Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #5

Blizz, I hear you with the lack of motivation to do things around the house.. must have spread across the ditch because I too was having one of those days too.. although the cooking sounded wonderful

Gargy... 6mths nearly drove me crazy too.. hang on.. I think it succeeded!

Happy Mondays to everyone!! Can't believe it is sunday night already!!

my lazy day was spent meditating, with an afternoon nap and lots of reading, which is my idea of heaven! The cat would remind me of her importance by biting my toes every now and then... You shouldhave seen the both of them vying for DH's attention when he got home.. but then I was no better!!

Gargy, if you can take some more time off hun i think you should, there is no point in you returning to work to make the kids sick and then make yourself sick iykwim! it is a vicious circle of sickness and there is no way it should continue. i'm sure your boss would want you in the best of health so that the next snuffly kid that comes into class is less likely to make you take more time off. I am in the process of trying to talk DH into having tomorrow off with his sprained wrist just to give it 1 extra day coz if he overworks it it will mean more time off.

Well, went back to the GP again today - he said that I still have the bronchitis which is still fighting to be pneumonia.

However the good news is that the throat has recovered.

He wanted me to have the week off - I said can we try for Wednesday?

He doesn't want me going back when I feel exhausted - and honestly I still do.

Anyway, I have been emailing into work - might ring them tomorrow and let them know what's going on.

I'd say I probably will be taking LWOP - but as you said there is no reason to go in if I'm going to get reinfected/infect others.

I'm just really worried about the assessment tasks the kids should be doing - hopefully I can catch them up at the end of this term/beginning of next.

I honestly think I have been pushing myself since the move last November and my body has had enough.

Hopefully this should leave soon...

Blizz,

Just had a look at your gallery photos - the black and white one with you and Paige is truly beautiful!

Ali - just checked out yours - love the one on the 29th Dec with your two girls!

glad to hear your're looking after yourself Gargy, hope you'll be on the improve soon.
    I've just cooked myself the biggest plate of vegies even included baby spinach I am really bad at living of freezer food while DH is away but I figured I should really be eating more in the way of fresh fruit and vegies (had lamb cutletts too yummy)
    well I'm supposed to be at a staff meeting right now but I just couldn't do it Paige wasn't in the mood to hang at daycare for another hour longer than she had to(don't blame her really) so we did quick grocery shop and I cooked tea and now Paige is totally out for the night(I hope) in bed.I am figuring I won't be to far behind her either I think I'm going to need to see my GP as well as my ears just haven't unblocked and now that I've finished my prednisolone course I am starting to get a little wheezy again so I kind of know how you feel Gargy.

I left Paige with my niece on Saturday night I had to go to a hens night only for a couple of hours as my niece is only 13yrs and she had my two nephews 7 and 9 as well so on the proviso that she call me if in doubt (I was only 5 mins away) I nervously left returning 2 hours later after being able to take no more worry and as I walk in my nephew says to me "see this bottle it's spray candy... you know those really sour lollies you can get...well this is the juice from them and you spray it in you're mouth.....by the way Paige doesn't like it!!!!" with this he sprays it on to my daughter who like the trusting angel she is poked her tongue out while he sprayed the candy goo on it....I couldn't stop him fast enough.
    Poor paige she was walking around with her tongue hanging out of her mouth
    and he apparently had given her another couple of doses earlier in the night Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! no real harm done I guess but my poor baby.
    my niece did do a fantastic job with her she was in her pyjamies and had had her bottle and was watching hairspray on the couch with the kids, she just loves her cousin so much.

thanks for checking out my photos I'm a bit of a photo nut I usually hate photos of myself but I don't actually mind the black and white one a friend took them for me and now I've booked her for the same time each year.

how goes everybody else?

I didn't manage to muster much more enthusiasm on the weekend and Monday morning was really hard to get motivated for well only two more sleeps till DH gets home!!!!!

night all I'll try to hang around a little later another night I just seem so tired all the time.

Hey Blizz,

Sorry that you're not feeling so well.

Grrr to the nephew.

Get better soon...

Blizz.. love the photos (I've only just figured out how to get to the photos.. doh!!)... I agree on the Grr to the nephew..

Gargy.. hmmm yess... time off work.. I agree with your doctor 100% - you have to look after yourself.

Me, I'm just fine.. figured out that there is not a full week this month (we have a state ph next week).. yah!! Had a chat with a GF of mine who had her two girls naturally, and was loving and supportive re the IVF stuff.. just wish more people could be like that!..

yes.. well I know I'm suposed to be getting ready for bed... I will leave after this post as I still need to pack lunches and iron some clothes.
    Tarkine it is great to find people who will support your IVF journey without the judgement and often inappropriate comments.
    I find that most people who I end up telling about IVF are usually fascinated about the whole process and I hope I leave them a little more knowledgeable after I've talked to them.
    You do so need a supportive base to get through this process and I'm glad you've got a friend to help you with this
    talk to you soon love Allie.B

Thanks for the supportive words blizz... I'm thinking I might take a break from the forums for awhile.. nothing is happening and I'm feeling extremely frustrated that there is no investigations going on into whether I'm fertile or not.. just because my mum had me naturally when she was 43 doesn't mean that I'm ok.. and does that mean that she died when she was 71 - is that my life expectancy if you use the same logic?? If there is anything wrong, then we will have wasted nearly 3 years focusing on DH's issues... sorry not in a great mood at the moment.. quite jacked off with things at the mo...

good luck to you all and I'll be back when I've meditated a bit more...

Hi Tarkine,

Firstly , big

Secondly, although I know it's your decision, please have a rethink about leaving as we will definitely miss you.

I think I know where you are coming from - it's quite hard to be waiting around while others are moving on. However, as you know (unfortunately) LTTTC is like this - times of really intense pressure and then times of just waiting around.

However, it does sound like you are frustrated with the fact DH is getting all the attention. Again, I can relate. At some points you feel like waving a huge red flag and saying HELLO, THERE ARE TWO OF US IN THIS RELATIONSHIP!!! HOW ABOUT ME!!!

Is there anything you feel that they should be doing? If so, push for it. For example, I found out about the test to check your tubes were working on this site. The FS said nothing about it to me. I organised it though my gyn. Luckily they were fine, but what would have happened if this was the problem and I hadn't know about it.

Another example is counselling. Everyone was SO worried and concerned about DH. No-one seemed to be that interested in how I was coping. It was actually to the point that DH said to me 'I am sick of people thinking I am about to shatter because this has happened to me. I've had counselling, I've dealt with it. My anxiety is about other things.'

Whereas I had a complete meltdown and was about to leave him as I was so depressed. I had to pull myself out of that hole, with the help of my best friend. My depression was actually identified by my GP. Didn't do anything for it medication wise - just knowing there was a problem was enough.

One thing I've definitely learnt is to be your own advocate.

Ok - sorry if that was a lecture but I'm worried about you.

Please let me know what you decide...

Default Don't you dare leave us Tarkine!!!!!

I will be worried sick about you if you disappear for too long!!!!
    make sure you pop in at least occaisionally to let us know how you are.
    It is a really hard time you've been through and we do know how hard it is to even get as far as you have.
    I think we've all had a share of the depression either ourselves or our partners and unfortunately there aren't many people around who can truely sympathise with what you are going through at the moment but I like to think that this little group we've got going is the best start I've found for taking some control of my feelings at least being able to discuss our issues openly with out any fear of judgement has got to be a good thing.
    I really don't have any close friends that I would wish to tell every aspect of this IVF journey and I really appreciate being able to run my thoughts and feelings by you girls.

Hugs to both you Tarkine:hugs: and one for you as well Gargy:hugs:; depression is a scary beast and I thank my lucky stars that DH was open to counselling otherwise I think my story to this point would be a whole lot different
    love to you both and to all the strong women in this post, Allie.B xxx

thanks for the kind words... I'm not depressed.. I've been there and done that ..it's more of a frustration than anything else...Perhaps I'll go and see my GP who is lovely, and see what he thinks about the whole thing re testing... maybe there are some tests that he can arrange (without going thru the FS).

Lectures are welcome Gargy.. you girls have been thru much more than I have in regards to fertility issues....

I've typed a 100 paragraphs and deleted them.. I just don't know what to say next.. I will just take some time out and pop in here now and then and checkup on Darth Vader and her yeti hubby from Tassie and the rest of you wonderful folks..

gee thanks heaps for that kind description Tarkine!!!!! LOL
    It really is beginning to be more of a problem with the yetti legs DH will have a fit when he gets home tomorrow night so if you hear any yetti sightings in Tassie it's just me.
    At least I seem to have beaten the Darth Vader thing for a while (touch wood)
    Well I'm excited we are going to Hobart on the Easter weekend(provided DH's hols are approved) I am having two weeks off work and I am sooooooo hanging out for it (with easter hols I only have to take a week and a half of actual leave but end up with a full fortnight off) We are going to the Southern Roots festivale to see Keith Urban and John Foggerty play (not sure of the other bands at this point) We've decided just to turn up to the gate with Paige and see what they say as the baby sitter thing is a big issue for us in Hobart.
    I'll see if I can catch a glimpse of Nicoles PG belly, bet she won't look like the beached killer whale that I did with Paige LOL!!!
    love to all I'm officially kicking myself off again tonight as I still didn't get to bed until 11:30 last night I can't help myself and I really need more sleep.

lucky Paige woke for a bottle last night I looked at the alarm clock flashing 2:30am and thought "the powers gone off I wonder what time it is" and it was actually 4:30am lucky I set my phones alarm as the battery back up had obviously failed in the alarm clock yet again.
    any way we made it one more day closer to the weekend and DH home tomorrow night

New thread HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678