Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating Anonymous

welcome BC and Mr Squidipa

I never knew that other people would feel the same as me. I hope this really does help everyone as much as it is helping me.

I know I am going to be using this thread as a way of putting my thoughts out there, and I know that you all wont judge me for the way I think about food. I hope everyone also feels safe enough to do the same. By voicing our fears we take the power away from the fear and return the power to us.

Cat - it seems you're on a winner here!

I managed to avoid the van again today - but only because a colleague baked a cake for morning tea. It was delicious and I had two slices - but it was a fruit one and I didn't eat anything else until lunchtime...

Didn't do so well on curbing carbs tonight.. bread, rice and a few pancakes - but on the upside, I didn't gorge on anything all day and stopped at a reasonable portion size.

I'll have a nice herbal tea shortly (instead of a milky drink) to finish off the night.

Welcome newbies and good luck to everyone who is fighting their addictions!

Hi, my name is Cat and I am addicted to eating. It has been only 2 days since I gave into my addiction.

We went to a quiz night on saturday night and the cheese platter was straight in front of me, so I just kept eating, but because I ate so much cheese my lactose intollerance kicked in and I have been feeling sick ever since. Serves me right!

Anyway, prior to my indulgence I weight myself and I am currently 78.1kg, so 1 kg down I also just met with my personal trainer and we have arranged a weekly training session starting soon where she will work on strengthening my joints and general fitness first. I need to do my measurements but that involves taking clothes off and I am too cold for that at the moment.

Hope everyone else is doing well on their weight loss journeys too

EErgghhh... I gave in today :P I fully intended to have salad for lunch, but was frozen solid at lunch and just needed something warm!! So I had noodles in a cup *sigh*

I also went to a meeting this afternoon where they had the scrummiest chocolate biscuits... so I ate 3

Tomorrow is a whole new day!

have started being hard on myself and have cut all the crap out of my eating completly and it is working wonders atm i am going for a good hour walk every day i take ds2 with me so i push the pram aswell and he really enjoys the walk while i get a good work out it is great it this is day 4 and i am feeling great my mind is so much clearer ihav emore energy and i am less grumpy

Well i walked all week last week, then just as i knew it when DP was off work i didnt want to walk so i slacked off and havent been for 3 days :-( Plus the horrendus act of trying to walk a dog and push a pram! Horrible, so ive been put off lol The sweets ive eaten this week are...... prb about 2 bottles of coke, lots of cordial, i made damper... is that bad 4 u? If it isnt it probobly is now because i had lots of butter and jam with it haha Other than that, ive been skipping meals all over the shop so not the best week lol

Hope everyone is doing well.

Well my weigh in today was at 67.8Kg, which is 2.3Kg down I have not behaved well today though. We ate out at the pub and then got KFC on the way home... But I did eat less that I normally would so that at least is a good thing. Back to normal eating habits tomorrow, so smaller serves and less snacks. for a good week.

well done on your weight loss that is great i ahve had a good week this week with a large loss

Well done mr squidipa! Well I weighed in this morning not expecting a big loss as I have had a pretty bad week. At least I know when I was being bad, I knew I was being bad and not justifying it. But I still had a little bit of a loss: 76.3kg, but 0.5kg is the rate I should be loosing it. And I have my first personal trainer appointment tomorrow wish me luck!

Cat, thanks for starting this thread. I'm sure it will be a helpful for many people.

I'm just jumping in to comment, since I've been doing some reading (and thinking) about the 12 step plan and how the principles apply to life in general as well as addictions specifically. I've also been listening to a lot of Wayne Dyer's recent audio books (since he studied the Tao te ching) and he also has a bit to say about it too. Essentially, the two main principles that drive the 12 step plan are spiritual connection, and giving to other people (ie meaningful connection with others). So the 'cure' for me (overeating, + other unhealthy behaviours in life) is all about CONNECTION - to my sense of meaning, to my spirituality, and to other people.

I started attending a cancer recovery group a couple of months ago, and every week we meditate (and are encouraged to begin a daily practice). The most amazing thing happened. When I meditated, my food cravings switched off. I have started to lose weight, just a small loss but steady nonetheless. At the same time, I stumbled across a book called Women, Food and God (by Geneen Roth). Oprah did a show with her, it was on the telly on wednesday this week. I highly highly recommend this book to everyone who struggles with weight and food addiction. It could literally change your life completely.

wow - thanks marydean, thanks for your input, I would really like to read that book. I know when I do yoga and my meditation it really reduces my food cravings. I also am using this to understand why I am craving food and it is for the comfort factor or tiredness rather than a need to eat. I think I have connected with a truth for my body as I am finding it easier every day to stop the cravings and when I do give in, I understand why it is.

Just finished my first PT session, feeling really good - stiff but good. I also did some gymnastics with the youth group last night so my shoulders are a bit sore from that as well. Feeling pretty good that things are going well.

I also read an article my mum gave me about 'good enough parenting' it is about mums & dads thinking that since their parenting isn't perfect then it isn't good enough. But at the end of the day we can't be perfect so we should focus on our parenting being good enough, not perfect. That is what I want to apply to my weight loss and health. I wont be perfect, I will make mistakes but as long as I am good enough, then I am happy

Hi guys. This is an interesting thread! I know myself I go up and down with my eating. This year DH, DS and I lived with my family for four months and I realised where I picked up so many bad habits from. There were lollies everywhere, cheese, food was the wind-down factor.
    I am a lot better when I am not there and my DH is great. But I do still use food as a reward. I let myself get too hungry and then wolf down lots of bad food, and when I am tired and should go to bed I convince myself I want to 'celebrate' by eating bad food. Anyway will be back later

I"m joining this thread.

My love (dependence) of food began years ago and no matter what, i can't shake it. I eat to feel better, i eat terribly when no-one else is around and I struggle to say no to food.

At the moment, I am at work and one of the guys brought cake in for morning tea. I can't stop thinking about it. I haven't had any, but it is taking all of my strength not to.

This is NOT normal!

As you can see from my sig, I've had 2 unsuccessful goes at IVF, so I've banned myself from anymore IVF until I can move some of this weight.

I've joined weight watchers online and have tried to ramp up my exercise.

I know I have a real problem, I just pray I have the guts to change myself.

I look forward to being a part of this thread!

Hi and welcome

I haven't been here for a while. Things have been up and down for me. I was good, then bad and then sick so my weight is at 76.4 atm.

I have been good and doing pt every week and trying to increase my incidental exercise everyday.

I'm still struggling to not eat bad foods and reduce my meal size. But it is so hard when all i want to do is drown my sorrows in a jar of nutella

Hope everyone is doing ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what i have been thinking about lately... I'm ready to do something about my weight / diet... I was going to do TF again, last time I lost 10kg in about 10 weeks.
    But it's been in the back of my mind that I need something else, something really long term & sustainable... I know what I'm doing wrong, I just can't help it. I seriously have a sugar addiction / food addiction / etc. If there's no chocolate in the house I get stressed. What if I need it? it's ALL emotional eating for me.

When I quit smoking, I was tired of being at the mercy of cigarettes. I feel the same way about food now

Cat how are you going?

I'm doing better. I still have days where the nutella is calling out pretty loudly and i can't ignore it but know that i understand my relationship with food better i dont beat my self up if i slip up. I accept the i will always struggle and just do my best.

The personal training rocks. I love the chats we have - she is a good friend of mine. And she has tailored my work outs around my injuries and weaknessess. I haven't lost too much weight, about 3kgs but i have noticed my muffin top is going and i dont feel so flabby anymore. I am also walking another 2 times a week and hope to do another cardio session as well as my body gets stronger.

Hope everone else is going ok too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My confession: 4 pieces of pizza when I had intended to only eat 2 last night.

My sucess: I listened to my body when I emotionally felt like buying myself a treat, but I wasn't actually hungry and walked away from the "healthy" nut bars in Woolies.

My goal this week:
    to cut out weetbix for breaky - its not low GI and just sets me up for a day of snacking.

What about everyone else?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast