Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

Allie,

Angus looks gorgeous - love the photo with you, DH and Angus! And the other one with Miss Paige and Angus!

Oh I'm so happy for you all!!

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have been MIA for so long (didn't realise it's been about a month since my last post!)

Firstly CONGRATULATIONS Blizz!! Well done hun... checked out the photo's... Angus is sooo cute!!! Hope you are all doing well!! Blizz I also wanted to say Thank You for sharing your embie transfer story with me (when I was really down a while ago!!) It really helped lift my spirits and gave me lots of hope..... THANK YOU!!!!

Tarkine - How is the pregnancy going? Are you getting a big belly? Hope all is going well for you. Happy Belated Birthday to you!!!

Gargy - Where are you up to in the IVF cycle? Do you know when your egg collection will be? Hope you are coping with it all ok. I got a little tired with the injections. I was on them for about 18 days as I wasn't stimulating very well... luckily we got there in the end though!!

Well as for me we had our appointment with FS on Monday... Just waiting for AF to arrive (which should be any day now!) then I start a 'Low Dose Stimulation Cycle' - I am still getting used to all the terminology with IVF!! So basically I start Gonal F on day 3 of my cycle, continue this up until my trigger and then the transfer will be 5-7 days after. Am happy that we are getting on with the next step! I have still been doing acupuncture every week and has helped me keep calm and be more relaxed.

Lieve - Great news about DH's sperm!! When will you be starting your IVF cycle? Hope all goes well for you!!!

Hello to everyone else

Hey Joy,

Here are my dates with this cycle:

06/10 - started Syranel
    26/10 - started Puregon
    31/10, tonight and Thursday - Pregnyl
    Trigger ???

The nurse was hinting that I would probably go either Wednesday or Friday - however I am in for another blood test/ultrasound on Wednesday morning so I am guessing it will probably be Friday for EPU.

Blood test and ultrasound this morning - ultrasound showed about 8 follicles on the left ovary and 6 on the right- so we will see what happens by Friday.

Ovaries are definitely feeling uncomfortable!

Hope that AF turns up for you soon.

Hey to everyone else!!!
    Last edited by Caramello; November 3rd, 2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: ETA

Gargy the folicles sound good - although I think they are more concerned with the size - they tend to go for the most numbers at about 18-20mm (from memory).. at a growth rate of 2mm a day, it gives you some indication of how long til trigger.

Joy - I'm getting bigger every day and loving it!! - everyone keeps telling me how good I look and I've had a dream pregnancy to date (knock on wood) - apart from my shoulders - and not having slept through the night for 6mths).. But none of that matters - I feel very blessed and honoured that I'm pregnant, and curse the aches and pain and in the same breath thank the universe/god/whoever is there to listen, that I'm pregnant and things are going well!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone... I feel very special

Tarkine,

Thanks for that - well from what I remember this morning she only found about 5 that she took pictures of that were about 10mm or more. So some growing to do yet (that's if I heard correctly...)

So glad that your are feeling so joyous about the pregnancy - sore shoulders non-withstanding...

hello my wonderful friends....how exciting Gargy....you are sooooo close now
    Tarkine you are special hon birthday or not, Joy great to see you back glad I could help make you feel a little better
    Well we are just amazed and a little convinced that somebody upstairs is playing tricks with us.....I swear Paige is as blonde as they come with blue eyes but Angus is the spitting image of his father....including jet black hair!!!!! infact we have already had family members convinced that one of DH's little soldiers must have defied the odds and snuck throught to the keeper (didn't have the heart to say that it is not even a remote posibility as DH has silicone testes) but It is just uncanny, reckon his mum and dad have been messing about up in heaven just for a giggle and sent us the reincarnation of DH's dad???????
    Well Angus is amazing he is soooo hungry and is a definate booby boy great to see these huge boobs of mine are finally useful for something other than getting in the way and making it hard to buy clothes
    he was really kind and slept 4hrs (feed) 3hrs(feed) 3hrs(feed)waking at 8am....best night sleep I have had in ages absolutely amazing not getting to excited though but it was nice and I feel like a new woman because of a little sleep.
    Oh well the little man is awake and wants the booby so be back later
    love to all Allie, Paige and Angusxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Blizz,

Aww how cute that magic baby dust has happened and Angus looks like your DH!!
    Glad you got to sleep for a little while.

Tarkine,

I checked out the screen this morning and there were follicles ranging from 12mm to 31mm

I have about 20 that are ready to go - looks like it will be Friday.

And if I thought Monday was uncomfortable - today was worse! My right ovary decided to go into hiding which made finding the follicles quite difficult.

Love to all - hope everyone is travelling ok.

oh hon, I too had a hiding ovary it makes for many uncomfortable internal scans I found it easier to tell the person scanning me that I have an ovary that is hard to find and it is best found this way!!!! (believe me you'll be an expert by the time your finished) it does also get really uncomfortable close to harvest time yay for Friday how exciting...I'll be thinking of you

Friday it is!!!

Gargy.. don't plan to do much on the weekend - have a quiet one. Will keep everything crossed for you hun... go little eggies go!!

evening all, just letting you know I have added a few more pics if anyone is interested.
    I agree with Tarkine, have a quiet weekend if you can Gargy you may feel a little sore
    Hi to everyone else, hope everybody is OK!!
    Have been having a lovely time getting to know little Angus he really likes to sleep at the moment so am making the most of it.
    well DH has just made some cheese cake with raspberry coulis thats my call to sign off me thinks, take care all

Oh my goodness Blizz..Paige and Angus are just totally adorable. Congratulations on the birth of Angus and on your beautiful family.

Hugs Bel

Awww I just want to have a big hug of Angus.
    Gargy you have all my love and hugs for your trigger and for the big EPU on Friday. I will be thinking of you. Those darstedly ovaries huh. I know the feeling of discomfort all too well .
    Tarkine, see you in a couple of weeks. Looking rounder no doubt! Hope your shoulders are doing ok. I worry...
    Joy hi there and hope you are doing ok. 18 days on stims is quite amazing. I had that for my last own cycle and managed one measly egg!
    AFM(us) Em is having her scan on Friday morning too so it is all happening.

Lulu if you are around another huge hug from me

Blizz the photos are gorgeous. Congrats again..

Gargy - best of luck for the big day tomorrow...

Just lurking, but want to stick my head in to wish Gargy best of luck for tomorrow, EPU here we come! Hope you get lots lots of healthy eggies!

Hello to all your lovely ladies!

OOOh Good Luck Gargy...
    I will have to check up on how you feel after EPU, as my recip's & awesome buddies arrive on Jan 2nd from Seattle for my little eggies & I am not sure yet about when I will go back to work...
    My boss is super cool with it all & said he will expect to wlak on egg shells once i start the meds!!!
    I am starting on Gonal f ??? But not til closer to the time they will be arriving!!!

I wish you lots of success!

Tracey, just want to say what a wonderful woman you are of helping others, you are amazing!

Hi All

Gargy - Good luck for tomorrow...hope they get lots of good little eggies!! Thinking of you

Tarkine - Glad you are having a great pregnancy! Hope all continues to go well

Blizz - Nice to hear things are going well with your new addition to your family.... I will check out the other pics of little Angus as soon as I finish this post!

Dusty - Hope all goes well for Em's scan on Friday!

As for me I am still waiting for AF!!! I have been so horrible to DH this week.... I feel so hormonal just like before I get AF. But no she has not showed up yet. It's murphy's law isn't it.... when you dont want AF you get it and when you are waiting for it to show up it doesn't!!! Has anyone else had a delayed AF after a cycle of IVF? Maybe the 18 days of stims took it's toll!! I just want it to come so I can feel a little normal again and move onto our next step!!!

hello to everyone else!!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast