Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How I lost 30kgs prior to PG and plan to do it again!!!

beck.o Guest

just a quickie.....i just threw off another kilo. hopefully by the end of the week ill lose another one. thatll be 4 kilos in 2 weeks. ewww!!!! thats 8 tubs of margarine.

beck

Thats awesome Beck! Well done! =D>

Ive lost 1kg too. Although havent had any exercise since last post (havent been able to - but will soon)...

Actually probably doesnt help that friends came over with burgers tonight... damn them!

Keen

spiddles Guest

Well done guys!!!! I am still too afraid to look at the scales and kinda had 2 glazed doughnuts for desssert as were on special at woolies and DH bought them home GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! But I have walked at least 45 mins on monday and wednsday and have been pretty good considering. Will weigh myself next week after a bit more walking!!

WTG Keen!! =D>

Argh... I havent made any effort yet... I dont know whats wrong with me!! Being stuck at home with Aidyn all day just makes me enjoy my food too much! The most excercise I have done is 2 or 3 20min treks down to Woolies per week. Please, please can someone come to brissy and give me a big kick up the backside to get me motivated & moving!?!!

spiddles Guest

I was the same too after christmas ambah too and now that I am back at work full time all I want to do is spend time with liam and when he is a sleep relax and then do the house work. I guess at least I am walking 4 days a week to pick him up from day care and walking home.

beck.o Guest

has anyone been watching that fat show with the two teams both trying different diets and excercise methods? one person lost 9kg in the first week. (but he was really big to start out) isnt that amazing! it would be interesting to see how much wieght you could lose if you got sent away for a few months to concentrate full time on wieght loss........but then there are children to watch and groceries and bills and visiting friends that bring damned burgers etc....

beck

Hey guys!

Just thought I'd join in a bit - am only trying to lose 5kg, although no matter how much you want to lose the process is the same for everyone.

Yes - I have been watching the show - I think it's great!! However, they are still making it tricky by making the contestants make healthy food choices by having tempting food! On Thursday night they were all disappointed because they only lost 1-2 kg, but it is actually only healthy to lose .5-1kg per week.

I admire you all for having a go! I'm only TTC so I don't have children to look after yet which makes it a lot easier to get out of the house!!!

Keep trying - you can all do it - it really is a mental thing - you've got to really want to do it!

Hi Krisvee, Like you I am TTC my first and would like to lose about 6kgs. I tell you what, having no kids to look after should make it easier to get my butt off the couch but it isn't which is rather silly of me!!

Somehow this week I have managed to lose 3kg, I havn't done anything particular but I suppose going back to work has probably stopped me from snacking all day like I tend to when I get bored at home. We are health freaks in our house but no matter what you eat, if you eat to much the body has to do something with it doesn't it!
    I am hoping that next week will be a good one for me to get back into the gym again. I hurt my knee a few weeks ago and that has been working a treat as my excuse why I can't go!! I'm hopeless.

Everyone here is doing really well though which is a good motivator! WTG Keen in particular!

beck.o Guest

my god cindyb. 3kg is amazing!
    i wieghed myself at the gym today and at 73.5kg ive lost 3.5kg. i want to get to 70kg in the next fortnight. whenever i want biscuits i just look at the disgusting 'before' shot my husband took of me 2 weeks ago. its a great motivator. (undies and bra)
    by the end of march ill look a bit more like the sexy little minx over to the left. at the moment i look like the girl that ate her!!

beck

Melinda Guest

Can I join in here too?

I started on a health kick on 9th January and in 1 week, which was yesterday, I had lost 2kg. But then I got on the scales today which showed I had lost closer to 3kg...bizarre!!

Anyway, I'm really happy with that as a start and it's a definite motivator! I've been putting in a huge effort!!!

Thanks Cindy! You are absolutely kicking butt yourself!!

I watched some of that show and was a bit dissappointed because was thinking its so unfair to be eliminating them from the show each week. They should stay on the show for the entire series and see who did the best overall at the end (perhaps based on a % of their weight rather than actual weight - as bigger folk got more weight to lose)

unfortunately I havent lost any more weight just yet, but I have slacked off a bit and have had a bit of rain which has kept me from going walking/running.

but will get back to it first sign of a rain free day (can hardly believe it is January with this crazy weather!)

Keep at it girls - together we will be losing a tonne of weight!

Keen

Well, thanks for the encouragement girls!! I tell you I need it.
    So far this week (yeah I know it's only Monday still) I have bee nto the gym every day! \/ Dp and I went yesturday morning and did weights and tonight we did a swim. I only swam 225 meters but its a start! My knee started bugging me, as it does. Dp swam 500m, the bastard just has to show me up doesn't he.
    Lets see though if i manage to keep it up all week. I think that thinking of all you guys making an effort will keep me on my toes.

Hope you all had a great day today!

Ok, well I havent done as well as you guys but I have been slightly motivated. In the past week I have walked to the grocery store (20min walk) 5 times, and ignored the bakery each time, LOL. I turned down alchohol for myself on the weekend cause of all of the kilojoules and am making a conscious effort to only eat something when hungry, instead of contantly grazing. I am planning on going for at least a 45min walk per day but couldnt put that into action yet cause it was raining. I'm not going to weigh myself for 2 weeks and just see how I go... its a start anyway I suppose...

Well done everyone else for all of their losses!!! =D>

Ooh Beck, you are a similar weight to me, I am 75kg... I would so love to be even 73.5 right now, LOL! My goal weight was supposed to be 60kg, but I will put it at 65kg for now, that is a bit more realistic and easier to reach for now.

I am with you Ambah.

Apparently a few guys commented on Andrews stomach today at work (was his first day back) He knew something was wrong when he didn't fit into his work pants and he has only been off 4wks LMAO.

Anyway 3 nights ago I decided I would try to do at least 5 sit ups a night followed by that action where you ride your bicycle in the air, followed by side leg lifts, I have kept it up for the whole 3 nights so far YAY. Not really out to loose anything just to tone iykwim.

Need to get into the walking as well, Andrew was going to head out tonight but my parents showed up, and he cracked at me cause I told him to take Kam

Love

HI girls, well I'm not doing as well the last couple days, I must be getting my period or (cross fingers) pregnant coz I am just picking at everything this week and one of the lost kilos has dound it's way home again!!! I have to get back into it tomorrow!!

I have to say astrolady that i am always amazed at how guys pick on eachother about weight. Us girls would never be so rude! My partners weight flucutates and mostly in his face too so he can't hide it really but the gus at his work, who are meant to be friends, always mentions it to him and give him a ribbing for it. I just don't think thats very nice at all though.
    Sorry for such a long post!!
    I hope you are all doing well today and losing piles of weight

Havent actually lost anymore kgs, but was motivated enough to go for a 20min run with the pup today and also did a bit of gardening... so feel as though made some effort...

Actually also after a little bd'ing this afternoon, intend on some more later & thats considered similar to aerobic activity, isnt it? (Sorry if TMI 8-[ )

Keen

I'm pretty proud of myself, I have been on a 40 min walk today AND yesterday... so now just have to keep it up every day!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast