Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Years Body Challenge

Default New Years Body Challenge

I am looking forward to starting the New Year off with a bang and a plan to get into super fit shape

I have already been focussing on eating and cooking healthier and I have joined the gym.

I was wondering if anyone was interested in joining a New Years Body Challenge. I thought it would be great to make a goal for myself and have the support to see it through. We can check in each week and report on our losses and high/low points and help each other along?

I am completely inspired by a challenge at the gym where the lady who won that competition lost 10 kilos in 8 weeks and looked awesome for it!!

So is anyone interested...?

Jodie259 Guest

I would love to join you... but I don't think I will be physically or mentally ready by New Years.
    I had my 2nd ceasar two weeks ago....

And I feel like I've still got a million things I've got to do/organise before I can put 100% focus on my weightloss. I'm someone who needs to put a lot of time & effort into it - to get the results. And right now I've got a sleepless 18 month old - and a newborn... so I'm sleep deprived.

I turn 40 in February... and a couple of years ago, I had hoped to be at my "goal weight" by my 40th. I was doing really well... and was 3kg off my goal. Then I got pregnant, and 9 months after giving birth - I got pregnant again. So instead of being at goal weight - I will actually be my heaviest ever on my 40th

Maybe I can join your challenge - and do small things.... like cut out the crap food, walk, and small amounts of exercise. It won't give me dramatic results - but it will stop me from getting bigger... And when I am "ready" - I will really get serious about it all!!!

I don't want to spoil your fun, but I think there are already a thread like you can join. I know that you want a BODY-challange thread, but the Diet & Weightloss thread might be just what you are looking for we moan about everything there - AF, gym, food, bad food, good food, weight ect. Why not come and have a look and see if you will get the support you need there
    GOOD LUCK - it sounds like a good plan.

Sorry I thought I had checked the thread before I started this one and it was a bit slow. My mistake, there's lots of chatter in there

I was actually just trying to work out member interest in a Body Challenge like you said. (Sorry I just read my original post and it wasn't very clear!). It would be a properly run 6 week competition in addition to the weight loss thread.

I'd be in that Lea. I've lost a bit of focus lately and regained a couple of kilos.

Hmmm...might be another idea to try & keep me honest!!!!...

Would you base it on weight loss or size (ie cm, inch) lost?

or a combination of both?

I would prefer a combo of both..

but I would be keen!!!

Okay, a bit nervous, but sign me up for a 6 week body challenge! Argh! : )

I'd like to join, but if it included inches, not just kilos....

Yep I was definitely thinking about doing a combo.

I'm still trying to work out the best way to organize it. I don't want to put people off if they have to post figures and numbers each week that they're not comfortable.

Does anyone have any suggestions? We could include something like the following:

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Current Lost:

And then something similar for cms lost?

I was thinking of doing a weekly thread each week with everyone's details in the first post to keep us updated? 1st January is a Tuesday so weigh in's etc would fall on that day.

If you have any suggestions please post!! I've never done something like this before but I really want to put in the hard yards before uni starts back next year!

One thing we did at work Lea was have a noticeboard, but everyone had a pseudonym. Only the organiser knew who everyone was. As we already do the start / end weights, why not set goals for each person for the 8 weeks? EG - 8kg / 20cm and then count up to the total loss? Again, keeping a bit of mystery for it all.

Or asking Kelly nicely for a closed group for the competition

I'll join in I've been really bad over the last few months and have stuck at 66kilos. Would love to lose another 10.

Ohhh I love the idea of over all goals for the 8 weeks!!! I will check in about a closed group but I am not sure how it will work with the logistics of the site. Otherwise pseudonyms might work! I like the idea of keeping it a mystery!

Jodie259 Guest

I've organised a few weight loss challenges over the years.

A really "fair" way of doing it - is % loss.... like they do on Biggest loser.

Then someone who is bigger (thus more to lose) - is on even ground with someone who has 2-3kgs to lose.

I can give you some spreadsheets & a website link that I set up with loads of motivational articles... just pm or email me if you would like that info.

I think that you should set weekly goals. things like: drink 6-8 glasses of water each day. take min 3 walks... etc. Some people do that anyway... but some people (like me) don't do it at all. And to set it as a challenge - hopefully it becomes a habit.

i have done one of jodies weight loss challenges and throughly enjoyed it it was a reall challenge to keep me going but i did it and felt great afterwards ( only now i've put it all but 1kg back on ) so it is time to start again and i need all the encouragement i can get

count me in Nat

Jodie I would love that info!!!

I would love to run a comp that is beneficial to people!!

Glad to have you on board Shazz!!!

I'll join in. I have a few events I need to have lost weight for next year - 2 major ones are:
    1. chemical brothers are playing at future music - I want to wear raver gear
    2. ivf starts at the end of next year

Me too.... im in.... need a kick up the butt LOL....

I like the idea of mini goals each week too...

I would like to be a few kilos lighter by the time Lexy turns 2 in March... or at least a dress size or 2 smaller!!!!

wooohoo i'm all excited now when do we start

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast