Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #6

I would love to but i cant afford the ticket to tas. i love tas though! went when I was 14 and fell in love immediately. it was the 1st time I ever saw snow!

love to see you here one day hun, wait a year or so and I may have built a guest room for you to stay in.
    Just having a boo-hoo moment I really don't want to go on my own but the tickets are $130 each and I don't like our chances of trying to sell two of them, and it will leave my SIL in the lurch so I guess my decision has already been made for me!!!

Alisan,

about the car.

Hope the family things aren't too bad.

Blizz,

As I said on your blog, that really sucks.

I hope you can find a way around it...

My niece is in neonatal ward. have been trying to do a bit to help my sister. that reminds me... must pm her

Wow Ali - that's pretty scary. Is bubs ill or early or both?

Not much to report here. I cleaned my desk at work which I'm really happy about - I got rid of all my admin.

So now I've just got to get rid of all the marking.

The principal asked me if I was ok, which was really nice.

However, I am finding it so hard to get back into the swing. I'm hoping the blood tests, that hopefully we will get done on the weekend if everything goes to plan, will show up something.

Traumatic birth so she was a bit slow to breathe and gain weight. she should be home on friday hopefully.

Went to see the GP yesterday to get a certificate off work - gave me two days (what luxury ).. I still feel quite awful, but will go to work tomorrow. The dr read my history and gave me a form to have the pre-pregnancy blood tests done (blood group et al).. 16 days to go to the interview.

For those going along the Donor route, what was the timeframe for starting with the IVF after the initial interview (3mth waiting period will be up on the 28th March)

Ali - that's really scary - hope she's fine soon.

Glad your feeling a little bit better Tarkine.

Can't help you out with the IVF info, only done an IUI so far.

Basically they started as soon as the waiting period was over.

Maybe Blizz can help? Or anyone else out there???

I think they might do things a little differently here as I haven't had any waiting periods other than the initial counselling and getting forms filled out and selecting a donor we pretty much started straight away with IUI which we did for about 9mths before swapping to IVF(also swapped donors at this point as well) no waiting periods before starting this either
    sorry probably not much help!!!!

Gargy...it must have been a day for work cleaning I cleaned the Bermuda triangle that is our communal staff bench, I swear staff just take the easy way and dump everything here for us to put away (some times I wish I was the casual staff member with no responsibilities for the room...LOL!)
    I know my other team members and if I am really honest...myself are also some what to blame as well.

I was going to avoid BB tonight feeling a little down after the ticket episode as well as not having been able to speak to DH since he left for work I am finishing work at 5:15 this week which is about the time he heads off to work, I hate not talking to him every night as we have always done this since we first met...I sent him a text to call me at work tomorrow so hopefully then I'll get to hear his voice
    I am going to head to bed shortly I've given myself a time limit of 9:15 at the latest (been 11:00 to beds this week so far) I've actually finished all of my jobs early and I am going to take advantage of it .

Tarkine does this meeting mean that it will be full steam ahead for you???...oh I hope so!!!

Ali- hope your nephew is ok I'll send some good healthy vibes his way
    I've just found out my nephew has a nasty infection and will be on antibiotic treatment for at least 12mths (he's the one with CF) so he won't be comming to my daycare room anymore (he'd just moved in to my room from the toddler room)
    But it is more important to have him healthy and well
    well princess Paige has started crying let's see if I can settle her and still make my 9:15 deadline
    night all excuse grammar and spelling as I am now rushing

blizz.. sorry to hear about the ticket news..and Dh not getting hols.. sucks when you can't talk to them on the phone. Hope your Nephew will do well on the antibiotics..

Alioop - hope that the premie is responding to treatment... such a difficult time.. my nephew was 4 weeks prem and he was such a tiny little guy.. now he's a big strapping lad of 26 (and you'd never know it!).

Gargy... ahh just because your back at work.

Everyone else

Thanks Tarkine - actually really need a hug tonight - feeling quite low for no apparent reason...

Here's one back to you...

Actually, here's one for everyone...

AAAAAHHHHHHH...you girls are too sweet........ right back at you:hugs:

Hey Blizz,

What did you decide about the tickets?

Hey Tarkine,

Are you feeling better?

What did you find out about IVF?

Hey Alisan!

Hey everyone else!

Feeling reasonably organised at the moment. Had a good time borrowing Picture Books from the public library this afternoon (part of my year 8s mentor reading program).

Going out with people from work tomorrow afternoon to celebrate a collegue moving on to a new job. DH is coming with me. Should be fun!

What's everyone else doing?

hi gals,
    quick catch up before I go in to hibernation for six days (DH home in about an hour and a half)

Gargy I think Paige and I will be going to the concert with SIL at this point(I would really feel too bad about cancelling on her as it was us that talked her in to going) and we are going to have a great time,

I am only going to stay one maybe two nights as apparently last time my fur baby cried for us ...........All night........(according to our neighbours) so I'm going to see If I can hit somebody up for a doggy sit as I really don't want to take both sheppy and paige on a four hour HOT car trip (sheppy woofs all armco and bridges....makes for a very loooooooooooooooong trip have done it 3 times BP(before Paige).... )

Hopefully SIL is able to sell the other ticket,
    Have also decided to cancel second week of hols and reschedule for another time when DH is available will have to take our chance with his leave I guess as apparently they cancelled all unneccissary leave(unless you had an overseas trip book) so I guess it will be the nature of things my leave is a little more flexible I can cancel leave or book it at relatively short notice.

hope all of our DC buddies are well and enjoying warm weather?

We are off to our local speedway tonight for some light (dusty) entertainment hopefully Paige is old enough not to scream this time, she reeee-aaa-ly didn't like it last time otherwise we could be home in record time

love to you all,
    I will pop back in Monday to let you know how my scan goes keep your fingers crossed for me, hoping for some heartbeat action(trying to put it out of my mind at present)

don't miss me too much
    (like I can stay away for too long hee,hee,hee)
    you all recoginse an addict when you see one I guess...LOL!!!

quick update on the update.......... we are giving the tickets to my BIL & SIL as they have helped us out when we first started out and now my SIL is back at Uni to finish off her nursing degree things are a little tight (especially with three almost teenage kids) so happy birthday and christmas to them,

now I can enjoy the easter break with out stress and guilt so all has worked out

well I need to get organised as we got back from the speedway at midnight last night covered in dust(yuck) and had to have a shower so didn't get to bed until almost 2 and I am really tired so night all I'll pop in briefly tomorrow night
    and I now know that I officially love Mazda 6's (had one for 4 hours today)
    love to all hope you are all doing ok and have had relaxing weekends

Blizz that's excellent news! Glad things worked out.

Speedway would have been fun.

Not much happened around here.

I had the blood tests done yesterday - fasting - which meant I was off for the rest of the day.

DH has a cold and has been in bed for most of the weekend. I suppose, at least, he didn't get the brochitis I had, but I'm just feeling frustrated, like we are in a never ending cycle of illness.

And Friday night's work function was fairly terrible. I just felt fairly much on the cultural fringe. Some people I like were there and I talked to them, but others were in their own cliques. I don't think I will go again, unless it is someone I am really close to.

I think I will go to my blog and talk about this mood.

Or not. I have to get to bed soon.

:hugs:

Hugs are a good thing.. read somewhere you need 7 a day!

Blizz.. glad you got the tickets sorted out and I'm glad that you've got your man back for 6 days.. btw.. I used to always say I was going overseas/interstate for my holidays, so they couldn't change them on me (although it would be a bugga if they wanted to see the tickets itinery!).

Gargy.. I hear you with the going to a social function with people in cliques... I tend to avoid those situations these days..

Yes much better thanks.. went to the gym for the first time in a fortnight and boy do I feel achy (in a good way).

I've been running around bragging about my first pregnancy related blood test - how sad am I!!! ROFLOL!! Well I guess you have to take what you can get. It was the blood group etc (that's all I can remember!)..Since DH has been doing all the testing etc.. I now feel a little more like I'm moving towards IVF..

Had an eye opening review with my manager today.

He said that I was wonderful in my job - and when I am acting normally, very passionate about my job.

However he is quite concerned about my emotional state and strongly recommended I see a counsellor.

I think that this is the final signal I need.

I am not myself and I have known this for a while.

I will go and see my GP again.

I'm also going to go and see a natropath - see if she is any good, and if she can help.

So that's my big news for today.

(and don't worry - he is a very compassionate man and is trying to help)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast