Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of my Plan?

Default WDYT of my Plan?

ive never been one for eating healthy and exercising so this is a big thing for me to consider a diet/excersise plan!! (see i cant even spell exercise right!!!)

pre preg i was 60 kg, went up to 72kg (on EDD), managed to get back down to 62 but it has all crept back on and now i am 69/70kg, id like to get back down to 62... i cannot bear with being a size 14!!

the last 6 months i havent excersised at all, apart from walking round the shopping centre, and my diet has consisted of fast food at least once a day (i know, shameful ) and snacking on chips, biscuits etc the rest of the time. i also drunk at least 3 cans of soft drink a day but it was coke zero (not good for me, i know, but better than full sugar coke, right??)

so here is my plan: it may seem pretty loose compared to many peoples idea of a diet but im trying not to shock my body too much!!

breakfast: before id have nothing or a can of coke zero, now i will have 2 pieces of wholemeal toast with vegemite or lite philly, and a glass of OJ (real unsweetened stuff)

morning snack: apple

lunch: before id have nothing, or chips/biscuits and coke zero, now i will have either a cheese and vegemite sandwich (or when my mums home she makes toasted turkish breads with avocado cheese and chicken breast) and a coke zero

arvo snack: yogo (they are 98% fat free!!) and an OJ

dinner : before would be 99% of the time takeaway, now mum cooks and its always a home cooked meal with some sort of meat, chicken, fish, pasta and vegies etc. not diet food but a filling nutritious meal iykwim...

dessert: used to have 2 bowls of icecream or a pack of timtams (oops!) now i will have a yogo or an apple....

excersise: im picking up a jogger pram 2nd hand tomoro and plan to go for brisk walks 4 times a week. (DD is at daycare twice a week and at her dads 2 days a week so aiming to go the rest of the time).

so i know it prob sounds pretty slack but this is like boot camp for me...what do you guys think? honest responses please...

sounds excellent. My only concern would be that you are cutting out all sweet things, which you are likely to crave and this might topple you off your plan. Make sure you let yourself have an occasional tim tam or freddo to minimise the cravings. Good luck

trav
    xx

im hoping the yogo fixes that!!

Just be careful of the hidden sugar in the low fat stuff - yogos are full of sugar.

Go for it, girl!! Baby steps, hey? I truly think it's best to start off small so you don't shock yourself, and work up to bigger and better things as you adjust Your plan sounds amazing to me!! Even just a hearty breakfast and some good home-cooked meals will make you feel fuller and better and reduce your desire to snack and eat junky stuff throughout the day, which in turn leads to quicker weight loss, more energy and therefore more desire to exercise... and it goes on and gets better!!
    Lol you know I'm sitting here shaking my head at you and your Crack Zero :P Aspartame is the tool of the devil! Coke Zero fully gives me chest pains and heart palpitations, I can't go near the stuff.. full sugar for me, I just drink less of it!

But altogether, I think your plan sounds really, really great for you - a very good starting base, and as you adjust to the new routines and habits you can build on them to get healthier as well as skinnier Like cutting out ;low-fat' or 'diet' things after a while because they're usually packed with sugar (I tend to stick with full-fat to avoid that, and just eat smaller portions/less frequently) Good luck!! You're gonna have to whip my [email protected] into shape, I'm starting to look pg again and have put on 4kgs
    Yew can dooo eeeet!

I hate low fat yoghurt. It makes me hungry. How evil can a tub of the full-fat stuff be? It is really tasty, has fruit in it, calcium yada yada, and it makes you feel so much more full than the diet stuff. They sell this incredible hand-packaged gourmet yoghurt ($5 a tub) at our local supermarket, it is quite sharp so you need to eat it slowly but extremely delicious and packed with real fruit (although I like the cappuccino flavour lol), so check out some of the other more expensive brands you'd normally gloss over - also gives you more of an incentive to not eat so much if it is expensive

There's plenty of really tasty sweet snacks you can have too. Fruit, mostly. Make sure there's always fresh or dried fruit around the house to snack on. Don't buy commercial fruit bars or meusli bars, they are loaded with all sorts of sugary crap. If you neeeeed a chocolate kick (eg, a timtam) just have one and eat it really slowly, one nibble at a time Or make your own hot chocolate from cocoa+sugar+hot water+milk (not straight milk, make it like tea or coffee with just a dash of milk), this'll come out much lower calorie than fizzy drinks or a commercial chocolate milk mix and you can add extra cocoa to make it taste richer.

I'm a seasoned snacker. You should see the shelf above my computer. Its a smorgasbord of dried fruit, nuts and homemade biscuits

Sounds like your on the right track babe.. your actually making me wanna write my own lil plan up been snaking and eating alot of crap lately and have put a couple of kilos grr. i look forward to hearing how u go with it

also tip- drink lots water too, somtimes the body tricks u into thinking ur hungry when u just need more fluids

BC - whats this water you sdpeak of? haha its pretty shameful, i can count on 1 hand the glasses of water ive had this year...

My suggestion is to do one thing at a time. Introduce a new step every three weeks (apparently it takes that long to become habit). I woudl start with introducing H2O into your daily diet (even if it's only a glass a day) and have a healthy breakfast (yoghurt is a good breakfast too - not yogo :P but proper full-fat yoghurt), then introduce the apple snack, then incoporate a better lunch, etc.

But I would aim to have the plan you've put together happening by October/November. Otherwise it will all seem a bit hard and when you DO have that packet of Tim Tams, don't think 'Oh - I've done it now, I've failed' - instead 'whoops! Get back on it tomorrow!'.

Good luck! xxx

Although I'd love to 'tweak' your new way of eating (sorry, I dislike the word 'diet') - compared to what you used to eat its a great start.

Any chance you could add 1.5 - 2 litres of water each day? It'll help flush your body ;-)

That's an awesome start. I totally agree with trying one or two things at a time and gradually building up with additional little changes. Two things, have you got some protein in every meal? Maybe something to aim for cause it will keep you fuller for longer. Plus, I find that when I just eat an apple, by itself for a snack, it actually ends up making me hungrier. There's something about apples on their own. I can eat one after a meal without a problem. Hopefully you're different but if you find them making you hungrier, you might need to change that snack.

I love coke zero too!

Good luck hun!

How about adding a small glass of water at every meal/snack? That way you are getting it regularly and its always at the same time so you don't forget?

Also, cutting down to one coke zero per day can be hard, start by cutting out one can at a time. I would allow myself 2 per day to start with and then aim for 1 after 2-3 weeks.

For breaky, how about some soy and linseed bread with fresh sliced tomato on top? This is super yummy and tons better than wholemeal and includes something fresh into your diet

I would try and avoid the yogo to be honest, how about a milo instead? This will give you more calcium and still a chocolate fix. Just because its fat free, doesn't mean its not full of sugar or sodium.

To be really honest, i think you are going to be hungry, and i would start looking at ways to beef this up a bit more, especially the snacks!

Also, i like the idea of doing it gradually, how about if you aim to follow the new diet, but reward yourself at the end of the week if you have stuck with it for at least 1 meal/snack per day + 1 exercise day. After the second week you can reward yourself if you are having 2 meals/snacks per day and 2 exercise sessions, etc. Just don't reward yourself with food that would be my downfall!

A few years ago I weaned myself of soft drinks by switching them with sparkling water. I was hooked on the fizzy feeling of soft drinks so switching to sparkling water gave me that fizz hit but without the sugar and crap that soft drinks have. Then I slowly replaced the sparkling water with regular water. I drink between 2-3 litres a day now. So maybe, switch your coke zero for sparkling water, see how you go with that.

Does coke zero have caffiene in it? If it does, if you cut that out cold turkey you are going to get MASSIVE caffiene withdrawal.

Sounds like a great start. I'm also starting today. I am addicted to sweet things so it is going to be hell for me to give them up.

I'd cut the OJ too. Although it has no added sugar it is packed with fructose especially as it is concentrated and not like eating one orange. Dilute it with water if you have to have it and definately aim to drink more water. Even if you add some lemon juice into sparkling water to start with. I find that filtering the water makes it taste better too so get yourself one of those filtering jugs and fill it in the morning and aim to finish it by the end of the day.

Good luck!

thanks so much for your quick reponses girls, ok so ive read thru and how does this sound:
    im still gonna have OJ with my breaky cause it really wakes me up for the day, i am gonna have a small glass of water (200ml) with each snack/meal (hopefully increase it but i hate the taste of water)

and have come up with a plan for scrapping the yogo... i was thinking of buying a milkshake blender/thingy, they are $50 and i could make a low fat milkshake with skim milk and low fat icecream? then im getting calcium too... WDYT?? i need something sweet in my day!

oh and also for snacks i love flavoured rice crackers!!! oh and as for the coke zero i am down to 1 can a day without any headaches!! yay

Congrats! I was heeeaps addicted to normal coke, would prob drink like 30 in 2 days!! Now im lucky if 1 600ml lasts me 2 days without going flat. Im smoking again (I know, I know) so im finding myself drinking more coke and flavoured drinks to get rid of the taste, do you smoke? Maybe each time you give your DD a drink of water, you have one too? Also when your eating, just a small glass, so its not too hard to finish? Soon you'll be finding that you'll be filling up that 1 glass of water again because your so thirsty and trust me, once you start drinking water the dehydration you will comes back with a vengence. I heard once that once your so dehydrated your body stops craving water becuase its trying to conserve energy? Dont know if thats true though haha Good luck!!

well without sounding like im boasting i am down to 65kg
    i have been walking with DD 3 times a week and am eating toast and juice for breaky, hardly ever have time for lunch naughty i know and a good home cooked healthy meal every night. ive cut down to 1 coke zero/pepsi max can a day and i had maccas the other day and felt so sick afterwards!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast