Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #5

I'm baa-aack!! having another one of those can't sleep moments can't possibly imagine why it's not like I've got anything on my mind!!!!
    LOL orange bikini in my dreams and everybody elses nightmares I reckon, Hee,Hee,Hee really am associating more with Jabba the Hut (I feel tonight feeling very bloated sorry if TMI)
    well now that I'm a platinum member I might go and play some games to put me in a sleep frame of mind I am weary of the early start in the morning but no point lying in bed staring at the ceiling I guess.

I'm currently hiding in the study after a dismal attempt at making tea, have left the mess was so disappointed (it was packet mix stroganoff which I made with chicken) It was so revolting really salty and runny shouldn't really have attempted it after no sleep and such a long week......oh well live and learn (won't tell DH doesn't believe in packet mixes he used to be a chef a life time ago he will at me), at least Paige liked the 'Teddies', which were cute little teddy bear shaped pasta's.

yay it's Friday and I know how good it felt to look at the alarm this morning and flick it off in preperation for Saturday morning, we are having a lazy day tomorrow.

It is freezing here tonight, even put Paige in her polar fleece sleeping bag, you wouldn't believe that last night it was so hot that Paige woke up soaked in sweat.

Tried starting our heater tonight (yes it really is THAT cold) and unfortunatley I don't think it's going to see us through another winter couldn't get it to stay alight, it's been serviced with in an inch of its life so I guess we'll be looking for a new source of heating soon (existing heater is an old Gas heater)

Had fun this afternoon did foot painting with my 30 children (stuck inside on a wet day) it was funny to watch their faces when they were trying not to giggle when I was appplying the paint and I was doing it deliberately softly to get the most tickle value (hee,hee,hee)

wow that is a lot of points I've covered in one post LOL!!!!!
    seeing as there seems to be no one around it must be a sign to get an early night no more frogger at midnight (really good at squashed frog at this time of night it seems)
    night all
    Last edited by blizz; February 22nd, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blizz View Post
    you certainly have honey!!! you post like you've always been here LOL!! glad to hear your feeling better. My asthma medication seems to be doing the trick finally breathing with out sounding like Darth Vader all the time, Just hope the medication is fine for a little bubba on board but as others say it can't be more damaging than having an asthma attack (which I have felt close to having this last week.)
    how have things been going with you?
    Hun, when i was pg my dr told me to keep going on my meds what r u on?

YAY for !!!!!!! stick bubba stick!

Quote Originally Posted by blizz View Post
    I'm baa-aack!! having another one of those can't sleep moments can't possibly imagine why it's not like I've got anything on my mind!!!!
    LOL orange bikini in my dreams and everybody elses nightmares I reckon, Hee,Hee,Hee really am associating more with Jabba the Hut (I feel tonight feeling very bloated sorry if TMI)
    well now that I'm a platinum member I might go and play some games to put me in a sleep frame of mind I am weary of the early start in the morning but no point lying in bed staring at the ceiling I guess.
    Yay for plat!!! i hardle ever use the games atm but will get back into them soon lol! i really should get an updated pic, my hair is longer now.

morning sweets,great sleep in feel like a million bucks!!!! 11:00-9:00....boy I needed it, my meds for my asthma are normal ventolin and seretide500mg which don't concern me as I used them through my first PG but it's the prednisolone that worries me a little I have an ongoing script for it for emergencies and I am almost 100percent sure that my GP told me it was safe (well safer than having the asthma attack I was getting dangerously close too) it's more the dosage that I've been taking that I want to check but it's done now so I guess I can't really do anything if it was a problem, it's a pulse dose of 2 tablets for three days, then one tablet for three days then half a tablet for three days.
    I'm just about to start taking the one tablet for three days but I am feeling back in control (was getting a little scary there for a while)

I was feeling a little hermity last night, so we started up the game console and I played games until about 2am, then jumped into bed and tried to finish reading Persuasion by Jane Austen. DH climbed into bed and said "the sun will be coming up soon" and I was using matchsticks to keep my eyes open by this stage, so I had to stop reading 10 pages before the end of the book!

I kid you not when I say I have a mountain of books that I have bought over the past 5 years to read "one day when I finish uni" and during my break, I have been trying to read them. Now I read them before work, at lunch and after work (instead of turning on the TV ... well with the exception of last night). I see beautiful blue sky out the window and once I've writing down my thoughts/dreams, I'll probably end up out the the garden, being chased by cats.

Love to you all!

Hi tarkine, totally understand the hermit thing, been there myself recently.
    my favourite novel is Charlotte Bronte's "Jane Eyre" also loved pride and prejudice never got around to the others cause I then discovered Harry Potter (total tragic I know!!!!) have been addicted to Harry's journey re-reading my books everytime a new book was to be released or a new movie due out think I've read each of them 4 times now (except for the last one which I read once then my brother borrowed it and gave it to my SIL and it is now MIA)
    totally sad that my Harry adventures have come to an end haven't really found anything to catch my interest since.

We have just visited my new nephew he slept the whole time he's very cute though.

and we went to the pet shop to buy some replacement fish for Paige, then to spot light to buy some tulle and elastic to make an anti fishycide net for the top of the tank ($35 for 7 fish and two weeds????)
    we lost another fish yesterday but it was my fault I hadn't cleaned the filter out in a while.
    now she's gone off to sleep for her arvo nap I'll see if I can sneak in and change things around in the tank, talk to you a bit later on
    cheers Allie

Hi everyone,

Feeling rather P.O. at the moment.

I was working with a child on Friday who is chronically ill. I sit next to her often and because of her condition she also has little social skills.

So, she decided to cough ALL OVER ME!!

Why oh why can't parents keep sick children at home. She was so bad I could smell the infection in her throat!

Now I have bronchitis and a raging sore throat AGAIN. I had to go to the GP this morning as my chest was rattling so badly last night.

My GP was so concerned he is sending me for blood tests because I seem to be continually getting colds and viruses.

Would be nice to get an answer...

Anyway DH and I still managed to get the lawns mowed, the hedges clipped, fixed a blind and got the light shades cleaned out (we have an inspection next Tuesday).

Hey Blizz,

Sorry to hear about your dinner. It's disappointing when you go to that effort and it's yucky. Wow it must be cold down there!

Glad you slept well and are feeling better. Fingers crossed for the anti fishicide campaign!

Hey Alisan!

Hey Tarkine,

Sounds like a nice night. I'm both a Pride and Prejudice fan and a Harry Potter fan! What are you studying at uni?

hey gargy, have just been in live chat for the first time crikey it moves fast poor Briggsy's girl must have though I was a ning as it took me ages to work out what to do LOL
    what a total bugger about the illness you really are having a bad run at the moment
    hope the tests show up something and give you some answers
    fish are all accounted for at the moment think I'll talk DH in to letting us get a new tank one with a light and a lid preferably

i'm hearing you on the sick kid thing total bane of my job we had a child brought in who was unwell the night before mum had given her panadol before hand once it wore off temp was 39 degrees makes me so mad no wonder Paige and I are always sick, can't wait to do family day care to get a break from germs on mass.

Hi Blizz,

Haven't been able/brave enough to get on there - hope you go well!!

Just doing a general scan before I go to bed - talk soon!

hey gargy we'll set a date and time and I'll meet you for a live chat soon if you like it was cool fun, Tarkine tooif your interested or anyone else on this wonderful thread have a great day I'm baking today need lunchbox treats (ohh I hate cooking)and I need to go and buy new plate for Paige dropped hers on the tiles last night oops!!
    I'ts like winter has hit us here this weekend Soooooooo Cold BBBRRRRR!!!!!
    talk soon

I've worked out how to get on to chat, so yep, whenever you're ready!!

The bubbling thing in my chest is quite freaky - never had this before!

I've sent an email to my boss saying that maybe someone needs to have a talk to the girl's mum, because this is getting ridiculous.

Different to last time - last time I wasn't sure if this was a message not to go back to work, this time I really want to be at work!

Hope you're keeping everything warm!

bit warmer tonight,
    glad you told your boss......... it really isn't on, we have to get exposed to so many bugs all the time at least there should be rules about management of sick kids in care and schools.
    DH gets home Monday night so I'll be in and out........ probably more out for the next 5 days (I will pop in on Thursday to let you know how I get on of course)
    hope you're starting to feel a little better I think I've almost got mine licked(touch wood)
    I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow (then when am I ?) I think it's only cause I've got this idea of leaving in my head need to stop thinking about it I guess.
    I'm alright once I get there it just seems the weekends are going to darn fast at the moment.......... roll on holidays!!!!!

need to organise a me day shortly; not really a fan of the mohair stocking look I've got going on at the moment, and I'm displaying way more 'natural blondes ' in my hair than I care too LOL!!!!!, might look at the diary tomorrow and book a day in the next couple of weeks.
    have a good one hun talk to you soon

i did i post earlier but grr comps!!!!

I am always in chat (but havent been 4 a litle while, see link in my sig)

i have suggested to the mods a donor cycle chat, ie when donors and recpients on here together can chat about things that r happening in the cycle. it would be a private room. eg if ur sd's were bb users, they could chat to u bout what is happening, what tests need to be done etc.

Sounds like a good idea Alisan!

BTW, are you ok? I noticed your mood - has something been happening again? Or have I missed a post in the depression/anxiety link (just give me a link if you don't want to write it out again).

Blizz - ah, that explains the sights of yetis in Tasmania (hee hee!! )

A friend of mine says that she just tells the student that it's not fair to the others and he/she is going to sick bay and going home. May try that approach in future.

Then again this is only part of the problem - got to question why my body is not fighting it off. Thought we were being a lot healthier actually - going for walks, eating better etc. Maybe it takes a while for things to turn around? Don't know.

Also, I am getting rather bored with being ill, talking about my health and not leaving the house during the weekend. I want to go back to normal!!!

I always get annoyed when people bring their bugs into work.. I guess it is more difficult in the childcare profession, but I know in the office there is a perception that unless people see you fall off your chair with a cold/illness, then your bludging the day

Ali, I hear ya with the internet access.. we go through internode, after having gone through almost all others, are very happy with them.

Blizz..I hear ya.. we could be the MIss Wookies of 2008 (we'd tie for the title).. isn't there a zen proverb "not being able to see the legs for the forest?"

Gargy, The course is ecological agriculture - very few jobs in the field (unless of course you have your own place)...but I loved it, and it is a 'dream' field of mine.. one day maybe I'll have my own place and be able to implement the things I learnt - although I have got a large block, so I do my best. We had a salad for tea (lettuce and herbs and tomatoes from the garden)..

My MIL gave me a ripe strawberry straight off the plant yesterday, and my knees went weak! - I kid you not.. after the crap that they sell in the supermarkets, the homegrown ones are superior on all fronts. I would much rather grown my own food (simply from the taste perspective) than buy anything. Just hoping that I can keep growing my greens in winter, without the use of a glasshouse, but under a couple of trees.. will see if my experiment works!

Hopelessly off track, off topic and off target.. only a month to go until we see the FS and perhaps maybe then something will happen.. waiting... waiting..waiting.. argh!

Hey Tarkine,

That course sounds really interesting! How long do you have to go?

My dream of growing our own stuff stopped when I bought a permaculture book. I would love to do it but that's as far as I got.

I remember when I was a kid my grandad grew strawberries in his backyard. He gave me one straight from the plot. I'll never forget the lush, sweet taste - never had it since.

Ah - we all meander in here - ramble away!

Blizz - thinking of you - the 28th is coming around fast!

Love the new avatar too!
    Last edited by Caramello; February 25th, 2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Adding info

Hey how sexy do we look?,
    now I will have to be good with my diet cause I really want to look like my new Avatar.

yuuuummmmm Tarkine nothing beats home grown strawberries for flavour, the guy across the road brings us rasberries when they are in season (make a mental note in advance girls that fresh rasberries are awesome to help with morning sickness, not so great when you crave them when they aren't in season and cost a fourtune)

Wow Gargy how busy have you been in the blogs LOL!!!
    thanks for your comments I'll answer them here we, we still haven't collected DD's bed off layby so probably another month or two off making the big move, happy to keep her pinned for a little longer if this morning is any indication,
    she woke at 6am and wouldn't go back to sleep left her watching Goog-gools(wiggles) for about 40mins(not to bad) then she walked around to my side of the bed and clipped me round the ear with a book, "book mummy, book mummy!!!"

weight loss goals shot to bits DH made tortillas for tea (ate way more than I should)

well I will have to dissapear for a while DH suprised me this morning (and I mean SUPRISED ME) nothing like being woken out of a deep sleep with a big tall dark haired man leaning over you at 4:45am in the morning saying........."hey move over will you"
    I wasn't expecting him home till Monday night so nice suprise,
    off to spend quality time will be back I promise on Thursday with results (I hope) talk soon, and take care my lovelies

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast