Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #6

Default Donor Conception General Chatter #6

This thread is for those who have, for various reasons, decided to utilise a donor to assist in their dream of having a child. It is also a place for those who are donors, are considering donating, or are in the process of donating.

Please note that we do not allow posts that advertise for donors or recipeints.

This thread is for general chatter and support only. Please ensure that any discussions between donor and recipient regarding donation is not posted in this public forum.

Any post which is considered advertising will be removed.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Sarah_H
    Cherie
    sushee
    Cailin

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Read up on your old thread here

Oh wow, I'm the first post...eeekkk

And here I was going to say something cheeky to Blizz about changing her name by deedpoll to Darth Yeti

Plans for Easter holidays sounds fantastic Blizz. Hope you get to go to the fesitval.

Fair enough Tarkine, it's a good idea to take a break for a while - but please be aware that we're always here as support.

I find my GP (sometimes) is more understanding than my FS - mainly because I see him more.

I love the fact that I can come on here and talk to you both (as well as others) about everything.

Anyway, after much whinging (which I'm sure you're heartily sick of) I've decided to go back to work tomorrow. I still have a little bit of a moaning bagpipe issue (ie wheezing after breathing) but I think it's time to go back.

I'm really worried about the *****y comments but there is not a lot I can do. I really, really thought that my health would be ok this year.

My BFS said that 2008 has been a horrible year. I'm not ready to write it off yet, it 'feels' better than last year, I just hope things change.

I also hope that my GP finds something simple that I can easily fix so that my immune system is not so easily compromised.

Anyway, DH has just given me a hot cross bun, so I'll sign off for now...

Girls, I do not want any of you to disappear off here.

Gargy, we are only in March, you could have a baby by the end of 2008 which would make it a bl00dy fantastic year if you ask me. not time to write it off just yet. Hun, REST as much as possible and your health will settle! i think your body is telling you to SLOW DOWN!!!

Blizz, remind me, where r you going for holidays? interstate?

I have not really given ED much thought lately as i have had too much happening in my life the past few weeks. i am still sure that I want to do it and i think that i should write a list of what I want from the family that i donate to iykwim, ie in relation to relationship with the family, like a godparent type relationship.

Tarkine, we all go through those times when we need to be selfish iykwim. take the time you need but dont take too long, we will miss you.

Hi Girls,

WEll i thought i would pop in and let you know i had a donor embie tranferred last Friday. It was a hatching blastie at transfer so hopefully thats promising. I have my BT on Mon but may not know till Tuesday as we live in the country and it all must go by horse or donkey or something!!
    I read a little of the last thread and it seems a few of you are coming up with issues or this whole long journey is getting tough. WEll girls all i can say is its been tough for me but i know its been tougher for alot of other girls - so i just keep holding onto the fact that i have been given another chance. I think supporting each other the way you do it the best, i know that without BB i would be more than a little lost (i usually post in the older woman TTC) i think that unless you go thru IVF you really don't understand the issue an IVF patient goes thru and thats not to say that we have it any tougher than those that are doing it naturally.
    Its just different and then for those of us that need donors welll it is tougher again cause you are relying on other to help you. I think the best all of us can do is lean on each other for support, spill your feeling as they come to you and don't hold anything in - i've found over the years that holding things in only makes it worse and usually its my DH who pays for it!lol. Girls stick together - truly there is safety in numbers. Wishing you all so much luck - and i really mean that. I wish for all of you to get a BFP this year - you all deserve it. to you all.

Alli - yeah I am possibly pushing it too hard (gee I wonder why I've been so sick? )

Went back to work today and had some lovely comments from people. And the main person I was worried about happened to be away!

That's excellent news Lissie! Fingers crossed for the TWW!!

As for the tough times, I think they come and go in cycles. Same with frustration. When I'm feeling rational, I accept this. However when I realise that I have been on this TTC journey for 10 years (if you time it from the very first time I saw a FS when I was 28), I start to feel a little despondant.

Yes there are others out there that have had it hard. But there are also others that have had it incredibly easy. And when these people start to be judgemental about me I really get irritated (has happened a lot at work lately).

However when I simmer down again I realise that these people are young and will hopefully learn compassion somewhere, somehow. Or not. Then again, it's their journey, not mine...

Hi girls just sneaking in quickly, you certainly got a head start on me in this post LOL!!!! Yay Lissie I'll keep everything crossed for you I hate the TWW sending you heaps of
    my easter break plans are in Hobart depending if DH's leave is approved if not heck I may go anyway then at least we'll only be wasting one ticket (they were kind of expensive at $130each)
    wishing you all a safe and happy long weekend as I really will spend time with DH until Monday so I'll be back to chat Monday arvo/night I reckon
    glad things went well for you back at work Gargy it is always easier once you get through that first day after sick leave I hate that feeling that I believe everyone is talking about me behind my back I'm sure they have better things to do with their time (well possibly not)
    we'll ladies settle in and enjoy the long weekend it's our 5th wedding anniversary on the 9th so I will be kicking myself of BB..............NOW!!!

Actually reading some of the threads on different sections of the forum tonight I think, as you said Lissie, a lot of people have it a lot worse. So,'pity party' over for now...

Have a great long weekend Blizz with your DH celebrating your anniversary.

I'm starting to feel a little restless so hopefully we'll be able to do something this weekend. I deliberately left all my stuff at work so I wouldn't be tempted to work on the weekend. However I'll have to catch up soon.

DH wants to get a desk (his old one was a dining table that was too big and rusted to come with us) so we'll probably investigate that.

I'm going to blog and then go to bed.

wow, didn't know it was possible to feel this tired......LOL!!! it's 11:45am and I have just waved DH off for another 5 nights away and have just put DD to bed for arvo sleep so after a quick cruise around BB I think I might tuck myself in for a nanna nap as well.
    we went to Ulverstone for a counter meal to celebrate our anniversary last night (they have a play room for the kids and they actually bring their kids meals out before all of the other meals (it's a miracle)
    Had a nice time.
    DH made us test drive a Holden Captiva on Saturday morning, I wasn't impressed it was ok seven seater and all but I really would like a comfortable smooth riding family car which is why I'm leaning towards the Mazda 6 wagon but it is all pie in the sky until DH's mothers house sells and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon.
    Think I might dissapear for that nanna nap now might as well take advantage of the peace and quiet talk a little later on

Hello girls,

Well unfortunately my first FET with donor embies did not take.
    Will try again in a few weeks time - just got to lick my wounds after this round - but just can't sit around must keep on going even though i want to curl up in a ball and just keep crying but that will do no good i know.
    Anyhoo - best of luck to you all all round.

oh Lissie, I'm sorry hon, I do know the feeling of having to get straight back in to things though.......... we've just been through 12 FET in a row with one M/C and I'm hoping to goodness that this one is stuck like glue, I will be thinking of you and will keep an eye out for your BFP next month, here's a hug from all of us in DC

Blizz,

I sure do hope this one is a sticky one for you i really do.
    Thanks for your kind words. I will be sending out as many positive vibes for you as i can - i really really hope this works for you. This is such a long hard journey for all of us. to you sweetie.

Lissie, sorry to hear the news.

I'm beginning to think that while our goals are the same (to have a healthy baby in our arms) that the journey is completely different for all of us.

Blizz... that is about the only car I haven't test driven yet!! (sigh).. My DH is driving me insane about getting a new car - we got one 8 years ago.. what's wrong with that LOL!... men hey?

Gargy.. glad to hear your back at work... sllooooowly does it now (miss bossy here)..

me.. I've got some horrid lurgy, which first started with a headache, then I though I was getting a cold.. now I can't think straight and I get incredibly tired very quickly... Friday I had to leave work at lunchtime, and I couldn't remember the drive home (never a good sign).. and I fell into bed and woke up 4 hours later.. feeling a little better).. My brain feels like it has a cold, but I don't have any of the symptoms (snotty nose etc)... been feeling like I'm having hot flushes - had to have the air conditioner on even though it was 26?? Just awful..

Oh poor Tarkine, make sure you drink lot's of fluids and I diagnose complete bed rest (or at least the couch in front of the telly)........Dr Allies orders
    we had a long weekend here so I'm back to work tomorrow at least it is one day closer to monday.

Tarkine, is there any chance you could be pg? those sound like pg symptoms to me. lets hope your last BT was actually mixed up with someone elses or just too early and you are actually pg.

Lissie gl with the next cycle, lets hope there is a sticky 1 in there somewhere.

Blizz,

Did you decide on the car yet?

I also hope that this one sticks like glue.

Lissie,

So sorry to hear that the transfer didn't work. I feel for you on this long hard journey. Sending heaps of positive vibes the next time around.

Tarkine,

Yucky lurgy - I can definitely sympathize! Sounds like you had a temperature/virus. Hope it goes away soon.

Alisan,

How are things going with you?

Oh,

Might be helpful if I gave some information I'm finding I'm having a really vague day today!

Saturday was fairly horrible - I had a headache until really late that night. Sunday was great - got to go shopping and buy a few things for the house. I can now find my shoes and don't have to bend down to get the shampoo etc from the floor.

I don't know about you ladies but it actually gives me a bit of an adrenalin rush when things are placed in order I also have a great love of stationary shops - although I have most things I need now and don't go in as much!

Monday was a very long day - spent most of it doing reading tests with year 7s and trying to find my desk (an ongoing project!) We also had a very long after school meeting which meant I didn't get a chance to do the groceries until late.

Today is a pretty quiet day again.

Hope you all are doing ok!

Gargy, I have been too busy with family and now my car has to be fixed (new brake pads) so tomorrow i might actually get to stop and think! DH is taking the car to get fixed while he works.

my easter weekend plans have been shot to bits DH sent me a text message to say that his holiday application has been declined apparently they need to get more dirt up the hill so I guess Paige and I will be going to see Keith on our own unless any one would like to make a mad dash to Tassie at Easter.
    Hobart is such a long way to go on your own especially with a squirmy 2 year old in the car but we can't really afford to waste so much on the tickets by not going either so a bit of a dilema
    I'll talk to DH tomorrow night and work out what the plan will be

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast