Thread: Low Gi Diet and walking groups

Default Low Gi Diet and walking groups

Is anyone on it? I am trying it atm, though its only been a couple of weeks. I was told to do this to help with weightloss when I have PCOS. Any success stories? Did it help fertility?

Just wondering if there is a walking group anyone does here or we could even set one up, esp when there is a few of us who are wanting to lose weight but just need a bit of motivation.

Hiya I am on the Low Gi diet and was hoping that more people would be!! But seems that no one is as your post was unanswered for a while. Hopefully you are doing well on it.

Me me me - I'm on a low GI diet - well it's more of a lifestyle plan - managed to minimise my pregnancy weight and am well on my way back to my pre pregnancy weight (and beyond, I hope).

I hear it's very good for PCOs. I've had no problems with PMT since I've adopted the low-GI way, whereas I used to be a raving hormonal maniac every month. Which tells me it does have a balancing effect on your hormones. I got pregnant in only 4 months this time despite being nearly 10 years older, so I'd say yes it does assist with fertility.

Sorry can't help with the walking group - sounds like a great idea tho!
    Last edited by AnyDream; January 7th, 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: 10 years older not 10 years old!

Hi, I was diagnosed with PCOS over twelve months ago, and put on a low GI diet, combined with walking and metformin over a few months i lost about 20kg. I concieved naturally in oct, but m/c in nov. I had been previously on clomid, but even though i had really good levels, did not conceive. I've since put on about 2kg, but am now back on my diet properly and walking again, hoping to loose about another 15kg, (unless i fall pregnant again). Can't help with the walking group, I'm in the Hunter Valley, NSW

My mum has lost 15kg on a low GI diet and has put her cholesterol and blood sugars back into the normal range. She was diabetic before. She's found it really good for her health not just the weight loss. Best of luck!

I eat a low GI diet because of bloods sugar problems

I found the BEST low GI rice in the health food section at coles and safeway, its delicious and now means I can eat ruce without feeling horrid!!