Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Top 5 Cleaning Products

Gumption- use it for any tough spots and on the bath/shower
    Windex- for mirrors and windows
    Vanilla fridge wipe- use it on everything!
    White king wipes- for the toilet

I would love to use natural products, like bi carb soda, vinegar, etc... but have been too lazy to research them and try them!

NewmumLou Guest

1.Enjo floor mop
    2. Enjo chammy
    3. Lavender Disinfectant
    4. Marble Paste
    5. Dimestos

hey guys, can someone tell me whats so good about the dyson vac?

so youre saying its just the power that makes it good?

Thank goodness others mention Gumption. It is the worst best cleaner in my opinion. I wiped Gumption onto my Versace Doona and got perminent blue black hair dye out!!!!! It also removed nail polish off lacqured furniture. I use it on pots and pans and also in the bathroom.
    I have others but the others dont compare to my Gumption.

Ok well most enjo products I don't use anymore because I find it just isn't working (I probably need new cloths) in the meantime windex has become my best friend, and I've become obsessed with white king bathroom gel bleach. Its great for everything! Easy put it on come back rinse it off and everything is clean. I shined my sink with it and never have I seen it look so sparkly. I did my bathroom this morning and the grout is amazing as is the bath and no real elbow grease needed WOO LOL! Windex is great on soap scum which alot of products say they clean but often don't. So now I stink of bleach and my cat won't leave me alone but at least my house is clean I think I may have burnt my nasal passages though... oh well price to pay LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I have the same kettle Caro & I have to use white vinegar once weekly to keep the skum away... and the white floaters that come out through the filter.

My favourite cleaning product is Orange Power carpet and upholstery spot cleaner. It seems to remove anything from carpet and couches. We have also used it on our doona and bed to remove dog pee smell from them after a little accident.... actually it was quite a large accident. It's biodegradale and not tested on animals. Apparently you can also use it on walls, benches, metal and glass but I haven't tried that yet.... but now I've read the label I think I might.

For shower tiles domestos is the go. I've tried everything else over the years but domestos works the best. For the shower base and for the bath Ajax cream cleanser works wonders.

For toilets it has to be sparkle for toilets. It's in a can and the foam coats the bowl beautifully.

and for everything else..... Ajax Spray and Wipe Lavender and Citrus - cleans beautifully and leaves the house smelling lovely.

I've noticed all the comments about Dyson vaccuum cleaners. Can anyone tell me from personal experience if pet hair is OK with them. I have now blown up 3 vacs I think because of pet hair - the last one only lasted about 3 months.... all have been bagless or cyclonic ones. I want to buy a really good one but someone told me that they know someone who bought a Dyson and it blew up within a couple of months.

im so jealous of all you people with dyson vaccuum cleaners! i have wanted one for years, purely for the funky colours they come in!!!
    i too am a devotee of the chux magic erasers, i dont think dp and i would have got our bond back if i hadnt discovered them
    Good old faithfull jiff.
    i quite like the fresh scent of earth household spray.
    morning fresh aromatherapy variants my fave is green tea and lemongrass
    and last but not least febreeze, gets rid of the smell of dps relatives!!!

Mmmmm... I hate cleaning. But when I do, I want it to be as easy as possible.

1) My Wertheim Vac. I like it better than a dyson. It was more exxy, though, but works sooooo well on my carpets and rugs. Also great on pet hair. It has a bag, but I actually wanted a bagged one as I got sick of cleaning out the filters of bagless ones. So that's probably the reason for those vaccuum cleaners blowing up. Especially if you have lots of pet hair, you need to clean ALL the filters regularly and replace them once in a while.
    ETA: I just got the cyclonic adaptor thing (the clear catcher they use in showroom demonstrations to show how much dirt it sucks up). This way, bags last me A LOT longer and I love seeing how much dirt it removes from my carpet. It also seems to make the vaccuum even more powerful and extends the life of the filters.

2) Sabco or similar cloths. I don't really like the gloves, I'm more for cloths.

3) Sabco wet and dry mop. Love the dry part for quick in between sweeps of my cream coloured tiles that show up EVERYTHING. I would so love to replace them.

4) Orange Power - anything. I love the scent and they work well. Well, since becoming pregnant I've had an issue with the scent, but before I used to love it.

5) Vinegar. To get rid of smells, to shine windows, to clean kettles (I sometimes buy the kettle magic stuff and it is great, but I find that vinegar does the same job much cheaper), there are millions of other ways to use it. Mixed with bicarb soda it makes a frothy cleaner that works alright on shower floors.

6) My Ostrich Feather Duster from Flylady - it looks nice and dusts well. Now I just gotta use it...

I also use Jiff for my laundry tub, especially if DH has rinsed his paint brushes in there. And Cerapol for my ceramic cooktop. And Earth Choice dishwashing liquid, Omo Matic for my frontloader, Aldi brand dishwasher tablets.

Saša
    Last edited by sunshine_sieben; July 4th, 2009 at 09:05 PM.

1. Spray and wipe recipe I found on simple savings:
    1L Water
    200mL Vinegar
    40mL Detergent
    40mL Eucalyptus oil
    2Tblspns washing soda

Mix together and use on all surfaces. Works really well on stainless steel as well, and you can tip some in the bucket when mopping floors.
    2. Domestos, or there is an aussie equivalent but I can't remember the name of it.
    3. Euca laundry powder
    Thats all for now, but whats in gumption?

oh and sard wonder stick

I have to say that I have absolutely no brand loyalty when it comes to cleaning products I just buy what's on sale and use what's on hand. One thing I can't do without though is bicarb soda. I mix it with white vinegar to clean everything from clogged sinks to kitchen appliances and shower recesses.

1. Napisan
    2. Solvol (well, when I'm doing pottery or painting!)
    3. Dolly cloth (like a sponge, with a very small amount of steel wool on it)
    4. orange power carpet and upholstery spray
    5. paper towel

I keep meaning to try some of the various bicarb soda, vinegar, lemon, etc thingies which are apparently awesome, but I just have never made time to do it ... one day! It should prioritise it, as there's so much darned asthma in my family, and whether my kids do or don't have asthma, getting less chemicals into the house.

Now here's a blast from the past!

1. Baby wipes
    2. Harpic white and shine
    3. My hand held steamer with attachments
    4. Hairspray (for pen/texta/ink marks on almost any hard surface) and WD40 (for crayon/pencil marks) hold equal footing
    5. Hand held vac

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123