Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SURESLIM

I'd be very careful with Sureslim. I googled it recently to see what it was about. I found one post on a forum from a guy who knew 5 people who were on it and they all had been given exactly the same plan....even though it's supposed to be individually tailored for you. The people were male and female, all different sizes and weights so there's no way they should've been given the same plan.

I also found lots of forum posts from people who had lost lots of weight on it but had put it all back on (and more) when they tried to get back to eating regular food. Lets face it how many of us want to spend months or years without eating bread. I read in several posts that bread is not allowed at all.

One poster put up a sample days food and said that this is pretty typical of what you eat day in day out. I for one know I would not last a week on a diet like this therefore my money would be completely wasted. Its very hard to keep on a diet that is not varied and that you don't enjoy.

Breakfast Yoghurt and fruit
    Lunch Mountain bread ham salad fruit
    Dinner Chicken stirfry

Personally I'd go for weight watchers as it includes every day foods in its plans and I believe it is much cheaper. I think you can even join up on the net. You learn healthy eating habits that you can use for the rest of your life and there are heaps of their ready made products on our supermarket shelves, fridges and freezers. I know heaps of people who've done ww and have kept their weight off for years.

I've done SureSlim and WW. WW is easier to incorporate into everyday living but with SS, I lost 7 kilos (only had about 10 to lose) and felt fantastic! So much energy and my skin looked amazing.

That was about 4 years ago and I try to follow the SS "philosophy" still by not snacking in between meals and not mixing proteins at meals. I've put back on 3 kilos.

It's more difficult now I am pregnant as I eat when I need to (banana at morning tea time and apple in the afternoons).

My mum went on it too and lost 10 kilos and our plans were only slightly different.

But it does work if you stick to it (like any diet/eating plan!) and the results are fast, more so than WW, but as soon as you go back to eating LOADS of carbs it can pile back on. I will have potato with my evening meal sometimes, or a sandwich for lunch so I don't exclude carbs altogether, they are too yummy!

With WW, I found there were more temptations and opportunities to "slip up".

Farmer's Wife - I'd be interested to know how the breastfeeding plan differs from the normal plan, more protein and dairy I suspect?

Is sureslim similar to Cohens Lifestyle? I know a few people who hae had excellent success losing and maintaining with cohens.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    Is sureslim similar to Cohens Lifestyle? I know a few people who hae had excellent success losing and maintaining with cohens.
    Yes rayray, they are pretty similar I believe.

*las* Guest

I started it 2 weeks ago and so far thrilled with the results.

I've lost 3.2kg's since starting, and that's with little exercise. Since Friday I've walked for 190 mins and done some at home walk aerobics, so will be interesting to see my weigh in this week.

I do find it hard not to snack, especially after doing a big walk.

disco Guest

Anyone still doing this diet??
    wanna chat?

disco Guest

I am starting to tomorrow.
    and not looking forward to...
    I know that is the wrong attitude..

would love some inspiration, and to chat to fellow ss

i would like to know more about such as costs and so on do you need to be near a clinic to do it we are 800 ks from one

who are you doing disco?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12