Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Chatter #2

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yup no more headaches just that really bad one day - I was a mess... woke up fine, feeling great and energetic!!

We've both lost 2kgs and its not been a week and I have been having extra protein (I am still doing 1-2 bf a day but also testing my milk for keytones and there are none so I am happy to stay on TF).

We're enjoying hot chocolates in the morning with no lumps!!! We put in 100ml cold, shake, then add hot water. I always make it go over 200ml to make up for the powder and also I like it a little thinner. We put our fibre in it too and I also highly recommend benefiber from the chemist!!! Dont know its there.

Been craving loaves of bread from bakers delight at times LOL but have found some sugarfree lollies which are nice, I have one only if I have a craving and it helps heaps. Apple flavour and so nice I would have them even off a diet.... anyways, lots to do this arvo but very happy so far and John looks great! He's in double digits now, 99kgs
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Nah some brand from the chemist I found which are sugar free - they are yummo!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Nevermind, today is a new day
    I always get nervous on weigh in day, and am too scared to drink much of my water before I get weighed at lunchtime!
    If my scales at home are reasonably accurate I shold lose though so fingers crossed.

UPDATE!! another 2.7kg gone this week, hooray! Off to update my weightloss ticker!
    Last edited by Pandora; August 3rd, 2007 at 02:06 PM.

I'm feeling really deflated. The TF people aren't happy about me being on TF while breastfeeding... even though he's 2.5 and only short infrequent feeds per day... and I have tested my breastmilk for keytones (negative) so I am at a loss at what to do. Feeling the pressure to modify my diet even more. Waaaaaaaaaaah its not fair... I just want to lose a few kilos
    Kelly xx

Yes, they are telling me they will not recommend it even after describing my situation. Now I feel like a mother who has no regard for my child's health So I drowned my sorrows with some Jarlsberg cheese tonight. Low carb but high fat...

Sorry to rain on your parade Rach, well done hon - a big congrats.
    Kelly xx

Oh sorry they didnt say that but the way some of the others were going on I just felt that way, iykwim? They were so insistent that even though it puts you into a mild ketosis, it still gives the child toxins, even though they measure 0 on the sticks So I think I may have to drop to one shake a day maybe (even though I reckon it would be eating better than missing breakfast like I usually do) and see how I go. Dunno how many carbs I am supposed to have ....
    Kelly xx

Yeah in the forums but I also asked staff.

I might look up recommended carbs for breastfeeding... and in Atkins apparently they suggest you do maintainance while on breastfeeding... just found that out so I will give it a go... its only 10kgs dammit!!! LOL!!!
    Kelly xx

I dont want to go through detox again, that was hell, seriously, I had a massive headache for a day, plus I was so nauseous I wanted to throw up, which was worse with every mouthful despite being hungry! For a whole day I was out of it... not again Not to scare everyone off it, not everyone has it this bad... I think my body had a sugar problem especially since I have more energy with reduced sugar intake.
    Kelly xx

yeah that sux. WW have a breastfeeding program? If John's going to use the shakes anyway, you could always give that a go..

Yep I reckon that they have to cover themesleves against any legal action someone would take.

Yeah thats what I said to them, just like you wont find any prescription drugs classed as safe for pregnancy, just in case...
    Kelly xx

Kelly, my SIL had her second baby late April, and started the TF early June.
    She did call them before she started in regards to BF, and they said they would let her do it, but weren't happy about it.

She did much tossing and turning, and decided to go ahead anyway - If it started to affect her milk, she was happy to stop.
    She's still going now, and baby Alex is by no means suffering... she is thriving.

SIL also found in the TF booklet at the bottom of one of the pages that for people wishing to do TF whilst lactating, this was fine, just to add an extra 500cal a day to make up for what you're burning BF. ( I looked through and found this too - but in my booklet its on the maintenance page... on hers, its in the first section. She was on TF before she fell pg with Alex, though, so her book is a little over 12 months old. They've obviously changed their views.)

SIL has decided to keep doing it - but isn't completely strict, and has been adding the calories accordingly... following more the maintenance plan, although she still has the 2 shakes a day.
    Since beginning in June, she's lost 9kgs.. thats great for someone not following it strictly, too.

Good Luck with what you decide to do - Such a bummer because you were off to a great start!

Whatever you decide - Don't feel like you're a terrible mother... OMG there could be worse situations than this one!!

Love Holly
    xxx

Time for a new thread everyone.

new thread time ladies

Love

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567