Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kate Morgan?

Default Kate Morgan?

Inspired by some other members who have stuck to some diet plans such as Tony Ferguson, I investigated sone of the newer ones.

I am pretty determined to lose about 30kg, and I know if i commit to a special program (rather than DIY!) then I will stick at it.

Anyway, I looked into Tony Ferguson but there is no chemist locally that does the program.

And I hit upon Kate Morgan instead. They run it at my local chemist where I know all the chemist ladies.......I figured this would be additional motivation NOT to give up too..........i want to be able to continue to use it as my local chemist without being embarassed that I gave up, LOL!

So, I started yesterday....weighed in, got measured, got the shakes, got all the info books.

I feel a bit inspired!

Is anyone else on Kate Morgan?

it sounds great Lucy. Its always a lot easier when its local for you. Good luck

I think I have heard of it but dont really know much about it. I might look it up on google though, I like reading up on things like that.

Do you know if they have a website? TF has a forum but they didn't tell me when I signed up, I found it by chance!

Well done Lucy! I've got a similar amount to go but I've been struggling with it for years now (and I'm only 25!).

Rach ........They do......Kate Morgan

Not sure about forums........I need to get round to registering online!

Ruth.....I have been overweight for as long as I can remember to be honest! I was lucky in as much as my 3 pregnancies haven't increased my weight......I was a big girl before, but at least I didn't get any bigger.

I did lose a fair amount after Charlie was boen (for our wedding and with the help of breastfeeding.....) but never managed to lose much after Lexie was born.....she didn't suck the weight of me like her brother did!

I guess it is just finally time for me.......

I thought it sounded familiar - theres a Kate Morgan Weighloss Centre about 5 minutes from me.
    I am really interested in you you find it Lucy, as I'm 30 minutes from my TF centre, and at the end of the month when my shakes run out I may seriously consider changing over depending how much I have still got left to lose.
    Last edited by Pandora; January 4th, 2008 at 02:30 PM.

I shall let you know how I go over the next few weeks.......I have a 2 week supply and am planning on waiting the 2 weeks before I get myself weighed in again......

If its a different composition of shakes/allowable foods (than TF) d'you think it may kickstart your loss for you again?

I dont think so, but any change in diet and exercise (healthy change that is) is good to break up the monotony!

The benefit for me is more that I wont have to travel 40 minutes into geelong for weighins and to get the shakes. I do love the girls at TF in Geelong, but with fuel at $1.40 a litre its still a big trip to make every week if I could havea similar program available 5 minutes away.

The shakes, thus far (Cappachino, Choc, Vanilla and Berry) have all been lovely.They are only shakes.....all 'sweet" flavours....no soups........

Anjay Guest

Hi Guys!
    I signed up for the Kate Morgan today.. so I havent tryed anything yet. I didnt get the booklets though! So I feel a bit lost.. Like what I can cant eat. Is it worth buying them?
    I am getting married in October and hope to loose about 15-20kgs. I would love to keep in contact with you while we are both starting!!

Angie.

Grace 2
    Sam 5 months

Angie, the books are a exy in as much as they are just pamphlets. But the Food Guide one would be worth getting as it tells you exactly what you are allowed and not allowed.

In a nutshell it is one shake at breakfast, one shake at lunch, then a heathy dinner with no carbs. Then you are allowed "snacks" from the list of allowable foods.

Have you checked Ebay? I noticed that the books come up on there for a bargain.......

Either way, very best of luck........

I've never done the "shake" thing. Do you really feel full Lucy? I don't eat heaps but I do tend to graze on bits and pieces all day though, and am wondering if I had the shakes whether I would still feel a bit peckish n between, although as you said there are approved snacks I guess. (Answered my own questions methinks )

LOL. In the first week I missed the HABIT of popping stuff in my mouth. Then I reckon your stomach expectation shrinks.

Instead of picking on crap all day, I actually really enjoy my snacks!

And now (3 weeks in) the shake does fill me up. I often mix it with fruit. And to be honest, a lot of my picking before was not from genuine hunger......so now I am actually noticing when I am truly hungry, then I eat allowable snacls.

It is not for everyone, for sure. But I have a lot to lose, and for me it is a good way of "kickstarting" out of a plateau, and it was a good way for me to get really motivated in the New Year. Itis prescriptive, but I know I need that.

It is not forever........just a few months, then I will review.

a lot of my picking before was not from genuine hunger......so now I am actually noticing when I am truly hungry, then I eat allowable snacls.
    That's exactly it when im at home all day its terrible, but now that Im going back to work it where I often miss lunch or have junky stuff for recess, I might look into it more. I checked the site and there isnt one near me but might check out TF or CS too.
    Thanks for the info!

Anjay Guest

Had my cappachino shake for brekky... Put it in my Magic Bullet blender with some ice. Can out all frothy and ok!
    I think I will get over it and buy the books... But I did look on ebay and there is some so Ill wait till the end of the auction.
    I just like the fact that your breakfast and lunch are planned and that there are snacks you can have inbetween. Like a structure to work around. I might have a salad with tuna stirred through it for dinner...

What are you having for dinner Lucy?

Dinner for us tonight is chicken breasts marinaded in lemon juice and herbs, which DH will BBQ with some BBQ'd tomatoes/mushrooms/capsicum etc.

For soem reason I find BBq'd food really satisfying.....no idea why!

Anjay Guest

bbq sounds good... mmmmmmmm potato salad NOT!

Its a mind set thing for me. I love carbs. I could quite cheerfully eat double, triple or quadruple serves carbs......pizza, pasta and chips AND garlic bread, LOL!

But despite being a carb addict, I am feeling SO MUCH better and more energetic for cutting the processed carbs out and for skipping the carbs out at night. Honest!
    Last edited by Lucy; January 25th, 2008 at 07:20 PM.

Anjay Guest

Hey!!!
    I had my first weigh in today and I thought I would have lost about a kg and i have lost 2 and a half!! YAY me!
    I bought some fiber powder that i will add to the shakes and some multi vitamins too.
    I feel renewed enthusiasm! YAY ME!

so 2 down 13 to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast