Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How I lost 30kgs prior to PG and plan to do it again!!!

spiddles Guest

Default How I lost 30kgs prior to PG and plan to do it again!!!

This time last year prior to Liam I was 83 kgs and got down to 53kgs. Wanted to look fanastic for my wedding day and did it all for myself and as you can see on Liam's website I have put it all back on again!!! When I was PG what I craved I ate and didnt exercise as much (my bad) Looked in the mirror this morning and thought its time to start again as REALLy unhappy with the way I look. Its not really a diet its just common sence. Thought I would share as it might help others: (excuse the spelling errors *lol*)
    Hoipefully this time next year I will look like that again!!

- For starters put a recent picture on the fridge to remind you of what you look like everytime you open the door
    - Subsitute all grocery items for low fat alternites (eg: milk, cheese, yoghurt)
    - Avoid magerine or butter. When making a sandwhich use mayo or low fat salad dressing
    - Drink lots of water. If just eaten and still feel hungry have a glass of water first to see if that satisfies. If not have something else.
    - Still have carbs but evoid during dinner. Have for lunch instead so have time to wear off.
    - Try to avoid eating 2 hours prior to bed.
    - If drinking alcohol. Drink red wine as helps motablisim
    - Treat yourself at least 1 -2 a week as if being strict on yourself all the time will probably cave to temption. When treating yourself dont feel guilty.
    - Try and walk at least 30 mins a day. (I try and do 1 and a half when I can) Make sure you try different routes eachtime and include hills.
    - Find someone you can walk with to keep you motovated.
    - When clothes start getting loose put them out of sight so you are not tempted to fit back into them.
    - Spoil yourself on a new outfit when you do drop a dress size or a haircut/facial to feel better about yourself.
    - When watching TV get out a gymball or weighs and exercise while you watch.

Think that is roughly it!!!! That was the secret to my sucess and hopefully may help a few more people achieve their goals!!!

spiddles Guest

Thats ok.... I frogot about that....sorry!!

spiddles Guest

Anyhows for those interested...There is a pic on liam's website of what I did get down to and plan to do it again!!

spiddles Guest

Week 1

Weighed in at:83kg
    Weigh now:81.5kgs

Well it has been a week since I started. I was sooo scared to look at the scales!!! *lol* but am extreamly happy with that. Last time I lost weight was loosing around a kg a week and once reached goal weight managed to stay there for 9 months b4 I became PG.

Have walked 5 out of 7 days for appox 1 to 1 and a half hours each time (DH came on 2 of those walks he use to come walking with me all the time last time I lost the weight and he actually said he missed doing it as we seem to get more quality time together and talk) and I was naughty one night and had half a el scorcho pizza on classic crust but with delight cheese *lol* Favorite snack ATM is corn thins with vegimite.

I will try and post in here every week and let you know how I am doing. It would be great to hear from others as well!!

Your starting off great Spiddles. Wow @ the big walks too I really want to get into that with the boys over the summer off a night. Just a nice long lesiurely walk with the family.

Goodluck with the coming weeks.

Love

Wow Spiddles, you are doing great!! WTG!!! =D>

I'm trying to get motivated by reading about what you're doing... I really, really should do it too, its the only way!! Just wish it wasnt so hot outside...

spiddles Guest

I have been going around 5:30 -6ish when it starts to cool down Ambah or about 8 in the morning (only go late in eveing with DH as scared to walk with Liam and I when its nearly dark) Usually I get ready, give Liam a feed and will go back take an extra bottle just in case. I am quite lucky because live near 2 huge parks and doesnt take long to get to main street of town with 2 major shopping centres plus a street full of cafe etc so got plenty to look at and keep you occupied along the way.

yeah isnt it so nice to get out with the family Astolady especially of a night when it cools down!

beck.o Guest

hi spiddles
    im going to lose 20kg over the next couple of months and its really inspirational to read your entries. ive started walking as well. half an hour before breakfast and another half an hour at about 6ish too. im also going to stop doing so much muscle work at the gym and do mostly cardio.(pls dont think im a full on wieght lifter....its more like im a massive slack ass that thinks wieghts are easier than cardio)
    please keep entering your progress and if you dont mind, can i keep you updated with mine? (as it will help me alot)
    20 kg just seems like such a massive amount to lose!

beck

Spiddles - that is so inspiring. I am also needing to lose weight, although probably more around 10-12kgs and am finding it difficult. But the idea of us all doing this together and keeping track of what we are doing and how much we have lost, might be just the motivation we need. We should keep track of how each of us is doing in this thread - Great Idea!

Keep at it girls - WE CAN DO IT!

Keen

How are you going with it all spiddles. Haven't had a post for you in a while and have been meaning to ask !!

Love

spiddles Guest

Well girls I have been a bit slack and I think I put back on all the weight over Christmas *sigh*. Am too afraid to get on scales!!! but will start again this week. I go back to work on 10thj Jan and gonna miss my boy sooooooo much but will help with diet as will walk to his daycare after work and walk home in evenings.

Good Luck Everyone am sure we can all reach our Goals and everyone feel free to to post how you are going. We need all the insperation we can get!!!

Sal Guest

Spiddles, I hope you get back on track - I found your story inspiring and am hoping some of it (inspiration, not weight O ) will rub off on me!!

I want to lose about 7 kg. I am being incredibly slack and am currently using my fertility treatment as some sort of excuse to eat and do zero exercise. I have just eaten a 200g bag of Maltesers and feel quite ill. This, after going shopping and buying lots of veggies seeing as I've forgotte what something healthy tasted like #-o

I'd love to be part of a thread where we share our successes and inspiration!

beck.o Guest

hi,
    ive lost 2 kilos in the last week from making some changes to my glutteny. YAY!

beck

Well I am yet to lose any weight, but have started on the healthy eating path and today went for a run with my puppy dog for about 25 minutes, so am feeling as though i am on the way. Will definitely post when I see any weight loss!

Keep it up girls, we will be fabulously healthy and gorgeous in no time \/

Keen

Woohoo Beck!! \/ That is great!!

Argh... I am not getting anywhere... I am still constantly 'grazing' throughout the day, and have only been on 2x 20min walks in the past week...
    I am *hoping* to go for an hours walk every day... that is if DP agrees to watch Aidyn for me. The area where I live is very hilly, and I dont fancy pushing a 15kg pram + a 12kg baby up those hills! Great excercise I know... but the thought of having to do all of that pushing completely de-motivates me. Maybe when I get a bit fitter...

Well I felt really good about my efforts today until friends of ours and their two children came over and decided to hang around for dinner & I only had enough chicken out for DH & I so everyone just decided to have pizza. I wasnt keen, but as soon as it got here, I couldnt help myself it was like meat being thrown into a shark pool - the pizza being the meat and me being the shark!

Anyway, hopefully that will be last slip up for a while and will try and make up for it with a run tomorrow... 8-[ . Although after today, around my house is ridiculously hilly as well (we live on the side of a mountain), I felt like I was going to burst, but I guess it will get better the more I do it [-o<

Keen

Well i pushed lachlan up a 1km hill today that just about went straight up, came home and had Hungry Jacks for tea LMAO 8-[. Andrew jumped on the scales and declared they were broken. I jumped on them and declared they were as well.

Kameron jumped on #-o maybe they are working after all LOL.

Love

ROFLMAO Kat!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt043

Jillian - God knows how you manage to push that pram at all, let alone up a hill!! That is over 45kg we are talking!! You must have some good biceps/triceps girl!!

LMAO Keen - IKWYM about 'meat being thrown into a shark pool'!!!

Well.... no walk for me this arvo, but I have an excuse, it was raining!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast