Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #8

gargy - I really hope that if you do move, you do go to a better school - You never know that it could be a blessing in disguise!

Go syneral for getting up early! While I'm not sleeping, my shoulders are sore as anything and I'm grumpy and tired, I still feel extremely blessed that there was a donor out there who donated sperm, so we could experience all the joys of having children. I'm watching AC/DC live in concert, while waiting for DH to get back from the hardware shop with more paint (I know I'm crazy painting with shoulders that are really sore) but I won't have many more days when I can climb a ladder to finish off the painting. If I left it up to DH, it would never get done!! Love him to pieces but sometimes would love to slap him around with a wet kipper!!

Blizz - just wait til you have two of them jumping into bed to watch cartoons!! Sounds wonderful (except for the slapping in the head!).

SD - enjoy your holiday - sounds great!!

Take care everyone

WHERE ARE WE ALL????????

nothing has changed here still trucking.....thought I may have burst my waters this morning with being sick but nope still intact.

Have been to local furniture store this morning to chase up my new washing machine and dryer...they rang me yesterday to say that the one that had arrived was damaged, they noticed it when it was being loaded on the truck, so I told them not to bother delivering it as we would like a new undamaged one thanks for coming so they searched around for a replacement from another store and it arrived first thing this morning and when DH checked it before they got it off the truck...it had all of the plastic panel smashed like it had been hit with a hammer, the poor delivery guy said it was like that when they loaded it on the truck and the dryer also had a small dent in the door( they didn't give me a phone call this morning though!!!!) as well so we sent it back and went in to see them and they are supposedly in the process of trying to track us down another one to be delivered this afternoon...believe it when I see it.
    We have the plumber booked in for tomorrow to install all of the outlets so it had better be here at least by first thing tomorrow....It shouldn't be so hard!!!!!
    Laundry is looking great if we can ever get it finished....will post before and after photos when we finally get there.

on a brighter note went for a trip to a local toweling factory outlet and brought a whole bathroom set full of new towels in matching colours for $97 so that was 4 bath sheets, 4 bath towels, 4 hand towels, four face washers and two bath mats (as well as two huge boxes of toweling rags for DH).......I love bargain shopping.
    love to all,

I've probably just learnt life's greatest lesson... you never know what's around the corner! After mixed messages from doctors, FSs and nurses, and a ****tail of conflicting results it now turns out the DH has a sperm or two that appear to be useable! God bless the FS who hunted high and low until he exhausted all avenues. It's been a very weird few weeks, from being at the absolute bottom of a dark and hopeless place, to trying to process what our reality appeared to be and make some positive headway along the donor path, to doing a complete U-turn and finding out we are still in with a chance. We had a counselling appointment last week which was sorely needed. I know I should be really happy, and I'm sure I will be as soon as I can get my head around all the events of the past 4 months. It's all taken a bigger toll than I realised, and i'm just a bit numb... whereas DH is floating on clouds!

So, a very long way to go but I start my first IVF-ICSI cycle as soon as AF arrives... and I can't wait.

Anyway, I'm still going to hang around this thread for a bit although for now it looks like we don't need to use a donor, I just feel connected to you all, your support has been (and I'm sure still will be) incredible and I want to follow your amazing journeys. Though I'm sure I'll see you in other LTAC threads too.

Blizz - is there anything you're doing that's NOT intended to bring on early labour????

Gargy - how's your week been - hope it hasn't been as full-on as last week and you're closer to 'the light at the end of the tunnel'.

xxx

yay...we have a space for bubba....after a full afternoon's cleaning we have finally made it to clearing a space for this bubba (tiny though the space may be) unfortunatley he won't be able to have his own room for a while and I really don't want to risk waking Paige up over night so we have fitted the cot in to a small alcove in the hallway which is where he will sleep overnight and I will put a cradle in to Paige's room for his daytime sleeps.
    I am a bit embarrassed to post any pictures of it because it is such an unusual space for a baby but in all honesty Paige was well and truely over one before she even looked at going in to her bedroom to play and by this stage the two children will need to share a room for a little while anyway.

supposed to be getting our replacement, replacement washing machine first thing in the morning hopefully it will beat the plumber that we have booked.
    Have midwife appointment in the morning as well then Paige will go to daycare so I might go accessory shopping for the laundry and bathroom it is sooooooo much easier without Paige in tow

Lieve - hang in there.. it only takes one sperm and one egg to make a baby!!
    murphy's law strikes again!! my reason for returning to work in February was to guarantee that I would fall pregnant in 2008 (crazy logic I know) and I did.. Well it seems to be the way my life goes.. plan for x and y happens!!

Blizz - wonder woman!! Bargain towels (sounds great!).. I think if we had #2, bubs would have to be suspended from the ceiling!! (our house is 7.5 squares!)

gargy - hun.. thinking of you sweetie.. hope the syneral/IVF rollercoaster is being kind to you.

Well my shoulders are still hurting.. went to see dralion (circ de solia - spelling?) - got free tickets from virgin due to all the flying that DH is doing - loved the show, highly recommend going to see it - there are so many talented people out there - absolutely incredible!! although DH flew in at 7pm and it started at 7.30pm - thank goodness traffic was kind to us!!

love and hugs to all

Had another minor meltdown at work today - not pretty - crap work things happening plus forgetting on Tuesday night to take Syranel until 3 hours later than I was due, which I think added to the massive headache I had last night...

For some reason I was shocked this morning that they gave me the puregon - I just wasn't expecting it until later (don't ask me why!)

I start the Puregon injections on Sunday.

Blizz - I cannot believe that they tried to give you dented whitegoods TWICE! Once I can understand, but twice?

About the blonde alarm clock!

Yay on the space for the bubba!

Tarkine,

Sending you healing dust for your poor sore shoulders.

Lieve,

That's fantastic news! Hope everything goes well...

Joy, are you out there?

Hey everyone else...

QLD was great. Lots of sun and warm weather. Yay! Now I am asking myself why on earth I came back to Sydney.

Blizz, I didn't see any whales but the sharks and dolphins at Seaworld were great.

Tarkine, thanks, yes we had a great time in QLD. Also glad to hear that you appreciate the generosity of your donor.

Gargy, no offence was taken regarding your interrogative questions. I am happy to answer general questions in this public forum, but I prefer to answer personal questions via email or a private forum. It is not that I do not wish to answer personal questions but more that this is a public forum and thus quite literally anyone can read what we write. In any case, if you ask me a question then I'll answer as best I can. From my point of view, I am interested in finding out the thoughts and experiences of recipient families in their journey to have a family.

Unfortunately for me, this website will not allow me to use PM's.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

"Blizz, I didn't see any whales but the sharks and dolphins at Seaworld were great."- no you wouldn't have seen any on the beach......... I stayed home!!!!...though I think I may have progressed to blue whale status.

nothing new here...have a completed laundry as of this morning (no renno mess around new bubba...double yay!!!!)
    will post before and after shots ...now

Bubba has a nearly completed possy (will post a picture when I have finished it completely if I am brave enough) DH built me a small storage cupboard so we now have some where to put bubbas things

Have been to a friends baby shower today which was fun

VERY UNCOMFORTABLE HERE!!!!!! glad to be on the count down finallly.

DD broke her uncles nose playing 'stacks on' with her cousins, she fell forward and hit the bridge of his nose with her front teeth taking a fair gash out of it, he later informed me that it was broken it was such a hard hit I thought she may have broken her teeth but no uncle came out worst for ware.
    I felt a little bad that I had insisted that he let DD put a captin feathersword band aid on his nose because she was feeling bad about it (probably hurt a fair bit)

will catch up more tomorrow night DH goes back on to night shift.
    he is sooooo going to be at work when I go in to labour isn't he?????

SD2001,

Sun and sand sound great!

Re: the private messages - that generally kicks in when you change from 'Registered Member' to 'Belly Belly Member' - when you hit 25 posts.

Blizz,

Ouchies to DD's uncle's nose!

about the uncomfortable feelings...thinking of you.

Take care.

Blizz... isn't that how murphy's law works? with DH being away at work - although you never know all the best hun..I'm thinking of you and your family... Also got my fingers crossed that DH is at home when Angus arrives. Looking forward to the msg from Gargy. Take care sweetie.

I thought the same too Tarkine - definitely Murphy's Law!

Not much to report here - had a sloth day all day - started puregon tonight, that's about it really.

Hi to all!

evening all,
    feeling a little lost and lonely DH has started back on night shift tonight Paige has gone to bed early so I am at a bit of a loose end.
    Rang my brother and his family to come down for tea but they had other plans then rang mum and dad and they were too busy too and will come to tea on Tuesday instead so I am having my own hormonal pity party at the moment but that's OK as I really should have an earlyish night as I haven't been sleeping very well and I guess I am about to be sleeping a whole lot less shortly.
    Just hoping that my labour won't reduce by too much time as DD was 8 hours from woe to go and we have DH's sister driving through from Hobart (about 3-4 hours away) at a moments notice and DH will take about an hour to get out from underground and 2 hours driving to get home to me.
    Anything could happen at this stage I guess I have stand in's organised in the mean time so I won't be doing it alone at any point.

Gargy yowie on the Puregon - hope you don't bruise yourself like I did with it.
    Paige will send you a captin feathersword bandaid for your ouchies if you like (like the one we stuck over my poor brothers broken nose!!!)

Hi to everyone else...we seem to have gone a little quiet in here of late but we all have a fair bit going on I guess hope we are all still truckin' along OK??

Love to you all
    Allie.B aka Blue whale!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blizz View Post
    no you wouldn't have seen any on the beach......... I stayed home!!!!...though I think I may have progressed to blue whale status.
    Nothing wrong with Blue Whales. They are very majestic creatures!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    Sun and sand sound great!
    I agree. If only we didn't have to work ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post
    Re: the private messages - that generally kicks in when you change from 'Registered Member' to 'Belly Belly Member'
    Thanks.
    Last edited by dusty; October 27th, 2008 at 08:10 AM. Reason: double up

Gargy - yay on the Puregon! in my experience things seem to fly by from this point. I hope it is the same for you. Good luck sweets. Let us know if any hand holding is needed.

Alllie - hun you sounded so lonely and hormonal last night. Lets hope you wont need any stand ins. I am so excited for you. Not too long now.

Hello everyone

I should have beforehand but luckily I checked my cycle sheet and last night was my last Pill after almost 6 weeks on the active ingredient. AF has been breaking through for weeks now. So annoying, can't wait to get her proper and get rid of her.

At home with a tummy bug today. So am going to read in bed and rest up.

Hi Dusty.

**pacing around the room, waiting for Angus to make his arrival**.

Blizz hun - take care of yourself... I promise I'll try and be more patient!!

Hi everyone all round

Sorry hon no signs of arrival any time soon so aunty Tarkine will have to cool her heels got a feeling we're headed in to the november birth dates, although I thought halloween would make a cool birthdate so I haven't lost hope yet!!!!

well we had rissoles and vegies for tea fed mum, dad Paige and myself it's sooo much nicer cooking for a few people rather than just the 2 of us (well 1.5 if you go off how much Paige eats!!!)
    Can't help wishing that mum would come down and cook for me or help me to clean house, or go baby shopping it's funny how much I miss this but it isn't to be not for me with Paige or with this bubba.
    she can't help it and I don't resent her for it anywhere as much as I did with Paige, now we know that it is a mental condition connected with dimensia and not just mum being self centered.
    At least I know that they have both had a good healthy meal as I am afraid mum has lost touch a little with the appropriate times for storing foods and I am scared to think of what meals they have been eating,( they sat down to ham and cheese toasties made with 3 week old ham!!! ands mum ate hers just to spite everyone saying "there's nothing wrong with it it's beautiful..."but she'd served them uo to my brother, his two children(including the one with CF) and dad.
    I even snuck three doggy bag meals home with dad tonight under the guise that "I just couldn't fit them in my freezer and would hate to see them go to waste"

I was nearly crashed in too this afternoon I was sitting at an intersection at a red light when this white 4 wheel drivey thing did a dukes of hazzard around the corner and there was literally nothing I could do to avoid it with out putting myself and others at furthur risk...He managed to make it around the corner JUST!!!!!!( I had braced myself for impact and was trying to reach around to paige It is a horrible feeling to be so powerless....all I could think of were my babies, we have just moved Paiges car seat behind the drivers seat so he would have slid straight in to Paige , me and Bubba, I sat at the intersection for about a minute trying to compose myself and restart my heart...Paige kept asking "what's the matter mumma?" over and over again
    wouldn't have been at all suprised for my contractions to start immediately as I was sooooo freaked out....but we are all OK just a little shocked and shaken.
    well I should go and right the chaos in the kitchen but I am thinking that I may watch a little telly and toddle off to bed instead

blizz.. hun.. I'm soooo glad that you guys were alright - crazy season on the road is starting!!

Good thing I didn't put a wager on bubs being born on my birthday (30th).. although there is still time.. C'mon Angus - 30/10/08 is a good day to be born!!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast