing i will be doing again thats for sure - i didnt take that decision lighty in the first place to take it - i had it for over a week before i took my first one, and even then i opened it up and emptied most of it out for the first few days.
    When i had my bad experience all i could do was worry about my bubba girl as i was home alone with her! She is my world, i went thru a hell of alot to get her, and would never do anything intentionaly to put her at risk!
    I realise my mistake now in taking Duromine, it certainly was not for me!
    However it works for some ppl - and as long as they are sensible about it and they know the risks involved than i guess its a case of what ever works best for them!

Thank you tho once again for ur input and thoughts on this thread!

hj: i am the same as u i didnt go into this lightly.
    i know bad things can happen on this but it can also help. i am being monitored very carefully. i liked being able to come in here and have support.
    I am not just using it as a band aid, i have been exercising alot. DH and i are making each other exercise most nights and i have changed my eating habits alot since taking it.
    the reason i started taking this was because i have been brought up in a family of very big eaters. this was a way to help train my body that i didnt need to eat big amounts. and to eat healthy to feel full.

Please don't think anyone on the mod/admin team is making any accusations or passing judgement. We simply want to make sure that everyone is well informed. When threads about drugs such as Duromine start, it is our responsibility to make sure that all the information is out there, so that if a problem arrises, along with medically professional advice a person can make the best decision for their health. I am sure there are plenty of people who have never had any ill effects from this drug, however it is important to note that there are ill effects for some people. And there are precautions one must take when using this drug.

hj: how do u feel after stopping the tabs? i ope everythign is going good.

had a bit of a downer yesterday but i have picked myself back up today and feel great.

jess: how r u going with everything?

Sassy - i feel quite good actually - i have finally been able to sleep -hehehe

Hi girls, i thought i would pop in on your conversation!
    I dont think any doctors in my area prescribe duromine.... how easy was it for you to get? do you have to be a certain weight or anything?

from what i have read it is meant of very overweight or obese ppl - i am not either, so not too sure why i got perscribed it!
    But dont regret trying it and certainly dont look down upon ppl for trying it aslong as if for weight loss!

Oh god no i would never judge anyone.
    I had heard about it and wanted to try it i am not extremly obese or anything i just want to lose another 10-15kg, i have been going to the gym but i want something to help me reach my goal!
    How much does it cost?

Harmony - Im so glad you have decided to stop taking it too!! YAY! Good luck on the rest of your weight loss journey...

rainbow: i asked my doc about it and she went through everything with me and i have to go see her every week for her to check everythign is ok. I have to do a food and exercise diary for her too so she can see i am not just tryin to use the tabs and keep up with my old habits. i have 35kgs to loose.
    it cost me $110 that is for 30 tabs but if u have private health cover u may be able to get some back. i am goign to see HCF on fri and see how much i get back so ill let u know after i have been.

I went to a kids birthday party on the weekend and i did pretty well compared to wat i am usually like. also i havnt been craving anything usually i can sit there and go insane wanting a certain food and i just cant stop myself but i havnt had any of that so it is good. i have been eating so healthy i have even suprised myself. i havnt been exercising much the last few days because i cant get my shoes on but in a few days it will be fine and look out lol.

i forgot to add today was my first weigh in and i lost 2.1kgs yay
    Last edited by sassy123; May 5th, 2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: weigh in

Just thought i would check in to see how ur all going and if u still on the duromine?

im still on them and going good.

Thats great news Sassy - so no side effects? any trouble sleeping? how much have u lost?

no side effects yet. i had trouble sleeping b4 i started the duromine so it hasnt made much dif. the only thing is i am not waking p feeling like crap from no sleep, i feel great lol.
    oh actually i do have one side effect major constipation. did anyone else get this. from abotu the 3rd day.
    my weigh in day is tuesday so i am only a week and a half on it. i have lost 2.1 so far.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast