Thread: weight watchers and BF

Default weight watchers and BF

Hi girls - does anyone know how many points Weight Watchers suggests you have while BF? When I did WW years ago I was on 20 points and from memory you need 7-10 more points per day if BF, to be made up with calcium and iron-rich foods. Anyone have any ball park ideas?

I am on 30 points a day. I weight about 76 kgs and am about 168cm tall and am moderately active (eg have a bub to run after). I think it takes these things into account. And it also says the maximum you should lose while breastfeeding is 0.5kg a day (after the first couple of weeks.). Not sure how long after birth to start though. I have only just started at 7 months. Maybe leave it a while? I am sure you have enough of your plate and may very well find that just eating normally will reduce your weight. Especially during these early days.
    HTH.

Hi Krys - I think I will do just that for now 30 points is a good amount though!

most people I have heard are 26-30 points on the BF program Rory.

I'm on 30 points also. Not game to make my weight public, but my goal weight is about 20kgs away.

HTH
    Spring xx

Jodie259 Guest

Aurora...

I used to work at WW (as a helper) - and I have all the books here... including the Breastfeeding booklet.

Everyone's starting points is different - based on weight/age/height/activity...etc.

If you PM or email me - I can send you the quiz to calculate your points. This also takes into account if you are breastfeeding or not.

Jodie thanks for that - I actually googled it an found the quiz on a chat thread of all places! I am on 31 points - it is amazing how nuch food that is! What role do the helpers at WW play - did you used to take the weigh ins??

Jodie259 Guest

I worked there on/off for nearly 10 years, in various different locations.
    I was an "all rounder".
    I can do all the jobs - the weigher, the 'recorder' (ie: takes the money), the person who signs up new members...

If I ever got to goal weight - I was thinking about becoming a leader. But I never got there. I got very close ( a couple of kilos off) - a couple of years ago... then I fell pregnant. And like most women - I piled on the kg's... then struggled to get them off.

I had just returned to WW... after they asked me to come back and work for them... and within a month or so, I was pregnant again!

I'm "lucky" that I didn't pile on more weight - as I never got the chance to lose the excess from the first pregnancy. And running after a toddler and m/s has managed to maintain the weight that I was before I got pregnant for the 2nd time.

So now my challenge is to try to lose this extra weight. I think it will be hard with two kids under 2 years... but they certainly keep me active!

If you have any questions regarding WW - don't hesitate to ask me.

Glad that you found the quiz... just looking at the breastfeeding booklet the other things it says are:
    - increase your fluid intake - at least 8 glasses of water per day
    - increase dairy servings to at least 3 per day
    - eat more fruit & Veg - at least 8 servings per day
    - get 3 teaspoons of healthy oils each day for the vitamin E

Good luck with your weight loss.