Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #6

Welcome Batcoat!

I am planning to be an egg donor in the not too distant future. so far all the recipients in here are sperm donation, but they have taught me a lot about the whole process.

Blizz,

I saw your blog entry on this - OMG - your poor SIL!!

Tarkine,

How's are things going?

Batcoat,

Hi and welcome!

Hey everyone else!

As for me: Very annoyed - I have this horrible cold sore in the ridge between my nose and lip. It comes and goes and I hate the stupid thing.

I've also been having a few issues with DH being sick so much at the moment.

Also my Mum and Dad taking off to do the Grey Nomad thing across the Nullabour and Nan is going to live with her sister for a while. Dad's been nervous and ringing with last minute details.

Had to ring a number of parents today to let them know their children hadn't handed in an assignment, and got ambushed by one. Not impressed.

I'm actually feeling on edge at the moment and I will be glad when the term is over. Last thing I feel like doing is preparing food for this lunch I don't want to go to tomorrow.

Sorry about the vent - I'll catch up with you all later.

Sorry about the tanty everyone - but you'll be glad to know I am feeling a bit better.

Sorry Ali for missing you - I think we posted at the same time!

blizz.. OMG! far out.. if it doesn't rain it pours!

Gargy.. tanties are welcome.. nothing worse than keeping frustration inside.

This particular thread cracked me up - and I had fun adding more examples...

See what you think!

How many BB members does it take to change a light bulb?

Yay! It worked!!
    Last edited by Caramello; April 11th, 2008 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Trying links again

just popping in quickly before bed have been at my parents place cooking tea for my brother and his family and have just got back, good to know...my brother and his family are FULLY insured (a big relief for me, I'll be honest and say that I had doubts)
    place is totally destroyed saw some pictures tonight luckily my sil called me last night as it was plastered all over the cover of our local paper this morning.
    All are safe and well and my nephew got out of hospital this afternoon, actually he and Paige have been having the "NO!..MINE!!) war tonight.
    Both their kids are doing well and seem to understand what has happened, the oldest drew a picture for his aunty of his house(to put in his new house) it was a typical square box house with triangle roof coloured completely in jaggered red pencil lines???(he's 4)
    Well I am going to toddle off to bed am completely exhausted will be popping up to see my family again over the next couple of days will check in with BB a little later on

Hey everyone,

Feeling a lot better tonight - starting to calm down!

Have been fiddling around with my signature - was going to put 'azospermia' in there but I thought that it would cause too many questions.

I like the new emoticon!

Blizz,

So glad that your brother and SIL were insured. And glad to know that their son is returning back to normal - 'no! mine!' fights are so fun aren't they?

Tarkine,

Come on the 21st!

Batcoat,

How are you going?

Ali,

Hey everyone else!

down to a week to go. Am trying not to get too excited and remain detached.. but it is hard. Am starting to get cold feet about having children - funny isn't it.. if I found out I was pregnant by accident it would be fine, but the whole technical intervention has made me really think about the entire thing.

to everyone, lots of love and hugs to ya all

So Tarkine have you gnawed off your fingernails yet?

Seriously, I know how horrible that wait is, especially when all the thoughts, including 'why am I doing this' go through your head.

Thinking of you.

Hey Blizz,

Haven't heard from you in a while, hope things are going ok...

As for me, had a quiet day - slept in late. Then tried to organise some tradies to come to the house. I have someone to clean the gutters, as long as it doesn't rain on Friday.

Having less luck with getting a window repaired - it's behind a metal screen that's been welded in, so the company I contacted is 'getting back to me'. It's only 1/2 a window though - and a sash (?) window (goes up and down, rather than across) so I didn't think it would be that difficult. Anyway, something to chase for tomorrow...

Actually I'm looking forward to the gathering - should be good to see people from BB again!

Hi all,
    I am fine just been a little quiet due to working the 6:30 start roster at work (I am so not a morning person and have been going to bed really early as I am just tired all the time), Had a big weekend at my parents place with my brother and his family, I am having two days off now Wednesday and Thursday have scan tomorrow at 4:30 and doctor's appointment on Thursday, only have Friday to work before the weekend so I think I can manage that.
    DH came home this arvo we just went for a drive to see the house (or what is left off it) and had maccas for tea, Paige discovered our thickshakes(one chocolate and one strawberry) and wouldn't give them back kept trying one and then the other so here's hoping she wont wake up during the night with a tummy ache!!!

Had a bit of a win last night, last year we took my 4 year old nephew to see the Monster truck show in Latrobe last year, we brought him a hat for one of the trucks 'Monster Patrol' and a program and he's been very attatched to these and of course he lost them in the fire so I contacted the Australian Monster truck association to see about getting him some replacement items and I got a response back last night to say that they are coming back to Tassy in November and the guy who answered me would really like to take my nephew for a ride in his Monster truck 'Outback Thunder' my nephew will be so excited so I will try to get it organised for him as a suprise.

nothing much else to report think I might head to bed and watch telly for a while just feeling soooooooooooooooo tired all the time.

love to you all sending you a
    Allie.B xxxxx

Hey Blizz,

That's really nice of the Monster Truck driver to offer this special treat for your nephew - well done to them (and you for organising it!)

I agree that early mornings are not fun!

How cute with Paige helping herself to your thickshakes!

Have fun lounging in front of the tv.

Hey Tarkine,

How are you going?

Hi everyone else!

As for me - spent some time with some Sydney members of BB. It was great to catch up and have a chat with everyone. I got to hold two special babies - it was so nice having a little one gnawing on your fingers (Abbey - Trish's girl - was teething).

Shame about the weather (it was cold and rainy) but we had a good time.

A little sad coming back to an empty house, but I called DH and had a chat about it all.

I also went and had a read, a nap, and got going again.

Thinking of having a shopping day by myself tomorrow - see how I go...

Ohh blizz... monster trucks are cool (oops am I a bit old to be admitting that??) Just goes to show that there are some great people in the world...
    Please keep us informed of the scans etc.. very excited about being a cyber aunty (auntx8, great auntx3).

Gargy.. difficult coming home to an empty house... :hugs:

everyone else....

..waiting...waiting...waiting...

just popping im quickly to say, I had my scan and everything is fine there was definately a baby in their waving back at us and moving around madly measuring at 11 and a half weeks so spot on. Feeling huge relief it has been the longest day possible today...... darn my overactive imagination!!!!! so now I can take a chill pill and relax and enjoy a PG without morning sickness. Will talk to you all soon, love to all my DCS friends hope you are all travelling well

That's brilliant news Blizz!

Thinking of you too.

Hi everyone,

Hoping everyone is doing ok - haven't heard from you all in a while.

Yesterday I had a fairly intense counselling session - I learnt a lot about myself and what is going on within my body.

Today I had a morning cleaning and organising gutter cleaning.

However the afternoon was much more fun. I caught up with BW for lunch and spent part of the afternoon meandering through Borders and buying books.

I then went to Mum and Dads to check on the place while they were away. While there I was surprised to see my sister travelling through. She lives in another city so to see her was pretty cool.

Just catching up with videos tonight.

to you all - hope to hear from you soon!

ohh borders and bookshopping... **insert drool here** I just love that!

Glad to hear the counselling session went well.. they are always interesting

hey Tarkine, how's the count down going???? just gotten rid of DH,they have a car rally here called Targa Tasmania and it means for DH that the only road to work will be closed off to the public from 11:30 only found out last night while we were out to tea otherwise DH may not have made it to work in time as it is he was later leaving than he wanted to be (my fault got caught up in the chemists) so hopefully he'll make it through before they close off the roads otherwise he'll have to hang around in Waratah till the roads reopen, as it is I'm betting he's forgotten something and Paige and I will have to drive down tomorrow to take it to him...the joys of having to pack in a hurry.. the roads are a bit winedy and take a lot of concentration for a squeemish driver like me!!!!!......here's hoping all is well anyway.
    better go can here the tap dancing princess tiptoeing up the hallway looking for her "muuuuuuuuuu-mmy???"be back tonight I reckon (going to have a sleep when Paige does today)

Hi gargy, Tarkine I'm hanging around in live chat for a while if you're looking for some company can't find the 'I want a chat now' thread
    Last edited by blizz; April 19th, 2008 at 07:25 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast